Does Bell Travel share same bus with Roong Rueng @ Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya?

thairookie

I have decided to give Bell Travel a try on my next visit from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya because I don't want to wander around in the airport while waiting for the 2nd or 3rd bus from Roong Rueng, which is usually the case.

However, with Bell Travel you have to book your bus online.  The plus point is upon arrival at Pattaya North you will be transferred to your hotel via a van.

Now my question is Bell Travel sharing the same route (to Pattaya North station) and same bus with Roong Rueng ?

AFAIK they don't share the same bus and they don't 100% share the same route. 

BELL ands up on North Pattaya bus station.

Roong Ruang airport bus ends up at Jomtien Bus Terminal

The only thing thay "share" is the attached counter on the groundfloor of BKK airport

No they don't share a bus.

It's a separate transport and they have their own building and reserved area in the back of northern bus terminal.

3 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

The only thing thay "share" is the attached counter on the groundfloor of BKK airport

Wish they still would.

Strange change since a while: they have no more proper counter at Suv.

You can not even buy a ticket on the spot, only online advance booking (in this direction).

Instead of a counter some employees hang around the area and serve you from the benches.

They might or might not walk around and call/shout for their customers.

Last time I stumbled upon them and they were already busy with some "problem customers" (arguing).

Bell Travel does still share a counter with the other bus company at Suvarnbhumi.  It's only for Hua Hin buses, though.

The way they handle the Pattaya-bound operation is how it was when Bell Travel first started serving the airport.  At that time there was some grey area they were operating within in that they didn't have a certain type of permission, I think?  I suspect that never changed but they "got away with" being more blatantly in the open by operating from the counter and selling tickets to walk-up passengers, but somehow someone in authority got annoyed (didn't get a big enough envelope?) and things have reverted to the original situation.

3 minutes ago, p414 said:

used the once.never again most seats had only one passenger I was well dressed but they put some slob next to me.

Yeah, probably the only bus line in Thailand where a slob might sit next to you.

As I understand it, all intercity buses that take casual (walk-up) passengers must be licensed and run only routes authorized and predetermined, as the Roong Ruang buses do.

The Bell Buses were running under rules specified for limousines and those rules are specific that limousines can not pick up casual passengers...they must be "booked"

Bell was selling tickets to walk-up passengers as well as pre-booked and were probably putting a big dent in the profits of other airport limo services, thus it seems they were blocked from selling non-reserved seats to walk-ups.  The loophole seems to be while they can no longer sell to walk-ups directly, they can sell a seat to a walk-up through an agent....thus, the guys sitting around are "independant agents" who then book you a seat on Bell.

Edited by dddave

12 hours ago, thairookie said:

How long is the journey compared to the RR bus that goes to Jomtien?

The journey from BKK to Pattaya/Jomtien will be same.

From the Jomtien busterminal you need a taxi/songtaew to your hotel. (THB 120 + THB 200/300 for the taxi)

From the North Pattaya Bus Station you hop over to a van which will take you to your hotel. (THB 254 [?] all in)

All in all.....same journey. 

3 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

The journey from BKK to Pattaya/Jomtien will be same.

From the Jomtien busterminal you need a taxi/songtaew to your hotel. (THB 120 + THB 200/300 for the taxi)

From the North Pattaya Bus Station you hop over to a van which will take you to your hotel. (THB 254 [?] all in)

All in all.....same journey. 

Thanks for the confirmation.

On 16-4-2017 at 7:39 AM, dddave said:

As I understand it, all intercity buses that take casual (walk-up) passengers must be licensed and run only routes authorized and predetermined, as the Roong Ruang buses do.

The Bell Buses were running under rules specified for limousines and those rules are specific that limousines can not pick up casual passengers...they must be "booked"

Bell was selling tickets to walk-up passengers as well as pre-booked and were probably putting a big dent in the profits of other airport limo services, thus it seems they were blocked from selling non-reserved seats to walk-ups.  The loophole seems to be while they can no longer sell to walk-ups directly, they can sell a seat to a walk-up through an agent....thus, the guys sitting around are "independant agents" who then book you a seat on Bell.

Never had a problem as walk-up passenger, since when don you need an indepent agent ?

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:43 AM, KhunBENQ said:

No they don't share a bus.

It's a separate transport and they have their own building and reserved area in the back of northern bus terminal.

Wish they still would.

Strange change since a while: they have no more proper counter at Suv.

You can not even buy a ticket on the spot, only online advance booking (in this direction).

Instead of a counter some employees hang around the area and serve you from the benches.

They might or might not walk around and call/shout for their customers.

Last time I stumbled upon them and they were already busy with some "problem customers" (arguing).

Yep, and a much as I always like Bell Bus and had booked several times in the past, I will not book online and pay online for a bus ticket.  So the last few times I took the walk up cheaper bus and got off at the top of 2nd Road.  There have always been a few motor taxis waiting there and a baht bus.  I just had a carry on so I just walk down tot he bridge and cross over and hoof it from there or catch a motorbike or baht bus if the others are gone or full.  Shame and stupid on Bell.  I never got a good answer on why you can't walk up and book at the counter.  I could understand and gladly pay an extra fee in lieu of booking and paying online

17 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yep, and a much as I always like Bell Bus and had booked several times in the past, I will not book online and pay online for a bus ticket.  So the last few times I took the walk up cheaper bus and got off at the top of 2nd Road.  There have always been a few motor taxis waiting there and a baht bus.  I just had a carry on so I just walk down tot he bridge and cross over and hoof it from there or catch a motorbike or baht bus if the others are gone or full.  Shame and stupid on Bell.  I never got a good answer on why you can't walk up and book at the counter.  I could understand and gladly pay an extra fee in lieu of booking and paying online

I think you mean you got off at the top of Centre Road on Sukhumvit Road as the bus doesn't go near 2nd road.
Personally if the traffic isn't too bad I go all the way to the final stop near Theprasit Road / Jomtien. From there I jump on a boat bus for 10 That back into Pattaya.

4 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

I think you mean you got off at the top of Centre Road on Sukhumvit Road as the bus doesn't go near 2nd road.
Personally if the traffic isn't too bad I go all the way to the final stop near Theprasit Road / Jomtien. From there I jump on a boat bus for 10 That back into Pattaya.

yes.  my bad.