5,106 companies removed from govt's list of juristic persons

webfact

5,106 companies removed from govt's list of juristic persons

BANGKOK, 17 April 2017 (NNT) - The Department of Business Development has withdrawn 5,106 companies from its database due to a failure to submit a financial report for three consecutive years. People who want to do business with them are warned to check whether they are still legal. 

Director-General of the Department of Business Development Banchongchit Angsusing suggested the general public, business owners and investors to check the status of the juristic persons that they want to do business with in order to find out if the juristic persons really exist. Doing so can prevent fraudulence or false representation, said the director-general. 

The department recently improved and updated its database of juristic persons. In the past, there were a lot of juristic persons who were out of business after they registered with the department. 

The names of the 5,106 juristic persons can be checked on the department’s website (www.dbd.go.th).

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-04-17

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Department of Business Development has withdrawn 5,106 companies from its database

In February 2017 the DBD announced that 6,279 new companies were registered in the Kingdom

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30306336

No mention of companies delisted. So now is the net new registrations 1,173? Not so fantastic if so.

2 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

All those using A Company Name to buy houses will

be very concerned....cracking down,on this "loophole".

If anyone did buy a home using this route and the company now  has been 'closed' how will that affect ownership and especially re-sale of the property?

PS

No, I didn't.

??

Edited by overherebc

30 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If anyone did buy a home using this route and the company now  has been 'closed' how will that affect ownership and especially re-sale of the property?

PS

No, I didn't.

??

Interesting but i think companies that beeing  closed were ordinary companies that went bankrupt ot stopped paying any taxes.companies that have been set up to control land and house would never stop to pay their annual tax so why would they get closed?

53 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Interesting but i think companies that beeing  closed were ordinary companies that went bankrupt ot stopped paying any taxes.companies that have been set up to control land and house would never stop to pay their annual tax so why would they get closed?

I know a couple who went down that road to buy and one is now working in Oz so have no idea how the company would continue here.

I agree about companies just closing the doors and walking away, many where I am.

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I know a couple who went down that road to buy and one is now working in Oz so have no idea how the company would continue here.

I agree about companies just closing the doors and walking away, many where I am.

Just need i think an accountant that will submit the annual tax report and payments.These companies have as u know zero activities so Why does it require you to be present?

11 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Just need i think an accountant that will submit the annual tax report and payments.These companies have as u know zero activities so Why does it require you to be present?

Zero activity would be zero income/outgoing therefor zero tax. To all intents and puposes that could be taken as no longer operational as a company.

Or, do they pay tax every year on supposed salaries to supposed company directors.

I'm just trying to figure out how it might work.

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Zero activity would be zero income/outgoing therefor zero tax. To all intents and puposes that could be taken as no longer operational as a company.

Or, do they pay tax every year on supposed salaries to supposed company directors.

I'm just trying to figure out how it might work.

No zero revenue does not means zero company tax.There always is a bare minimum tax amount to be paid for any company .That why accountant need submit an annual tax  report and thats the only activity.Companies not submitting  anything are probably the ones getting closed up and that makes good sense.