Certificate of residence

madmax2

What is the procedure to get a CofR now, do you just go in and they give you one for a fee or is there a waiting period after you apply, i want one to register a vehicle in my name

Also what copies of or documents are required, different web sites tell you different requirements

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

copies of ur lease, landlords id card an house paper, application,

passport front page, visa, entry stamp, departure card copies

FREE if u stand ur ground

wait for it

Plus proof of house registration by house owner/land lord.  Usually this is on Immigration data base assuming owner did register you, but that data base is all screwed up these last 4 months. 

4 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

copies of ur lease, landlords id card an house paper, application,

passport front page, visa, entry stamp, departure card copies

FREE if u stand ur ground

wait for it

House is in my wife's name, so copy of house book??

ID and drivers license should be sufficient proof , but TIT

I have house registration slip in my passport

28 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

same last name?
still need copy id card, make up a lease, did she register u living there?

He has copy registration in passport, so copy ID is sufficient.

Its been a long time (years) since i needed a C of R and the only change i can see in the requirements for one is proof of address, The slip in my passport already confirming my address is not enough proof it seems 

Its like everything else immigration does to make it harder, use to take 1 hour  to extend your visa, now it takes 2 days, photo in front of house, what that is supposed to prove i do not have a clue

Probably want you to supply a stool sample by next year, when farangs complain about tea money fees on forums and in newspapers they do not like it and make everything harder to do for everyone

as a result of these complaints

38 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Its been a long time (years) since i needed a C of R and the only change i can see in the requirements for one is proof of address, The slip in my passport already confirming my address is not enough proof it seems 

Its like everything else immigration does to make it harder, use to take 1 hour  to extend your visa, now it takes 2 days, photo in front of house, what that is supposed to prove i do not have a clue

Probably want you to supply a stool sample by next year, when farangs complain about tea money fees on forums and in newspapers they do not like it and make everything harder to do for everyone

as a result of these complaints

Slip in your passport is enough proof. Copy it. That's it. Was enough in January and March when i did my last CORs.

12 minutes ago, schlog said:

Slip in your passport is enough proof. Copy it. That's it. Was enough in January and March when i did my last CORs.

Thanks for the reply mate, i have already made a copy but i will take copies of everything else to make sure i have no problems

I am going in on this Thursday for a C or R and to do my annual visa extension,I will just give them copies of my passport and papers in it and see how things go, i will have copies of the additional information if i require them, i will let people know how i get on 

I was yesterday at the immigration office in Phuket town to get a CoR (for the purpose of getting International Driving Licence).
I am on Non O 1 year multi entry (based on child).
I registered my address about 3 years ago and got the notification of alien slip attached in my passport since.
When I did register, I asked them if need to register again when i will need a CoR again. They said no, as long as you are staying at the same address no need.
I am travelling a lot, got 1 year Non O multi entry every years and also get a new passport every year (as full)
For the last 3 years, I requested several CoR and got them without any issues. As soon as they see the notification of alien slip no issues. The last time before yesterday I requested CoR was last January when I renewed my 5 years DL and no issues again.
But yesterday, the immigration officer had a look at my passport (nearly full...) and told me: " your last entry was on 10 April but your address registration has not been updated..."
I explained him my case, living in Phuket at the same address for the last 15 years (my son is the real owner of the house) and working in neighbor country...in and out almost every weekend...
His answer was: I understand you but this is the law. Everytime you go out of the country, you must register your address again when you come back...
Today i will register for you without your owner presence but you have to pay 600 bahts :)
10 minutes later, i got my passport back with a new notification of alien and CoR.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

600 baht for a free service .... 

Yep I know that...but can you do? Argue and leaving without needed document? Complain and face issues the next time you need something...

Are you guys talking about my Yellow Address Book? I have a 1 year Type O Marriage VISA with multiple entry. My Thai wife owns the house. I will be going back next month for my 1st extension at Nong Khai. I assume you are talking about a Certificate and not an Address Book.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

Are you guys talking about my Yellow Address Book? I have a 1 year Type O Marriage VISA with multiple entry. My Thai wife owns the house. I will be going back next month for my 1st extension at Nong Khai. I assume you are talking about a Certificate and not an Address Book.

Yes ... certificate of residence. Nothing to do with address book ...

I got 2 certificates in February. All I needed :

-Copies of front page of my passport, Entry stamp and departure card.

-2 (maybe 4) photos

-refill the application

-I delivered a copy of the receipt of paid one month stay in the hotel.

-I paid 400 when I delivered all these, 20 minutes later I got 2 C. of R.

Ops!!! I was on 30 day tourist visa

12 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

600 baht for a free service .... 

I actually  wish they would officially charge for this and put it above board.  It takes the money out of their grubby little hands.

Pointless Immigration bleating out that it is free when challenged by the press- we all know its bullocks and is why there are 'no camera' signs prominently displayed in the office.

You pay for a bank letter, bank statement, embassy papers, notarised papers, etc so why not for this. No Service is free and I would suggest the 4 things I have just mentioned are charged for in most countries.

In this case JPHasia was scammed  (basically for telling the truth!) He would have been charged B300, not B600 AND got a receipt if it were legitimised. We both know that so long as we return to our registered address there is no reason to go through the performance again. 

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

I got a cert of residence today from Sisaket IO and...........
Shock Horror!!!!!!!!

It was free!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fascinating but this is a forum about PHUKET! We thank you for your input though.

11 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

C of R is required if you apply for a Thai drivers license or want to register a motorbike or vehicle in your own name,Not required for visa extensions or anything else as far as i know, i am sure if i am wrong someone will quickly correct me

21 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

C of R is required if you apply for a Thai drivers license or want to register a motorbike or vehicle in your own name,Not required for visa extensions or anything else as far as i know, i am sure if i am wrong someone will quickly correct me

I used my yellow house book when I got my driver's license and bought/registered a new truck, I think it can be an equivalent to a certificate of residence. Basically it is a certificate of where I am living. Any information on when the C of R would be required instead of a yellow house book would be welcomed.

On 19.4.2017 at 10:29 AM, jphasia said:

Argue and leaving without needed document? Complain and face issues the next time you need something...

Just ask for a receipt very politely. You know, I need it for my taxes...

8 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Just ask for a receipt very politely. You know, I need it for my taxes...

Different in this case, since the 600 baht paid was for a (according to the officer) late registration of address.

Different in this case, since the 600 baht paid was for a (according to the officer) late registration of address.

I actually got a receipt for the 600b. Yes I think it is related to late registration. I am fine with that. Got my CoR, got my International DL the same day. All done

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

I used my yellow house book when I got my driver's license and bought/registered a new truck, I think it can be an equivalent to a certificate of residence. Basically it is a certificate of where I am living. Any information on when the C of R would be required instead of a yellow house book would be welcomed.

I do not know mate, but i found out today when i dropped my C or R off to pearl Toyota that a copy of your passport is not good enough any more for licensing a vehicle in a foreigners name

The transport authority wants to see your actual passport to make sure its not fake

Would anyone be stupid enough to buy and register a vehicle with a fake passport

What are they going to think of next to muck people around

8 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

I do not know mate, but i found out today when i dropped my C or R off to pearl Toyota that a copy of your passport is not good enough any more for licensing a vehicle in a foreigners name

The transport authority wants to see your actual passport to make sure its not fake

Would anyone be stupid enough to buy and register a vehicle with a fake passport

What are they going to think of next to muck people around

Always been the case that the Transport Office MUST see the original passport or work permit or yellow book, when copy presented.

16 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Always been the case that the Transport Office MUST see the original passport or work permit or yellow book, when copy presented.

I have never had to do it before whe buying a car or bike, and the salesman at Pearl Toyota said its a new requirement from about 1 year ago

Archived