Certificate of residence

madmax2

9 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

I have never had to do it before whe buying a car or bike, and the salesman at Pearl Toyota said its a new requirement from about 1 year ago

Over the last 20 years I have bought 3 cars and 4 m/bikes. I did the paperwork myself and always had to show my original passport. Maybe the 'dealers' have a special 'deal'. Just saying ..

22 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Over the last 20 years I have bought 3 cars and 4 m/bikes. I did the paperwork myself and always had to show my original passport. Maybe the 'dealers' have a special 'deal'. Just saying ..

Doing it by yourself you need the original passport.

Copy was always enough for dealers. So this is new now.

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

I do not know mate, but i found out today when i dropped my C or R off to pearl Toyota that a copy of your passport is not good enough any more for licensing a vehicle in a foreigners name

The transport authority wants to see your actual passport to make sure its not fake

Would anyone be stupid enough to buy and register a vehicle with a fake passport

What are they going to think of next to muck people around

So you have to give the dealer now your passport to handle it....555.

Doing driving license tests every 5 years to 'renew' driving license???......

Sometimes they real come up with incredible stupid ideas.

17 hours ago, schlog said:

So you have to give the dealer now your passport to handle it....555.

Doing driving license tests every 5 years to 'renew' driving license???......

Sometimes they real come up with incredible stupid ideas.

I have never had to do a "test" other than color, & brake, for my renewal in the past 20 years

34 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

I have never had to do a "test" other than color, & brake, for my renewal in the past 20 years

I also never had to but they come now up with this.......

Meanwhile, Land Transport Department director-general Sanit Promwong said, under the new regulation, applicants for driving licenses or drivers who want to renew their driving licenses would be required to go through a training session of up to 15 hours from today’s 3-4 hours and pass both the written and driving tests organized by the private sector.

Some weird and wonderful rules and regulations here

In Australia you have to do road rules written test then do a proper driving test on the public road with a government driving tester, if you do not pass this test you have to wait 3 months before you can do it again

Once you have your required license/licenses you renew your driving license every 5 years at the local post office and if living overseas a new photo is required every 10 years

At 80 years of age you are required to supply a medical report and do another driving test, not before. If you are a law abiding driver and have not lost your license by breaking the law or accumulating to many demerit points which may force you to do a driving exam to get your license back, you never have to sit another exam until 80YO

If they had the same sensible rules here it would be much quicker to renew your license with no hassles  

2 hours ago, schlog said:

I also never had to but they come now up with this.......

Meanwhile, Land Transport Department director-general Sanit Promwong said, under the new regulation, applicants for driving licenses or drivers who want to renew their driving licenses would be required to go through a training session of up to 15 hours from today’s 3-4 hours and pass both the written and driving tests organized by the private sector.

What a Joke, my wife went to a local driving school to get her driving license and paid them 3800 baht, once they had 4 learners the driving instructor took them to another province where the learners paid 1000 baht each and received their driving licenses

My wife only had 4 lessons from the driving school before getting her license

Now then intend letting the private sector (driving schools) organize the written and driving tests,i wonder how much tea money will be paid out once the driving schools take over the issuing of licenses

• 1 year later...

The Phuket immigration office, in the case of the wife owning the property  insist on the wife being present or you have to have a power of attorney signed at a government office with the revenue stamps affixed. I went in today to get a COO to renew my licence and after waiting for an hour was told to re register my current address, I'd been out of the country for a weekend since the last time it was done. As my wife now lives up country I previously had her sign copies of the house paper and ID card, worked last time but not any more. If the owner can't show up they demand a PoA, so for the moment I'm  screwed. Hoping my ex will be nice and register me from up country otherwise I'll have to risk using my home country licence without an International licence.

Life was just to easy , can't have that.

Archived