Bangkok Bank mobile app

I don think you have to be enrolled in PromptPay to use the app but they will keep bugging you to enroll in it.

Same with online banking they will keep giving you messages to enroll. I enrolled in it when it was first rolled out.

Just now, tonray said:

Because I had to enter passwords and the like and the only app I was in was the Bank app.

I only know that it wanted to enroll me because it asked which of my two accounts should receive PromptPay transfers.  If you have just one account it may just enroll you without asking.  And it may not display that fact anywhere that you can see it.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don think you have to be enrolled in PromptPay to use the app but they will keep bugging you enroll in it.

Same with online bank they will keep giving you messages to enroll. I enrolled in it when it was first rolled out.

At least at this point in time I cannot fully log in without answering their question of which of my two accounts should receive all that PromptPay money.  There is no opt out of that dialogue like there has been on the ATM screens.

Edited by CaptHaddock

25 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

At least at this point in time I cannot fully log in without answering their question of which of my two accounts should receive all that PromptPay money.  There is no opt out of that dialogue like there has been on the ATM screens.

Just select one of your two accounts and let it enroll you.

I am enrolled and have never had a need to use it yet. I think it is set up on what I consider my primary account that has a ATM/Debit card.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Just select one of your two accounts and let it enroll you.

I am enrolled and have never had a need to use it yet. I think it is set up on what I consider my primary account that has a ATM/Debit card.

That's always an option, of course, but just because you haven't needed to use it does not mean that it is safe.  Remember it will be a two-way street.  Money may come in, but may also go out.  Probably, it will be ok, but since they massively flubbed the original roll out on a national scale I don't trust it as a matter of policy.  As there will never be any benefit for me why should I accept some unknown risk even if it may turn out to be small?