British PM May calls for early election on June 8

Jonathan Fairfield

The French presidential elections could prove to be EU turning point, unpredictable is the current 'buzzword'.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/french-election-2017-voters-go-to-the-polls-in-wide-open-contest/ar-BBAaul9?li=BBoPRmx

It's worth monitoring the outcome of this particular election as the EU are very nervous indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

I believe she's only standing for the local council,not Westminster,or even the county council in Edinburgh.in fact her affiliation to UKIP is just about zero.

Over my head, I'm afraid ?

Well reasoned comments from Blair

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39685678

Sorry Grouse, Blair is a behind the scenes power hungry egotist.

Doesn't respect the EU result, and along with Tim Farron would do anything given have the chance to reverse the Brexit result.

He is past political vermin (excuse my harsh term) of the highest order.

Doesn't respect the EU result, and along with Tim Farron would do anything given have the chance to reverse the Brexit result.

I'm not keen on Blair either, but he's spot on about Brexit and the disaster awaiting the UK if it's not either reversed or watered down.

2 minutes ago, citybiker said:

And we believe what Tone says don't we, he is a bigger liar than Tom Pepper!

I'm not keen on Blair either, but he's spot on about Brexit and the disaster awaiting the UK if it's not either reversed or watered down.

I'd like to see evidence of the Brexit disaster waiting to happen to the UK prior to making a conclusion.

Also, I've just seen the R4 interview where Blair actually accepts the EU result, and states he's so passionate about Brexit he's tempted to return to politics, saying that May's Brexit is 'unreasonable'.

Simple Hypocrisy, so passionate that he didn't offer the electorate the vote [emoji849]

OK, off topic but interesting

St George, ( it's his day today) Patron Saint of England was Turkish! I kid you not!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/st-georges-day-2016-who-was-saint-george-why-is-he-englands-patron-saint-st-george-dragon-slay-kill-a6997016.html

Maybe Boris is a descendent?

Edited by Grouse

1 minute ago, citybiker said:

I'd like to see evidence of the Brexit disaster waiting to happen to the UK prior to making a conclusion.

Also, I've just seen the R4 interview where Blair actually accepts the EU result, and states he's so passionate about Brexit he's tempted to return to politics, saying that May's Brexit is 'unreasonable'.

Simple Hypocrisy, so passionate that he didn't offer the electorate the vote emoji849.png

People tend to accept that their limbs have been amputated, even if they don't like it.

When things are screwed up in big time, it's a good reason to be tempted to come back to politics.

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

People tend to accept that their limbs have been amputated, even if they don't like it.

When things are screwed up in big time, it's a good reason to be tempted to come back to politics.

Which party would he join, seeing most of the country hates him, where do you think he would fit in. Is there a party called Ulie or maybe Ufib?

Edited by vogie

8 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Simple Hypocrisy, so passionate that he didn't offer the electorate the vote emoji849.png

A referendum is a cop out for the executive. Fancy a referendum on bringing back hanging? How about abolishing taxes?

Which party would he join, seeing most of the country hates him, where do you think he would fit in. Is there a party called Ulie or maybe Ufib?

He wouldn't join a party he'd start one.

Given half the chance, front woman Gina Millar as you have to media savvy at least to stand up to scrutiny and be very aware & knowledgeable, SME are vital criteria in today's climate of ruthless politics.

I've (briefly) researched how much Blair wants to return yet knows his best place is behind the scene's in consultation role.

53 minutes ago, citybiker said:

He wouldn't join a party he'd start one.

Given half the chance, front woman Gina Millar as you have to media savvy at least to stand up to scrutiny and be very aware & knowledgeable, SME are vital criteria in today's climate of ruthless politics.

I've (briefly) researched how much Blair wants to return yet knows his best place is behind the scene's in consultation role.

It was, I think, fellow member Orac (a remainer) who recently described Blair as slightly less popular than Gary Glitter :laugh:. If Project Fear wants to kill off what's left of it's increasingly desperate rearguard campaign, putting Blair back into frontline politics is the way to go :thumbsup:.

13 hours ago, oilinki said:

If you were British,you would know that Tony WMD Blair is hated by the vast majority of the people,and that is from all sides of the political divide. He can take a fair share of the credit as to why the UK is now screwed up.

Not that he's too bothered, having made £50+million from his career.

14 hours ago, oilinki said:

The only person who thinks Blair is a good politician is Blair. He cared so much for the county he gave Brown the premiership, so he could go make millions on the talk circuit. Any political situation he has been involved with since has been a total failure. 

43 minutes ago, CharlieK said:

The only person who thinks Blair is a good politician is Blair. He cared so much for the county he gave Brown the premiership, so he could go make millions on the talk circuit. Any political situation he has been involved with since has been a total failure. 

Failed politicians always seem to find suckers to pay big bucks to listen on the rubber chicken circuit. They give those "How I conned voters and got away with it" speeches or translated "How to succeed in business without really trying"

52 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

That phrase was floating around in my mind from somewhere and you confirmed from where. A song ahead of its time. Video was good to. Thanks for updating me. So much floats around in my mind today. When I pass it will be a permanent reset I guess. 

The song and singer rang an instant bell with me so it was easy. My appreciation of "modern pop" music gave up the ghost when Freddie Mercury from Queen died in 1991.

Sure there the odd singer and song I can get along with nowadays but not that many.

My apologies to all for my :offtopic2: post. :sorry:

Maybe he should be given a 2nd opportunity at his Middle East Peace Envoy post.

Damascus is missing you Mr Blair.

On another note, I see JC wants to Abolish food banks, ban Zero hour contracts and set a minimum £10 hr.

Food banks for people unable to manage their finances properly.

Companies will relocate where they can operate zero hour, everyone loses.

How many companies can afford to pay £10 without job cuts?

http://labourlist.org/2017/04/corbyns-vision-for-britain-the-policies-labour-is-set-to-include-in-its-manifesto/

Who advises the Labour Party these days?

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

The song and singer rang an instant bell with me so it was easy. My appreciation of "modern pop" music gave up the ghost when Freddie Mercury from Queen died in 1991.

Sure there the odd singer and song I can get along with nowadays but not that many.

My apologies to all for my :offtopic2: post. :sorry:

Forgiven. 

23 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Maybe he should be given a 2nd opportunity at his Middle East Peace Envoy post.

Damascus is missing you Mr Blair.

On another note, I see JC wants to Abolish food banks, ban Zero hour contracts and set a minimum £10 hr.

Food banks for people unable to manage their finances properly.

Companies will relocate where they can operate zero hour, everyone loses.

How many companies can afford to pay £10 without job cuts?

http://labourlist.org/2017/04/corbyns-vision-for-britain-the-policies-labour-is-set-to-include-in-its-manifesto/

Who advises the Labour Party these days?

I beleive this is JC principle advisor.

image.jpeg