Argument Over A Bill I Received

helicoptor

We have received a bill for the Pool Maintenance of 2000 THB. This is a monthly in advance fee, the pool gets cleaned (supposedly) 3 times a week. We have been here now coming up to 4 weeks, however we are looking to move out in January sometime (waiting for our new house to be ready).

Over the last month the pool was not cleaned during one week, my partner is home with our baby all day each day and she called me at work at the time to get me to get the landlord on the case. I called the landlord and someone workers came out the next day.

This bill came yesterday direct from maintenance company (not my landlord). I have called the landlord, who is a farang and told him that, really I should only pay 1500 as they missed a week. He has said better to just pay it as they will otherwise just stop coming. I have not got a problem with this as I will just get another company in to do the job.

I have spoken to Thais I work with and get different opinions. I feel I should argue the 500 THB but its proving the fact that they didnt turn up that week. No paperwork is signed after they do the work.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm :o

We have received a bill for the Pool Maintenance of 2000 THB. This is a monthly in advance fee, the pool gets cleaned (supposedly) 3 times a week. We have been here now coming up to 4 weeks, however we are looking to move out in January sometime (waiting for our new house to be ready).

Over the last month the pool was not cleaned during one week, my partner is home with our baby all day each day and she called me at work at the time to get me to get the landlord on the case. I called the landlord and someone workers came out the next day.

This bill came yesterday direct from maintenance company (not my landlord). I have called the landlord, who is a farang and told him that, really I should only pay 1500 as they missed a week. He has said better to just pay it as they will otherwise just stop coming. I have not got a problem with this as I will just get another company in to do the job.

I have spoken to Thais I work with and get different opinions. I feel I should argue the 500 THB but its proving the fact that they didnt turn up that week. No paperwork is signed after they do the work.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm :o

If its a monthly 'in advance' fee, then if you are moving in January why are you paying one month as you may be out in 2 weeks? I would leave it until I was leaving or until I knew more clearly when I was leaving.

If I was going to be there a long time I would pay the 2K,but tell the landlord if they missed time again, that you would NOT pay

Unless you've got a fast talking, smart Thai person to help, I'd say your chance of getting them to accept less are pretty small. The farang pathetic smile, pointless hand gesture arguments don't work that well (I know, I'm a master of these, and it gets me nowhere, lol)

Unless you've got a fast talking, smart Thai person to help, I'd say your chance of getting them to accept less are pretty small. The farang pathetic smile, pointless hand gesture arguments don't work that well (I know, I'm a master of these, and it gets me nowhere, lol)

got plenty of them around me - all women ! :o