Adding onto an O/A visa

I'm coming to the end of my O/A visa and have got another 12 months already added on my passports immigration stamp. My question is simple: will I need to get a Thai bank account with a healthy deposit of money in the account once I go beyond my 1 year O/A visa expires and I start going into the extra 12 months? Or can I carry on before and still use my own countries bank and ATM card without having to set up a Thai bank account? Plus, will I need further proof of my funds if I continue as normal for a further 10 or 12 months?

You don't need to anything until the last one year entry from your OA a visa is near ending. Then you would need to either apply for a one year extension of stay or get a new OA visa in your home country.

You will need a re-entry permit to keep your last entry valid after the enter before date on your visa. Prior to the enter before date you would get a new one year entry.

• Like 1

Sorry, I just need to clarify a few more things. I'm cured in the process of leaving Thailand for perhaps 2 weeks and looking to return before my O/A visa expires. I've already got the extra 12 months stamp in my passport. My question is more to do with my next 90 Day Report. Will they ask to see further proof of my funds or will my previous bank statement that I showed when I got my O/A visa still hold up?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You don't need to anything until the last one year entry from your OA a visa is near ending. Then you would need to either apply for a one year extension of stay or get a new OA visa in your home country.

You will need a re-entry permit to keep your last entry valid after the enter before date on your visa. Prior to the enter before date you would get a new one year entry.

Thank you for that reply. So at my next 90 Day a Report which is beyond the expiry date but within the extra 12 months add-on, I won't be asked to provide further details of my bank balance? Sorry, I just want to clarify so I don't make a huge mistake when I return.

7 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

My question is more to do with my next 90 Day Report.

You will need nothing more than what you have had when you made your 90 day reports before.

The12 months is not an add on to your OA visa it is what is allowed by it.

1 minute ago, Senior Player said:

Thank you for that reply. So at my next 90 Day a Report which is beyond the expiry date but within the extra 12 months add-on, I won't be asked to provide further details of my bank balance? Sorry, I just want to clarify so I don't make a huge mistake when I return.

It would stand to reason that you recently departed and arrived back in to Thailand?

If so, then the 90 day report would not be due until 90 days after your last arrival in to Thailand (including the day of arrival), each time you depart Thailand then the 90 day clock resets upon arrival back, it would not be due until you had been here for 90 continuous days, there is no need to produce any financial documents for a 90 day report.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need nothing more than what you have had when you made your 90 day reports before.

The12 months is not an add on to your OA visa it is what is allowed by it.

It's a sort of add on though. I know I'd need an exit permit if I wanted to travel across borders, but the stamp gives me an "admitted until" date that is an extra 12 months beyond the 1 year O/A visa, does it not?

10 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

It's a sort of add on though. I know I'd need an exit permit if I wanted to travel across borders, but the stamp gives me an "admitted until" date that is an extra 12 months beyond the 1 year O/A visa, does it not?

Your OA visa is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and allows unlimited one year entries for that year. Every entry you do is still based upon that visa you applied for and showed the financial proof required.

The re-entry permit (it is not an exit permit) will  keep the remainder of the last one year entry valid when you enter the country. It does not add any days to that entry.

On 19/04/2017 at 4:55 AM, Mattd said:

It would stand to reason that you recently departed and arrived back in to Thailand?

If so, then the 90 day report would not be due until 90 days after your last arrival in to Thailand (including the day of arrival), each time you depart Thailand then the 90 day clock resets upon arrival back, it would not be due until you had been here for 90 continuous days, there is no need to produce any financial documents for a 90 day report.

Sorry I've only just got to see your message after my longhaul flight back to the UK. But yes, I recently completed a return trip from Cambodia and received a Admitted Until 13 April 2018 stamp in my passport. I departed yesterday to come back to the UK. My O/A Visa expires on 23 May 2017, so I know I would need to return to Thailand sometime before that expiry date kicks in for my 13 April date to still be valid. I guess I was just concerned whether I'd need to bring along extra info for my next 90 Day Report which until yesterday was due 3 June, though I'd need to notify them of my address again in Thailand according to the Notification Stamp.

PS. It's strange being back here after being away for so long.

On 19/04/2017 at 5:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your OA visa is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and allows unlimited one year entries for that year. Every entry you do is still based upon that visa you applied for and showed the financial proof required.

The re-entry permit (it is not an exit permit) will  keep the remainder of the last one year entry valid when you enter the country. It does not add any days to that entry.

Thank you, ubonjoe, yes that too was my understanding of how my original visa works. Many thanks