PM Prayut denies plans for economic reshuffle

webfact

PM denies plans for economic reshuffle
By The Nation

ae4d56b2ce789701fb3102b316adf5a0.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has denied that he had plan to reshuffle ministers.

After a Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, Prayut said he had no plans to reshuffle his Cabinet, particularly referring to those in economic portfolios. 

He said that the country’s economic problems were multidimensional, and the government was finding ways to stimulate local economies to boost people’s average income. 

A recent survey early this week found 29 per cent of respondents voiced concern about the Prayut government because the government ignored people’s opinions. 

The premier responded to the poll by saying the government was taking into account the views and concerns of people through the Damrongtham complaint centres as well as via social media.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30312697

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-19

I'm no economist but I would suggest that the countries economic problems are pretty one dimensional.

They've spent all their money on things for themselves and on themselves, and because of that, and the way they took power, no one wants to do business with them.

I am no economist but I will suggest an earlier election and an elected government will be good for the economy. Also a pledge that there will be NO MORE COUP will entice foreign investors looking for political stability. An increase in daily wage will help drive the domestic economy, more tax incentives for micro small business enterprises, better planning for 'cash cow' tourism industry and all businesses related to it, divert more budget allocation to outer Bangkok, delayed the purchases of military hardware and channel the money inwards. In short, improve the domestic economy and less reliance on export.  

I am no economist but I will suggest an earlier election and an elected government will be good for the economy. Also a pledge that there will be NO MORE COUP will entice foreign investors looking for political stability. An increase in daily wage will help drive the domestic economy, more tax incentives for micro small business enterprises, better planning for 'cash cow' tourism industry and all businesses related to it, divert more budget allocation to outer Bangkok, delayed the purchases of military hardware and channel the money inwards. In short, improve the domestic economy and less reliance on export.  

"Also a pledge that there will be NO MORE COUP will entice foreign investors looking for political stability"

That will never work until the thai people learn that a democratically elected government is accepted.

Thai people are simply to immature to belong in a democracy. They need a firm hand!

I can assure you that foreign investors will completely avoid thailand in a civil war.

8 minutes ago, cunningstunt said:

"Also a pledge that there will be NO MORE COUP will entice foreign investors looking for political stability"

That will never work until the thai people learn that a democratically elected government is accepted.

Thai people are simply to immature to belong in a democracy. They need a firm hand!

I can assure you that foreign investors will completely avoid thailand in a civil war.

Let me rephrase your comment.

" that will never work until the junta apologists here and that include you and the establishment accept an elected government. This anti-democracy group and that include you are too insecure to belong in a democracy. They need to hear the people expression".

Let me rephrase your comment.

" that will never work until the junta apologists here and that include you and the establishment accept an elected government. This anti-democracy group and that include you are too insecure to belong in a democracy. They need to hear the people expression".

Nice play on words but I don't vote and neither can you. [emoji15]

You probably don't reside here or live under a rock or you would know that thais refuse to acknowledge and accept a democratically elected government.

They either need a North Korean style dictatorship or preferably a mild non violent junta.

OR.. Civil War to sort it all out

The last 100 years of democracy have not worked..

19 minutes ago, cunningstunt said:

Nice play on words but I don't vote and neither can you. emoji15.png

You probably don't reside here or live under a rock or you would know that thais refuse to acknowledge and accept a democratically elected government.

They either need a North Korean style dictatorship or preferably a mild non violent junta.

OR.. Civil War to sort it all out

The last 100 years of democracy have not worked..

You sure know how to humour yourself. I have reside here over 10 years and my immediate family vote and does that in all elections. 

You said that Thais refuse an democratically elected government and that's straightly your myopic personal feeling. Then explain as to why recent elections turnout have been all above 60% and in some provinces above 90%. That's a clear enough expression from the people that they want their elected leaders; not an unelected government that came to office via a coup.

You don't seem to know much about Thailand and even have the years of democracy wrong. 100 years!!! you got to be kidding. Does the current missing plague give you some clue? There are more coup unelected governments than elected and have not worked.

Thailand is now a country full of fear and a police state. No one can speak freely and the junta uses the law at their discretion to lock up dissent. There are deaths in the cells. There may be civil war and that will probably due to the oppression of people by the junta.  

You sure know how to humour yourself. I have reside here over 10 years and my immediate family vote and does that in all elections. 

You said that Thais refuse an democratically elected government and that's straightly your myopic personal feeling. Then explain as to why recent elections turnout have been all above 60% and in some provinces above 90%. That's a clear enough expression from the people that they want their elected leaders; not an unelected government that came to office via a coup.

You don't seem to know much about Thailand and even have the years of democracy wrong. 100 years!!! you got to be kidding. Does the current missing plague give you some clue? There are more coup unelected governments than elected and have not worked.

Thailand is now a country full of fear and a police state. No one can speak freely and the junta uses the law at their discretion to lock up dissent. There are deaths in the cells. There may be civil war and that will probably due to the oppression of people by the junta.  

I'm sorry but don't buy the no can speak freely nonsense. You are posting on an open forum owned by one of the largest newspapers in Thailand for everyone to see!

All the Thais I know are finally happy they have peace in their country.

If there was a coup in the states or oz for example I would be extremely concerned however their citizens understand the meaning of democracy,except maybe for anti trump demonstrators

Ask a thai farmer what is democracy and you will get a blank stare or he may blurt out red shirt.

I'm in favor of the junta in Thailand. They have done more to clean up corruptions than any democratically elected government have!!!

7 minutes ago, cunningstunt said:

I'm sorry but don't buy the no can speak freely nonsense. You are posting on an open forum owned by one of the largest newspapers in Thailand for everyone to see!

All the Thais I know are finally happy they have peace in their country.

If there was a coup in the states or oz for example I would be extremely concerned however their citizens understand the meaning of democracy,except maybe for anti trump demonstrators

Ask a thai farmer what is democracy and you will get a blank stare or he may blurt out red shirt.

I'm in favor of the junta in Thailand. They have done more to clean up corruptions than any democratically elected government have!!!

You are assuming and generalizing too much on behalf of the Thai people. People coming out for election is the best gauge of the feeling that have for elected leaders of their choice. They may not understand the word democracy but they understand the power they have to mandate their leaders through their freedom to choose. That is an universal value.

You like the junta and that's your freedom of choice just like the population choice for elected leaders which has now taken away from them by the coup.

On 4/19/2017 at 2:58 PM, webfact said:

the government was taking into account the views and concerns of people through the Damrongtham complaint centres as well as via social media.

Except when it concerns the mysterious removal and replacement of a certain historical plaque on government property. Then it's "shutup" or face arrest.