Exclusive - Putin-linked think tank drew up plan to sway 2016 U.S. election: documents

webfact

On 4/22/2017 at 8:10 AM, boomerangutang said:

Trump was reading articles directly from Sputnik (the Kremlin's official newspaper) during his campaign stump speeches.

Can you kindly point out you at those rallies looking over President Trump's shoulder at what he was reading?

6 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So, he was reading from a Blumenthal email (as he claimed) that included a story written for Newsweek by Eichenwald that the Russian web-site, Sputnik copied also and this leads you all the way around to "Trump was reading articles directly from Sputnik (the Kremlin's official newspaper)" which it's not, it's only a web-site. 

Is there no limit to the reach you Trump-haters will try to go to just to make something up? :whistling:

26 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

So, he was reading from a Blumenthal email (as he claimed) that included a story written for Newsweek by Eichenwald that the Russian web-site, Sputnik copied also and this leads you all the way around to "Trump was reading articles directly from Sputnik (the Kremlin's official newspaper)" which it's not, it's only a web-site. 

Is there no limit to the reach you Trump-haters will try to go to just to make something up? :whistling:

You mean, because it's a Kremlin propaganda outlet in the form of a website, instead of a newspaper, that makes a significant difference?

24 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You mean, because it's a Kremlin propaganda outlet in the form of a website, instead of a newspaper, that makes a significant difference?

No, I mean he was reading an email as he said he was and YOU found a way to make it sound like he was reading from a Russian news source when he was quoting Americans.

At 1st, I thought it may have been a joke like the email joke headline for the Washington Post after he won the election that said: Real Estate Mogul Donald Trump Throws Black Family Out and showed a picture of the white house and the Obamas. Now I just find it sad to think you actually believe it.

3 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

No, I mean he was reading an email as he said he was and YOU found a way to make it sound like he was reading from a Russian news source when he was quoting Americans.

At 1st, I thought it may have been a joke like the email joke headline for the Washington Post after he won the election that said: Real Estate Mogul Donald Trump Throws Black Family Out and showed a picture of the white house and the Obamas. Now I just find it sad to think you actually believe it.

No, he wasn't reading an email from Americans. He was reading that Sidney Blumenthad said those things when in fact it was Sidney Blumenthal quoting an American journalist. Sputnik misreported it and somehow that falsehood found its way to Trump. 

14 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

No, he wasn't reading an email from Americans. He was reading that Sidney Blumenthad said those things when in fact it was Sidney Blumenthal quoting an American journalist. Sputnik misreported it and somehow that falsehood found its way to Trump. 

You should go back and reread your link - it clearly states that he was reading an email from Blumenthad that was hacked from the DNC and released by Wikileaks.

I'll save you the search: "The Blumenthal email containing the Eichenwald story was posted by WikiLeaks, and apparently hacked from Clinton campaign manager John Podesta's account."

Edited by mrwebb8825

2 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

You should go back and reread your link - it clearly states that he was reading an email from Blumenthad that was hacked from the DNC and released by Wikileaks.

I'll save you the search: "The Blumenthal email containing the Eichenwald story was posted by WikiLeaks, and apparently hacked from Clinton campaign manager John Podesta's account."

It's true that the original email was posted by wikileaks. And in that posting it was clear that Blumenthal was quoting a reporter.  But Sputnik misreported it as what Blumenthal himself had said. And it was that false version of the email that Trump cited.

From my reading of the initial post, it does not implicate Trump or his cronies. Instead the Ruskies believed that a Trump win would destabilise the US while noting that it would be easier to deal with/work with Trump and Republicans rather than Clinton and Democrats. The fact that Trump then quoted Russian propaganda to bolster his anti Clinton rants worked. I do not see any direct evidence that Trump colluded directly with the Ruskies. Rather,  I see that Trump and rust belt US citizens were duped and continue to be duped. 

Just as an aside, Trump is now the President of USA. That is a fact and even I, an Aussie who could not believe that any sane person would vote for him still believe he should be shown the respect due to his office. The Republicans blocked most of the initiatives of the former government. Just maybe, perhaps even, if the current opposition could work with the Republicans to influence a better US, a stronger clear headed US, then the US and the world may be a better place to live in. 

But then again, a few of my pigs have been getting friendly with my ducks. Looking for wings perhaps.