Pay rate thesis/essay grammar check

• 1 year later...

I have been considering doing this for a while but don't know where to begin. I have a degree from Caltech, and would be very interested in helping to proofread scientific papers, particularly physics and mathematics, before they get published. I have some time right now and need some extra money.

Does anyone have a recommendation on what I should do and where I should go to try and get involved in this?

30 minutes ago, Monomial said:

I have been considering doing this for a while but don't know where to begin. I have a degree from Caltech, and would be very interested in helping to proofread scientific papers, particularly physics and mathematics, before they get published. I have some time right now and need some extra money.

Does anyone have a recommendation on what I should do and where I should go to try and get involved in this?

You could try the IET in the UK. I believe they are always asking for reviewers of papers

On 4/22/2017 at 1:27 PM, stubuzz said:

1000bt a page to check grammar and spelling.

The last thesis I checked was 297 pages, do you honestly think that someone will pay nearly 300k for a check?

One of the Thai professors at my uni charges about 15k per thesis.

I think you really need to get a look at the raw copy and get a feel for it first, rather than say 'so much per page' or 'so much for word'. It can range from basically coherent and just in need of a grammatical touch-up to mind-numbing incoherence.

I have been doing this for extra income for many years now and have built up a small base of repeat customers for theses, academic papers and the like.

In fact, the extra income made though contacts is one of the few good things to come out of my university teaching stints, which never seem to pay well.

Another factor to consider when giving a cost estimate is how long you have to complete it.

Archived