Court to rule on gruesome murder case against Spanish man

webfact

5 hours ago, thedemon said:

As I recall, the evidence against him was overwhelming and he would surely have been advised that pleading not guilty will likely double the sentence. Well in this case the death penalty instead of life imprisonment.

The guy must be a genuine psychopath.

With your last sentence I think your onto something. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

What I'm saying is, it's hard to plead innocent to murder when you look like most criminals who are already in jail. 

Well it is damn good job he was not an African American, he would has been locked up in his home country years ago if we follow your logic!

24 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

There are bad people in every country in the world But what happened to the girl? Anybody know? If he is guilty life sentence will be good  I think if i got life sentence in a Thai Jail i sooner be executed

The news story says she gave evidence against him so possibly nothing will happen to the girl.

But I don't know that. Just guessing.

5 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

Yes, I know that he can't get "laser removal" before going to court. And yes I know that he will probably never get them removed, and I know that it is his right to have as many tattoos as he want.

What I'm saying is, it's hard to plead innocent to murder when you look like most criminals who are already in jail. Tattoos have nothing to do with the case, but how often do you see perfect law-abiding citizens who work respectable jobs covered in tattoos like that?

Just my thoughts. Maybe he's innocent. Jesus, you guys have to stop taking every sentence a member says and using it to trash them.

I see decent law abiding citizens everyday with tattoos. Do you want me to make you an apoitment at specsavers

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Maybe he should have had a manicure and some teeth whitening treatment as well. What a load of rubbish. It makes no difference what the guy looks like as justice is meant to be blind and without prejudice, it`s whether he is guilty as changed what this case is all about.

But in my opinion he is as guilty as sin. Can`t imagine the torment his victim must have went through. If they do execute him, I hope it`s as slow and painful as his victim suffered.

Justice is never without some prejudice, impressions are formed in the first 5 seconds of meeting someone according to studies done. If it was all about justice there would be fewer blacks in prison in the USA than white men considering their proportion in the population, he's black,he did it. How you present yourself to the world on the outside has some bearing on your inner workings. He seems to be a bible bashing nutter.

5 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

...yawn...  tatts again...

Me, covered in 'em...

And?

Of course it doesn't mean anything much to the wearer but there is still a certain stigma associated with tattoos, usually based on the assumption of criminality or , at the very least, an anti-social posture. Not saying it's right, just saying it's the way it is. It might change with the trendy types embracing tattoos, Angelica Jolie and the like.

But this guy chose body art to an extreme. His choice but it's inevitable that he will be judged for it in the context of the criminal conviction ( " you only had to look at him to know he's up to no good"....whereas put him in a collar and tie and he would look like a librarian).

The tattoo he has, presumably Angkor, reminds me of those in that Japanese movie ( the title of which I forget) about a woman killing her BF to skin him for his tatt. I vaguely recall the penis being lopped off as well ( maybe not, I was trying to look away from the screen). Scary.

8 hours ago, rainwater said:

Why are you trying to tell people what they should believe 

8 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

he isn't, he is pointing out that people are innocent until proven guilty - I know, such a crazy whacked our concept :shock1:

The facts are:  You are guilty when you are guilt..................

BUT........... when you are found guilty (by a court) then you can be imprisoned and punished by the law....

CORRECT ME if I am WRONG............ But before you do correct me, re-read my comment a few times till you understand it............Then try to correct me IF you still want to..............

8 hours ago, thedemon said:

As I recall, the evidence against him was overwhelming and he would surely have been advised that pleading not guilty will likely double the sentence. Well in this case the death penalty instead of life imprisonment.

The guy must be a genuine psychopath.

Going by many of the replies his guilt is made worse by the fact he has tattoos and maybe, just maybe a thai national was involved .

Whatever country these despicable acts took place in is irrelevant. The guilty party needs locking away for a long long time.

People need to stop making this all about the thai justicr system, thai police force, alleged thai traits and all the other thai bashing hogwash that the usual suspects keep churning out.

Beats me why all these moaners left their countries if thailand is so bad.

Sad old gits. 

14 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

I have not seen a Spanish BIBLE but it is very possible that the 'Spanish' refer ot translate LUKE as LUCAS............

They do. That's what I meant.

Though the ''he's from Barcelona'' quote from Soalbundy is pretty funny.

1 hour ago, SiamBeast said:

I don't see in what way "life imprisonement" is a reduction from "death penalty". As far as I know, a life sentence is a slow death penalty. Your hopes of ever seeing the outside world again are extremely slim.

As far as I know, most foreigners sentenced to life imprisonment in Thailand do get out eventually. There are remissions for good behaviour and some are also granted on the King's birthday. I don't know what life really means in terms of years actually incarcerated but I think in the range of 20-25.

Also, many countries (incl. Spain) have bilateral prisoner transfer treaties with Thailand so that after serving a certain portion of their sentence, they will be transferred home to serve out the balance.

On the other hand, when someone is sentenced to death in Thailand, the sentence is automatically appealed to a higher court, even if the defendant doesn't want it. If the death sentence is upheld by the appeals court then the corrections department automatically starts the process of applying for a Royal pardon and even if that application fails, the prisoner may still eventually benefit from a general pardon. The result is that the vast majority of people that are sentenced to death have their sentences commuted to life imprisonment. 

In any case in the last few decades very few foreigners have been executed in Thailand and, as far as I am aware, no westerners have been.

So judging by history, this psycho will likely eventually have his death sentence commuted to life imprisonment and be transferred back to Spain some years after that.

But because the appeals will take years and years, he would have been considerably better off with a life sentence to begin with. Had he plead guilty that is quite likely what he would have got.

4 minutes ago, thedemon said:

As far as I know, most foreigners sentenced to life imprisonment in Thailand do get out eventually. There are remissions for good behaviour and some are also granted on the King's birthday. I don't know what life really means in terms of years actually incarcerated but I think in the range of 20-25.

Also, many countries (incl. Spain) have bilateral prisoner transfer treaties with Thailand so that after serving a certain portion of their sentence, they will be transferred home to serve out the balance.

On the other hand, when someone is sentenced to death in Thailand, the sentence is automatically appealed to a higher court, even if the defendant doesn't want it. If the death sentence is upheld by the appeals court then the corrections department automatically starts the process of applying for a Royal pardon and even if that application fails, the prisoner may still eventually benefit from a general pardon. The result is that the vast majority of people that are sentenced to death have their sentences commuted to life imprisonment. 

In any case in the last few decades very few foreigners have been executed in Thailand and, as far as I am aware, no westerners have been.

So judging by history, this psycho will likely eventually have his death sentence commuted to life imprisonment and be transferred back to Spain some years after that.

But because the appeals will take years and years, he would have been considerably better off with a life sentence to begin with. Had he plead guilty that is quite likely what he would have got.

Talking about the Thailand justice system, you're totally right about this. I was mostly talking about "life without parole" sentences, for example, the ones commonly handed to top criminals in the US. When it comes to Thailand, most prisoners live in hope of a royal pardon every year.

13 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

So what do you suggest? May'be lazer removal whilst on remand or perhaps, despite your protestations you are in fact judging him based on his "ink".

Then again, there's a whole lot of research that shows that heavily tattooed males are more prone to criminality and deviance than non-tattooed males. People with one or two small tattoos are no different from the rest of the population, but you start seeing a fairly strong correlation as the number and size of tattoos increases beyond that. [You just need to go inside a prison to see for yourself]. Of course, that doesn't mean that every heavily tattooed person is a criminal or deviant ... we're only talking in terms of probability.  

14 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

He's now been convicted and sentenced to death.  Lemme guess now it was a kangaroo court, right?  You hate authority so much you feel nothing for the victim and hope the accused is set free.  Check yourself.  A world without authority is a world you don't want.

Don't put words in my mouth!

I just happen to believe in a fair trial.....A world without fair trials is a world we all should not want

18 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

I don't want to judge anyone, but coming to court covered in tattoos when you're the defendent in a criminal case is probably a bad idea.

I don't think he can remove the tattoos...

9 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Of course it doesn't mean anything much to the wearer but there is still a certain stigma associated with tattoos, usually based on the assumption of criminality or , at the very least, an anti-social posture. Not saying it's right, just saying it's the way it is. It might change with the trendy types embracing tattoos, Angelica Jolie and the like.

But this guy chose body art to an extreme. His choice but it's inevitable that he will be judged for it in the context of the criminal conviction ( " you only had to look at him to know he's up to no good"....whereas put him in a collar and tie and he would look like a librarian).

The tattoo he has, presumably Angkor, reminds me of those in that Japanese movie ( the title of which I forget) about a woman killing her BF to skin him for his tatt. I vaguely recall the penis being lopped off as well ( maybe not, I was trying to look away from the screen). Scary.

The movie was called........'feeding the ducks'........starring Mrs Peeking Whin Yuu Sleepzing... 

15 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

Yes, I know that he can't get "laser removal" before going to court. And yes I know that he will probably never get them removed, and I know that it is his right to have as many tattoos as he want.

What I'm saying is, it's hard to plead innocent to murder when you look like most criminals who are already in jail. Tattoos have nothing to do with the case, but how often do you see perfect law-abiding citizens who work respectable jobs covered in tattoos like that?

Just my thoughts. Maybe he's innocent. Jesus, you guys have to stop taking every sentence a member says and using it to trash them.

Then don't be so judgemental about something you know nothing about

20 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

I don't want to judge anyone, but coming to court covered in tattoos when you're the defendent in a criminal case is probably a bad idea.

He's in prison clothes. Guess he should take off the tats. :cheesy: