Beware airline using your credit card details

AlfUK

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Sorry,

I regularly book online as do many others here but even records I have stored or saved in my computer or on an airline website are no good unless I put in the three digit pin code as well when I make the booking.Also, when they are on an airline website, it is usually a load of xxxx's and just the last four numbers.I don't think they have access to full card details.

I cannot actually see her walking into an office and booking a flight using previous details at all. There are too many questions she would have to answer to satisfy the staff if she did not have the physical card,  in all likelihood, which she would be unable to do.

You didn't give a second/ additional card to her, did you, and then cancel it? Sometimes they get through on smaller amounts.

Thanks,   I should just say that it was a debit card.   I am not sure how she booked the flight just surmising.  She may of even phoned to book and pay for a flight.  When we get back on to speaking terms I will ask her how she did it.   It was a small amount so no bank security questions.

6 hours ago, Los Luver said:

I just don't get it

Once I used my girlfriend's card to book a ticket to Los with Qatar airways. No body asked me about anything  !!!!

Edit** perhaps you talk about using a card for booking and then using yours to pay.

I always pay when i make a booking, so the same card.

No, I am talking about booking and paying (otherwise no ticket is issued) at the same time. 

I also had similar with Etihad once. Someone in Abu Dhabi was buying a return ticket for me BKK/AUD/BKK. Normally they bought it through their TA so no problem. But the bosses son was working having just left Uni and thought he's save money by booking on line with his credit card. He spotted the warning/notice and checked with them. He was told exactly the same and advised to use the TA or a corporate card.

I have no idea why your experience was different. If the gap between booking and flying was sufficient for the airline to actually be paid that may be it. Otherwise don't know,

16 hours ago, Los Luver said:

no !! I always book online and direct with the airline company. Never showed my credit card when checking in.

I have, must be carrier dependent.

I think this airline is easy on letting whoever pay for the flights, ie a Thai National with a foreign (Thai) name can make use of a CC that was issued in Europe and is associated with a very much non-Thai name.

Fortunately Western credit cards allow you to dispute a charge if you can do it soon enough, unlike in Thailand where they are quite casual about Lek Simumthanitritumkahburichon using a card in the name of Joe Smith to buy make-up and it says NO-REFUNDS.