Thailand visa VOID / Rejected tourist visa 60 days

On 4/22/2017 at 5:00 AM, ukrules said:

I've heard about some crazy first hand incidents around these parts about immigration sniffing around businesses and instant 'fines' levied against people for minor infringements, one even when they've got a work permit but momentarily give someone else a hand in a different job title.

have heard similar things;  one poster here even indicated that applying the restriction 'anything a thai can do'  makes it illegal for a retiree to fix up their own home, example, paint it; an interpretation not long ago from immigration official said that even volunteer teaching was illegal

2 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

have heard similar things;  one poster here even indicated that applying the restriction 'anything a thai can do'  makes it illegal for a retiree to fix up their own home, example, paint it; an interpretation not long ago from immigration official said that even volunteer teaching was illegal

"Volunteer" anything requires a work-permit. 

The "fix up home" etc depends on your local labor/immigration officials and your neighbors attitudes - but many have reported no problems doing that where they live.  Occasional reports do come in with arrests for trivial things, but there is usually a back-story involving a beef involving someone with connections.  

OTOH, if you are involved in a "business" (say, a bar), and do not have a work-permit, you would be advised not to do anything remotely resembling work - even "meet and greet."

• 1 year later...

I have a applied for non immigrant B visa and then withdraw my application as that organization have no positions for expat left. Passport came with void stamp.. Now i want to  apply tourist visa after 10 days of getting my passport back. 

Is there a possibility that thailand consulate at delhi can deny my tourist visa. As my purpose is tourist now. 

6 minutes ago, Manishrajput said:

I have a applied for non immigrant B visa and then withdraw my application as that organization have no positions for expat left. Passport came with void stamp.. Now i want to  apply tourist visa after 10 days of getting my passport back. 

Is there a possibility that thailand consulate at delhi can deny my tourist visa. As my purpose is tourist now. 

That seems to me very possible. Unfortunately, neither I nor anyone else seems to know what criteria are used when deciding whether to issue Thai tourist visas in India. Good luck, and keep us posted!

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

That seems to me very possible. Unfortunately, neither I nor anyone else seems to know what criteria are used when deciding whether to issue Thai tourist visas in India. Good luck, and keep us posted!

But if they deny then how can I go to Thailand at all, as ther are 2 ways only non immigrant B and tourist both are denied. Then are they denying entry at all to Thailand for me for what reason. 

Edited by Manishrajput

18 minutes ago, Manishrajput said:

But if they deny then how can I go to Thailand at all, as ther are 2 ways only non immigrant B and tourist both are denied. Then are they denying entry at all to Thailand for me for what reason. 

Your only other obvious option would be a short visit using a visa on arrival.

I sympathize with your situation if you are denied. Unfortunately, nationals from the Indian subcontinent not infrequently encounter problems getting Thai visas. I have suggested to others booking a tour through a large travel company that offers tours to Thailand including visa application on your behalf. I would imagine this is more likely to be successful than applying as an individual. I have never heard feedback on whether this was tried and, if so, successful.