Ideas For Xmas?

JCCR6

I know its not far away now, but I've still not worked out what I'm doing for Christmas. I've been told it pretty much passes by without much celebration in Bangkok.

Is there a lot more happening down in the holiday resorts, Pattaya or Koh Samet etc?

Also, I like the idea of a BBQ on the beach on Xmas day (not something I've done before as all previous Christmas days have been spent with the family in the UK), are there any rules about BBQ's on the beach etc?

Thanks in advance.

ideas for xmas??. i will be completely ignoring it as usual and hoping i dont have to put up with xmas carols while out of the house. im not religious ,neither do i get off on rampant commercial bullshit,so thailand is the place to be ,a normal day when i can still go to the market. although i fear it is starting to creep in here ,as is halloween .the rampant americanisation of the world continues :o

Most of us who have lived here for a long time forget about Western holidays and only celebrate Thai ones, however, Christmas and Thanksgiving means lots of good food which we are more than willing to consume! :D

i will never complain about good food !! but i eat well every day ,dont need an excuse .perhaps that is why im expanding like i am :o

ideas for xmas??. i will be completely ignoring it as usual and hoping i dont have to put up with xmas carols while out of the house. im not religious ,neither do i get off on rampant commercial bullshit,so thailand is the place to be ,a normal day when i can still go to the market. although i fear it is starting to creep in here ,as is halloween .the rampant americanisation of the world continues :o

BAH HUMBUG!!!!

Most hotels have a Christmas function or promotion for the family scene. What I suggest you do is pickup some milk formula, pampers and small toys and take them to one of the children foundtions. They really could use a like majic this time of year. Share for a change and give the biggest gift of all love and care for the needy.

I understand that "The Winking Frog" ( Sukhumvit Soi 7) will sponsor about 20-30 needy kids with a meal and father Christmas. Go and give them a hand. Lot of fun and a nice meal with the kids.

A few people who would like to share a Christmas with you.

Merry Christmas.

:o

Edited by ilyushin

Get extremely drunk on beer and vodka, dance around like a loony, throw up, drink more, tell my best friends that I love them and all those people I despise what a bunch of ###### they are, throw up, drink some more, tell my GF for the hundreth time how much I love her then get caught in a clinch with her sister/aunt/mum, get a slap, throw up, cry, drink some more, try to make it up with GF, give up, drink some more, get naked, try to go skinny dipping, tell everybody how sorry I am as they help me back into my clothes, drink some more, tell my GF I promise to behave, get into a speed drinking competition with the die hard drinkers, throw up, drink some more, swing from the rafters singing jingle bells, throw up, drink some more, cry, laugh, scream and shout, wish everybody a merry xmas and pass out, wake up on Xmas day and don't remember a thing.

Just another quiet Xmas really. :o

Edited by Robski

BAH HUMBUG!!!!

Told the missus Santa had been refused his work permit this year and was on his last 30 day stamp, so would not be calling this year.

Well sod it. Having gout now I can not have a drink, so why should anyone else enjoy themselves? :o

No bah humbug here...with two kids it has been a two week santa countdown. Tomorrow haveing 10 adults (50/50 Thai farang) and 3 kids for christmas dinner. 18lb turkey waiting to be cooked by barbeque...All sorts of booze...I'm ready...

Also, I like the idea of a BBQ on the beach on Xmas day (not something I've done before as all previous Christmas days have been spent with the family in the UK), are there any rules about BBQ's on the beach etc?

I doubt that there's any rules for bbqs on the beach. Sounds like fun - have a good one and merry christmas. I'm going to Ubonrat Dam near Khon Kaen, I think for a good meal. Thinking of taking my daughter to church tomorrow to let her see what it's all about. Haven't been to one of them for f'years.

Neeranam don't confuse the poor kid with religion. Christmas is for western consumerism and a festival of presents for the kids.

The religious significance started to fade when the church swapped the anniversary of the the birth of Christ (September-ish) for the pagan mid winter festival.

This is all said as I try to wrap a bunch or presents and try to fill a stocking my son has carefully left over the fireplace. It is still over 28C at 11:10pm in Perth WA, so the images of snow and rain deer are a little naff here.

I always said I would have a BBQ on the beach. Have been here for 3 years and always go to a restaraunt in Samui and have a traditional Christmas dinner plus a few red wines. Tried to explain to the kids about Santa.

Dont think they believe me.

Always hated New Year will be in bed by 10.00.

Get extremely drunk on beer and vodka, dance around like a loony, throw up, drink more, tell my best friends that I love them and all those people I despise what a bunch of ###### they are, throw up, drink some more, tell my GF for the hundreth time how much I love her then get caught in a clinch with her sister/aunt/mum, get a slap, throw up, cry, drink some more, try to make it up with GF, give up, drink some more, get naked, try to go skinny dipping, tell everybody how sorry I am as they help me back into my clothes, drink some more, tell my GF I promise to behave, get into a speed drinking competition with the die hard drinkers, throw up, drink some more, swing from the rafters singing jingle bells, throw up, drink some more, cry, laugh, scream and shout, wish everybody a merry xmas and pass out, wake up on Xmas day and don't remember a thing.

Just another quiet Xmas really. :o

lol

Much as people like to rant about the Americans. I don't think you can credit them with inventing and spreading Christmas and Halloween!!

I always wished the people who professed to hate christmas would work the unpopular shifts and days around christmas. They don't though, they moan about it but want the holiday and extended break as we all do.

Happy holidays my ass. Merry christmas or bah humbug... up to you!