Aluminium or PVC ??

thequietman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, canopy said:

Easy. Good windows have a 5 or 10 year guarantee on color.

As I will never trust any guarantee in Thailand, I still prefer to find someone having the windows for 10 years who could confirm the quality.

Does not seem wise to entirely base your decision by asking someone you have never met before and don't know their motivations for suggestions. And even if you do get genuine comments, there could be different climactic conditions that may not apply to your case such as, but not limited to sun angle and shade. If you get good windows, they come with a good warranty. If it's in writing I don't see how it could go wrong. There are excellent consumer protection laws in Thailand. And no company is going to put a 10 year warranty and their good name on windows that yellow in a short amount of time.

The company I chose for windows has a 10 year warranty on color. I told them point blank that if after 9 years there might be any discoloration not to sell me their windows because I would demand all of them replaced. They in turn said they have never had a claim on color.

18 minutes ago, canopy said:

If you get good windows, they come with a good warranty. If it's in writing I don't see how it could go wrong. There are excellent consumer protection laws in Thailand. And no company is going to put a 10 year warranty and their good name on windows that yellow in a short amount of time.

Where is this Thailand that you live in?

image.png.2171c55ed97bed584be667fea72583e7.png

• 5 months later...
On 10/1/2017 at 1:01 PM, avvocato said:

OK now I am in the market for retractable (or hidden) insect screens.  The windows are special fabricated and not off the shelf and are large sliding windows filling in from 280cmX180cm on the high side to 160cmX180cm on the smaller side. Where do I start looking? If they have to be fabricated so be it. Looking for some options in Khon Kaen (or Isaan). Thanks.

On 10/1/2017 at 6:34 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

These are available, mine came from BKK but I've seen them locally. I've got them on the big windows 3.3  x 1.4 meters and doors 2.2 x 2 metres 

IMG_7604.JPG.76e73e4647bdbc4decebbcb4e70bc8f3.JPGIMG_5420.JPG.7c2d2dc39f74ec648f429a3affa35bed.JPG

Less conspicuous but they might not be so suitable are these

IMG_7603.JPG.5ef75e957717836e84bc9b83b2750f2d.JPGIMG_1720.JPG.effbd12f32f68130837acacd0b5ff460.JPG 

I'm in Bkk.   Just to give you a price comparison, I've got an independent guy over on Suk Soi 71 quoting me 10,000 for three windows and one sliding door.   Includes 2 windows 145cm x 67cm, one window 145cm x 111cm, and the slider is 153cm x 235cm.   Seems really reasonable and I've got those push out windows so I need to be able to retract the screen to get to the window.   

Archived