American Airlines' employee suspended after row with passengers

rooster59

Without seeing the actual incident its impossible to know the 'truth'.

The woman seemed to be 'putting on the agony' (to put it mildly...)/the flight attendant happy to get aggressive/the female passenger was taking care of the 'victim', so perhaps saw what happened - whereas the male passenger didn't seem to be in a position to see the incident?

8 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Strollers are expensive.

She may well have been under the impression she wasn't getting it back.

She may have been in shock after being assaulted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt she was stupid enough to think she wasn't getting the stroller back...

She appeared to be milking it for everything it was worth to me, as opposed to being in shock.

But then again, its also possible/likely that the flight attendant was very aggressive and hit the woman with the stroller in his determination to take no more 'crap' from a passenger that had annoyed him.

Guarantee you if this had been an Arabian, Asian or Cathay flight and (a few other carriers I have not flown them all) no tears, no fight, no loud voices -- no problem. The flight attendant would have been professional and solved the issue without making the woman and child and other passengers upset or nervous. 

As to the poster who feels for the airline crew I understand your point and some passengers are rude. But try flying 125,000 miles a year for numerous years and the most miserable people on the planet you encounter are the American Airlines flight attendants, gate agents, baggage claim personnel etc.....

Only reason to fly AA are free upgrades sometimes and direct flights to many cities especially Dallas.  

11 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Guarantee you if this had been an Arabian, Asian or Cathay flight and (a few other carriers I have not flown them all) no tears, no fight, no loud voices -- no problem. The flight attendant would have been professional and solved the issue without making the woman and child and other passengers upset or nervous. 

As to the poster who feels for the airline crew I understand your point and some passengers are rude. But try flying 125,000 miles a year for numerous years and the most miserable people on the planet you encounter are the American Airlines flight attendants, gate agents, baggage claim personnel etc.....

Only reason to fly AA are free upgrades sometimes and direct flights to many cities especially Dallas.  

You can only guarantee that you have seen no problems on Arabian, Asian etc. flights - doesn't mean there weren't any problems.

I was very annoyed when a Thai Air flight gave my previously booked vegetarian meal to someone else - because a passenger put their hand up and claimed they were one of the vegetarian passengers....  Admittedly a long time ago, but I was very annoyed and had a bad-tempered exchange (on both sides) with the flight attendant.

Edited by dick dasterdly

12 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

And when it comes to baggage personnel, the worst (in my experience) are the Egyptians.

Returning on a home flight they demanded a small amount to take care of our baggage.  Only one person in our 'group' refused to pay and, amazingly his luggage was 'lost' when we arrived :laugh:!

50 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

She appeared to be milking it for everything it was worth to me, as opposed to being in shock.

It doesn't look like that to me. Travelling with a small child can be extremely stressful at the best of times. But she's managing twins and appears to be on her own with them as well. I really can't understand the idea that she's 'milking it'. 

9 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It doesn't look like that to me. Travelling with a small child can be extremely stressful at the best of times. But she's managing twins and appears to be on her own with them as well. I really can't understand the idea that she's 'milking it'. 

My personal view of her behaviour, and obviously I could be wrong.

The crying looked fake (to me) and, she went on and on.... edit - about her stroller being moved elsewhere.  Really??!!

Edited by dick dasterdly

19 hours ago, blazes said:

Since when has it been permissible to haul a stroller on board an aircraft???

Why is this awful woman waxing hysterical cos of a stroller?    AND  she is upgraded to first class!!!!

How stupid of American Airlines.

This kind of puerile incident only encourages other whiners and moaners and hysterics to foment a problem, however minor, trying the patience of the flight attendants whose job these days is, quite frankly, the sh!ts.

This general sense of "entitlement" is spreading like a hideous cancer throughout society.  

And you would be just tickety-boo had your daughter/granddaughter almost been bashed by the heavy-handedness of airline staff? Folk a too quick to pass judgement from afar.

At the end of the day, postulating on the woman's behaviour is academic as her behaviour in this case is irrelevant, the member of staff had no right to get so aggressive with anyone. Simple. customer service and customer interaction 101. There was no excuse.

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

You can only guarantee that you have seen no problems on Arabian, Asian etc. flights - doesn't mean there weren't any problems.

<SNIP>

Yes indeed.

Had a GF years ago who became a flight attendant on a Gulf airline after I met her.  She was a gentle flower, had to grow thick skin very quickly.  Started intra-Gulf short flights, as they do, then medium hauls headed East (India/Bangladesh).  She would get home and unload on me with stories that made me laugh and/or cry for her.  She became like her colleagues with that jaded "work/confrontation" protection mode, because there's typically one freeze dried <deleted> in every batch - just add whiskey, stir gently and Voilà!

She finally got qualified on the 767 (at the time) and started European runs.  Her post-trip disposition was so much better but there were some appalling stories nonetheless.

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

And you would be just tickety-boo had your daughter/granddaughter almost been bashed by the heavy-handedness of airline staff? Folk a too quick to pass judgement from afar.

IF indeed some female member of my family had suffered this little misfortune, I would hope they would show a bit more dignity than this "woe-is-me-I-want-my-stroller woman, and if I were actually there, I would hasten to tell her to shut the freak up and remember the other passengers. 

This woman is a classic narcissist. 

22 hours ago, blazes said:

You're quite right....I have no sympathy (or empathy) for this whining woman who has no dignity whatsoever.  I can't imagine a woman of 40 or 50 years ago bawling like this when some little thing in her life goes wrong.  Imagine if she  had to deal with bombs dropping in WW2 London or 1970s Hanoi.

Let me know (no, don't ) why we should cut this woman a special deal...

The weeping and wailing only starts when she believes it's to her advantage, then stops, starts again. Looks like a fraud to me. 

Whatever occurred the gate agent came on the plane and started an attack to a comment (from the one guy who stood up to this brute) should have just ignored it. Provoking violence shows the attitude of this agent. If he is not fired he should be sent down to the tarmac to abuse luggage with the crooks down there. More suited to his personality.

(Also notice in these videos there is always one pasty guy who won't get involved).

23 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

And when it comes to baggage personnel, the worst (in my experience) are the Egyptians.

Returning on a home flight they demanded a small amount to take care of our baggage.  Only one person in our 'group' refused to pay and, amazingly his luggage was 'lost' when we arrived :laugh:!

I did not mean to include Egypt air or Iraq Air or Alfghan Air or some Arab country in chaos. People who fly a lot internationally know exactly the Arabian carriers I am referring to. And yes I can guarantee you they would have handled this professionally and are the one reason many international travelers from Dallas Texas are now choosing the Arabian carriers or they are flying  to California to continue their flight to Asia on Cathay Pacific. I deeply want AA to be successful but I have heard enough of their gripes and rudeness and confrontational attitude to last a lifetime.  

On 4/23/2017 at 1:59 PM, Wake Up said:

2 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I did not mean to include Egypt air or Iraq Air or Alfghan Air or some Arab country in chaos. People who fly a lot internationally know exactly the Arabian carriers I am referring to. And yes I can guarantee you they would have handled this professionally and are the one reason many international travelers from Dallas Texas are now choosing the Arabian carriers or they are flying  to California to continue their flight to Asia on Cathay Pacific. I deeply want AA to be successful but I have heard enough of their gripes and rudeness and confrontational attitude to last a lifetime.  

I've already pointed out an incident handled badly by Thai Air (Asian airline), and the lost baggage incident was LONG before the current problems.  It was the baggage handlers in Egypt that caused the problem - not any airline.

Having said this, I know what you mean as decades ago I realised that when possible, Emirates was the best bet when it came to airlines.  Not only reasonably sized seats in 'cattle class', but also good service and less chance of being blown up by a suicide bomber :laugh:!

On 4/22/2017 at 3:52 PM, blazes said:

You're quite right....I have no sympathy (or empathy) for this whining woman who has no dignity whatsoever.  I can't imagine a woman of 40 or 50 years ago bawling like this when some little thing in her life goes wrong.  Imagine if she  had to deal with bombs dropping in WW2 London or 1970s Hanoi.

Let me know (no, don't ) why we should cut this woman a special deal...

Well, I'm guessing you weren't on the flight, were you? And the video doesn't show the start of this.

Unlike you, Mr. Blaming-the -victim, I'd go with the other passengers who witnessed the whole thing from start to finish (and I recommend to you to just keep your mouth shut). The fact that the FA was pulled off duty also points to the fact that AA feels that he crossed the line.

Two alleged first-hand witness accounts:

'The flight attendant told her she could not have the stroller on the plane and he needs to take it. She refused to let him take it and was to the near point of shouting.'

more: https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/66tsg9/according_to_an_american_airlines_passenger_a/

"I was also on this flight, the lady had been told at a previous gate(her statement when he was telling her she needed to check it) she could bring on as carry on"

more: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/66skqs/american_airlines_dfw_flight_attendant_violently/dglqjco/

So, the 2nd comment points to an error in communication.

So far no denial that FA behaved improperly and did indeed try to hit her with the buggy/stroller, leading to the confrontation with the male passenger as seen in the clip.