Multiple O extension

I have a multiple O visum for retirement until 26 of juli 2017. Im going to Europe 10 pf may and come back to Thailand 20 juli 2017. I supose i get another 90 days by entering Thailand. My question is , can i go for an extension then before the end of this 90 days? It will be in Jomtien and i will have all the requierements. Thanks in advance.

Marcel .

26 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

I thought you would only get 6 days when you arrive on July 20th as your visa expires on July 26th. That would give you 6 days to get the renewal and another 90 days.
Can anyone confirm this as my situation is similar.

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa from a embassy or consulate it allows a 90 day entry for every entry up to the the enter before date on the visa.

The enter before date is just that it does not limit the amount of time you can be in the country.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa from a embassy or consulate it allows a 90 day entry for every entry up to the the enter before date on the visa.

The enter before date is just that it does not limit the amount of time you can be in the country.

Thanks for that. Looking at my last 90 day report receipt I see what you are saying.
I assume if I want to extend my Non Imm visa I would still need to do that before it expired even though I would still be in the country legally based on the 90 day entry. Can you comment on that please?

4 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

Thanks for that. Looking at my last 90 day report receipt I see what you are saying.
I assume if I want to extend my Non Imm visa I would still need to do that before it expired even though I would still be in the country legally based on the 90 day entry. Can you comment on that please?

You do not extend visas. You extend your permission to stay. The enter before date on your visa, as already explained, has no effect on the number of days granted on entry, or when you must do an extension. You apply for the extension during the last 30 days of your 90-day entry.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

Surely if you are doing 90 day reports you have already extended your stay?

Visa runs up to 5 June 2017. Last 90 day report was made on 10th April. The paper they put in my passport states visa expires 5 June 2017 in written hand and a stamp stating "This is not an extension of stay. Please notify your address again on 8 July 2017". 
From the answers above I can stay for the full 90 days and then leave before 8th July.
If I stay in Thailand the full 90 days up to 8th July I can still extend my existing Non Imm Visa for another year.

I assume if I do not extend my visa before 5th June and leave the country after that date it will expire and I will have to apply for a new Non Imm Visa. This is what I will be doing and in my experience applying for a new visa is a lot more hassle than extending an existing one.
I will also be leaving at the end of May which is not within the last 30 days of my latest of my latest 90 day extension. I hope to extend the Visa for another year before I leave. 
Will let you know how I get on.

Edited by Geordie59

13 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Visa runs up to 5 June 2017. Last 90 day report was made on 10th April. The paper they put in my passport states visa expires 5 June 2017 in written hand and a stamp stating "This is not an extension of stay. Please notify your address again on 8 July 2017". 
From the answers above I can stay for the full 90 days and then leave before 8th July.
If I stay in Thailand the full 90 days up to 8th July I can still extend my existing Non Imm Visa for another year.

I assume if I do not extend my visa before 5th June and leave the country after that date it will expire and I will have to apply for a new Non Imm Visa. This is what I will be doing and in my experience applying for a new visa is a lot more hassle than extending an existing one.
I will also be leaving at the end of May which is not within the last 30 days of my latest of my latest 90 day extension. I hope to extend the Visa for another year before I leave. 

90 Day extension, what do you mean by this??

To ascertain how much longer that you can stay in Thailand for, then you need to find the last entry stamp in to Thailand and see when that permits you to stay to, the date will be stamped on this.

What date did you enter Thailand last?

The 8th July 2017 date appears to be the 90 day report due date?

If you are on a ME non O visa, then in theory you must have been departing the country every 90 days and therefore have not been required to do the 90 day reporting, unless you did go to immigration and extend one of the entries?

So long as you depart and re-enter before the use by date of the visa (5th June 2017?) then you will get another 90 days upon entry.

Do not confuse 90 day reporting with extensions.

On what basis will you extend for another year, marriage or retirement?

1 hour ago, Geordie59 said:

It appears as though you are confused between:

• visa
  • permission to stay
  • extension of permission to stay
  • address reporting

You need to make sure you understand the difference between all of these, or you are going to end up in trouble.

If I am interpreting your confusing posts correctly, I believe

• You are in Thailand currently on an extension of permission to stay that was granted at an immigration office inside Thailand. That extension expires on 5 June 2017.
  • You must apply for a new extension of stay sometime between 6 May 2017 and 5 June 2017, or leave the country before 5 June 2017, and apply for a visa at a consulate outside Thailand (you currently do not have a valid unexpired visa).
  • If you apply for a new extension of stay, and do not leave the country before then, you need to report your address to immigration around 8 July 2017. Immigration was kind to you in emphasizing that your last address report had nothing to do with your permission to stay.

Thanks for the info guys. Just back from immigration on another matter.
My Non Imm Visa based on retirement and issued at Jomtien expires 5th June.
Last 90 day report was done 10th April.
I plan to leave Thailand 23rd May and return early July.
They told me I need to extend my Non Imm Visa within 30 days of it expiring i.e. on or after 6th May. This should only take 1-2 days with a further 1-2 days to make it Multi Entry.
It means a few trips to Jomtien but looks like I am sorted.

1 hour ago, Geordie59 said:

Thanks for the info guys. Just back from immigration on another matter.
Last 90 day report was done 10th April.
I plan to leave Thailand 23rd May and return early July.
They told me I need to extend my Non Imm Visa within 30 days of it expiring i.e. on or after 6th May. This should only take 1-2 days with a further 1-2 days to make it Multi Entry.
It means a few trips to Jomtien but looks like I am sorted.

Once again, I really do advise you to become clear in your mind on the differences between visapermission to stay, and extension. It seems as though in the short term you are doing the right thing: applying for an extension of stay after 6 May 2017 and before you leave on 23 May 2017. The "making it multi entry" is actually the process of getting a multiple entry reentry permit to keep your permission to stay intact when you leave and reenter the country. The trouble with muddling through, not really understanding what is happening, is that there is great scope for messing up in the future if dealing with immigration officials who are not as helpful in holding your hand through the process.

3 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

you received a one year extension of your permission to stay stamp, not visa, your actual visa the stamp/sticker issued by an embassy/consulate outside of Thailand ( or within Thailand as part of a conversion process) is long ago expired and is no more.

Edited by steve187