Anusorn to be warned for knocking on the head of a waiter with his knuckles

webfact

Anusorn to be warned for knocking on the head of a waiter with his knuckles

24040021.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Reform Steering Assembly (NRSA) has found an assemblyman guilty of “not serious” breach of ethical conduct for using his knuckles to knock on the head of a waiter and decided to serve him a warning.

The NRSA spent about four hours debating in closed-door session on the incident in which Mr Anusorn Jirapong, a member of the assembly, used his knuckles to knock on the head of a waiter.

The assemblymen were split in two camps with one camp maintaining that the incident was not serious and that the culprit had already paid the fine to the police while the other camp insisting that members of the NRSA are men of honour and, therefore, they should have higher standard of ethical conduct than ordinary people.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/anusorn-warned-knocking-head-waiter-knuckles/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-25

I don't know, I have seen some dumb and clueless restaurant

workers in my life and even employed some back in the days,

that almost made me want to knock some of the on the head,

but I'm not an assemblyman, or a man of high rank that can

afford himself to do so....

The NRSA spent about four hours debating in closed-door session on the incident in which Mr Anusorn Jirapong, a member of the assembly, used his knuckles to knock on the head of a waiter.

Tax payers money well spent, four hour meeting on reforming how to behave in a restaurant.

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Arrogant politician. Nothing new here.....

He's a lot more than that, he has a very, very, very (in)famous grandfather.

More or less untouchable; seems like this is more of a warning for him to be slightly less public with young women of dubious background and of age equal/less than his grand-daughter.

At least they said something to him.  He might change his ways.  He should get tossed out for that sort of behavior, but instead they discussed if for four hours.  The discussion should have taken less than five minutes.  Given he is an elitist, you must tread lightly. 

Edited by yellowboat

" while the other camp insisting that members of the NRSA are men of honour and, therefore, they should have higher standard of ethical conduct than ordinary people."

I'm glad that they've sorted out the proper division in society.

Just on a side note. This is the day in Oz and NZ where we celebrate what ordinary men and women achieved.

it's pretty obvious we increasingly are in a world with different classes of folks.... pretending that it ain't so is ridiculous.  so when I see this kind of thing.... no problem, maybe even like it because this is the way things are going. and the Little People want to accelerate it... that is what Trump is going to do... that's how Brexit really ends up.. etc.

so why pretend. why make a big stink out of this? it's silly.

we are not at all the same.  and the differences are not getting smaller.

not at all.

forget the silly stuff. want more equality? tell the waiter to learn to read and find a better job. not just "learn" how to be able to read something.. but to ravish books as if they contained lots of alcohol or coffee flavored creamy milk with sugary syrups... or tell him or her to pretend to themselves that they are "making money" by learning something.... try that kind of rant instead of worrying about the "face" stuff.

the face stuff! nonsense.

this is a locale where they can't even find folks who can throw up simple mickey mouse websites that work!

Edited by maewang99

'... members of the NRSA are men of honour ...' Honour and politicians/political appointees: the ultimate oxymoron.

Lucky for him he didn't try rapping his knuckles on the head of a waiter in a country other than Thailand; he might have ended up with a sandwich of them. 

The assemblymen were split in two camps with one camp maintaining that the incident was not serious and that the culprit had already paid the fine to the police while the other camp insisting that members of the NRSA are men of honour and, therefore, they should have higher standard of ethical conduct than ordinary people.

So, in the end they decided that  members of the NRSA are NOT men of honour who should have a higher standard of ethical conduct that ORDINARY people (you know, the PLEBS).  Instead of holding a 4 hour meeting to arrive at that conclusion, they could have just nipped out of the meeting room and asked a few members of the public who happened to be passing by.

An official, especially in his high profile position, I would have thought, would have conducted both his attitude and action in a far more mature and responsible manner.

What right did he have striking the waiter with his knuckles!?

In light of his standing in society I'm personally very glad he may have lost face and made to pay for what he did.

But what if he were military?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect