Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) rolls out enhanced after-sales, assistance programme

Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) rolls out enhanced after-sales, assistance programme

By The Nation

Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) has reinforced its “Best Customer Experience” commitment by revealing its after-sales strategy for 2017

According to the company, an unprecedented after-sales and services experience will attain a whole new level with the enhancement of “Star Assist”, a comprehensive assistance programme that will serve all Mercedes-Benz owners 24 hours a day throughout Thailand.

Newly added are 34 class-leading service vans which will enable Mercedes-Benz authorised dealers to boost their roadside service during their opening hours with service technicians and superb tools, the company said. 

Branded the 24-Hour Service Vito and beginning in May, these service vans will be stationed at all 32 authorised dealers of Mercedes-Benz around the country.

Michael Grewe, president and CEO of Mercedes-Benz (Thailand), said: “Since 2013, we have been implementing our ‘Best Customer Experience’ initiative to consolidate numerous new approaches in marketing, sales and after-sales under a central maxim: offering Mercedes-Benz customers a consistent premium-brand experience whenever they come into contact with Mercedes-Benz. Customers have the legitimate expectation for highly individual and professional care during all their contacts with the brand, its products and services… 

“The after-sales services presented to you today will further enhance quality of service and the brand perception of our customers at all of their touchpoints with the brand.”

Putthi Tulayathun, vice president of after-sales, added: “Based on the ‘Total Offering Mobility’ concept, every unit of the 24-hour Service Van is equipped with necessary service gear and diagnostic tools to provide immediate assistance and cater to the needs of Mercedes-Benz owners in every possible touchpoint.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/automobiles/30313358

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-25

According to Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) a Mercedes-Benz in Thailand is only a Mercedes-Benz sold by Mercedes-Benz (Thailand).

Fortunately for me there are better workshops than the Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) has. The competitors have their computers connected directly to Mercedes-Benz headquarters in Germany. Probably, Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) has realized that their cars are second to the cars manufactured in Germany.

My advice to all is to buy a directly imported Mercedes-Benz from Germany. A good company is NK Benz in Bangkok, which also has a first-class garage.

4 hours ago, Hans Rayong said:

According to Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) a Mercedes-Benz in Thailand is only a Mercedes-Benz sold by Mercedes-Benz (Thailand).

Fortunately for me there are better workshops than the Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) has. The competitors have their computers connected directly to Mercedes-Benz headquarters in Germany. Probably, Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) has realized that their cars are second to the cars manufactured in Germany.

My advice to all is to buy a directly imported Mercedes-Benz from Germany. A good company is NK Benz in Bangkok, which also has a first-class garage.

Why is this? Why would you want a gray market import with no real warranty? Please elaborate. What is better?

10 hours ago, Hans Rayong said:

I always buy my Benz new when they are just launched in Germany and not yet made in Asia, to be sure that they are from Germany. But still, I do not believe that it makes any difference, I just dont like to pay 4/6/8 MB a car that is made by a poor guy paid 10000 thb/month (he should get more). Any evidence that a German car could be better ?

11 hours ago, abab said:

I always buy my Benz new when they are just launched in Germany and not yet made in Asia, to be sure that they are from Germany. But still, I do not believe that it makes any difference, I just dont like to pay 4/6/8 MB a car that is made by a poor guy paid 10000 thb/month (he should get more). Any evidence that a German car could be better ?

The CBU vs CKD discussion. Their assembly factories (BMW, Benz and so on) are of course up to German standards. The chassis, engine etc is all made in Germany. Just a few parts are sourced locally. Normally a CKD is better equipped, as they have lower tax, and they can afford to put more options, and still retain the price. 

I think the workers are paid quite a bit more than 10K a month, as it do require some skill and continuous training. I've had CKD cars, and CBU cars. Seems like the leather looks a bit better in CBU's for some reason. Apart from that, can't see much difference.. 

58 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

The CBU vs CKD discussion. Their assembly factories (BMW, Benz and so on) are of course up to German standards. The chassis, engine etc is all made in Germany. Just a few parts are sourced locally. Normally a CKD is better equipped, as they have lower tax, and they can afford to put more options, and still retain the price. 

I think the workers are paid quite a bit more than 10K a month, as it do require some skill and continuous training. I've had CKD cars, and CBU cars. Seems like the leather looks a bit better in CBU's for some reason. Apart from that, can't see much difference.. 

Any evidence that a German car could be better ?

I looked at the BMW  Active Hybrid 3-Series at the recent Motor Show. They had both the import and the built here.  All that I can say is sitting in the Import Seats ...some difference ... they felt great ... couldn't say the same for the  built here seats. If I was buying I would, on seat comfort alone, pay the extra 500,000thb. Most likely there were other differences but the seats just stuck in my mind.

It's pointless buying a car if the seats don't feel right. 

19 hours ago, mortenaa said:

Why is this? Why would you want a gray market import with no real warranty? Please elaborate. What is better?

I bought mine from a grey dealer with the same warranty as MB Thailand. Most grey dealers offer similar warranty at better price, and moreover the cars they sell usually have better options.

19 hours ago, Sphere said:

I bought mine from a grey dealer with the same warranty as MB Thailand. Most grey dealers offer similar warranty at better price, and moreover the cars they sell usually have better options.

The problem is factory warranty. On a gray market car, its up to the insurance company. There has been a lot of problems with this over the years. If the problem is too big, like a gearbox etc, well.. then you might have a problem. 

I have a friend, which is a BMW dealer here, and usually the cars end up at BMW dealer, and then they have to work out the issues with BMW Thailand. Cars nowadays with hybrid tech etc. I would never risk it.