Challenges filed about legality of submarine purchase

snoop1130

9 hours ago, nong38 said:

I once a submarine ! It came free in a box of cornflakes, you put baking powder in for fuel and rose to the surface and went down to the bottom of the sink and came back up again, wonderful little toy. Point them to the cereal aisle in the supermarket, much cheaper, then they could spend money improving the lot of most of the population which is really much more important, unless of course you want have a trip to the Korean peninsular and ave a go at that fat bloke with basin cut.

I also had the little scuba divers...;-)

I don't think the cornflake packet submarines would be any use here, the water is not deep enough. Anyway, mine had a tendency to stay at the bottom. Cue music for the new national anthem: "We all live in a yellow submarine .......".

12 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Will this activist be looking at an arrest for asking questions?

Speaking of arrests - isn't the Red Bull turd supposed to be back tomorrow? I look forward to seeing him in cuffs and in serious trouble. If you can be arrested in Thailand for asking questions, I'd hate to think what happens to you if you kill a police officer  ? 

He should be in Sotschi by today for the next Formula one race on the weekend.

23 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Last night I watched "K19: The Widowmaker" with Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson. It offers no lessons for the Thai navy, but I thought I'd just mention it anyway. Tah-dum, tee-dee. 

Perhaps Mr Harrison and Leeson might like to come down to  Thailand as quality tourists and  share their experiences with the new Thai sub mariners............................................:cheesy:

8 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Perhaps Mr Harrison and Leeson might like to come down to  Thailand as quality tourists and  share their experiences with the new Thai sub mariners............................................:cheesy:

... or teach them how to act like they are real submariners. 

On 26/04/2017 at 6:16 PM, petermik said:

This sub will be the star attraction as a Chao Phraya dinner cruise vessel :clap2:

The navy,in its wisdom, have appointed an english captain ( Pugwash) to oversee the thai crew :thumbsup:

You forgot Master Bates and Seaman Stains...

On 4/26/2017 at 5:57 PM, ratcatcher said:

It looks like activist Srisuwan Janya is attempting to torpedo the deal. There will be many ruffled feathers and grim faces around the big tables tonight.

"Another respondent, Santisak Fuengvanich, said: “I agree with this [submarine purchase]. Although people’s wellbeing is not in good shape, Thailand needs the submarines for security reasons."

Security of what, one might ask.

Submarines have been successful militarily since the American Civil War, 150 years ago. Why does Thailand suddenly need them for security after all this time?
Should be able to pick up some Soviet "Whisky Class" boats for around 18 million baht... figure double that for recommissioning. A considerable savings over the multi billion China deal.