Katia

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bubba said:

Well, I am one of "those people" who prefers to eat vegetarian. Personally, I have never found a person's dietary preferences to be a determiner of their intelligence or whether they should be an object of ridicule. Conversely, I can see how a person who takes such a view could be considered shallow and boorish.

So  for sure in the west nobody consider vegan people as boring fool people. And I do not mean the west of India,

I repeat that I am also a vegetarian, but those extremist ridiculous vegan people who do not even want to eat if a dish has touched meat in a previous life, put wrong ideas in novice head about all vegetarian people.

Last year Mrs. Kidd and the kids decided they wanted to go vegan for the festival, and since I cook 80% of the time I agreed as I thought it would be a challenge to cook some flavorful dishes.

Everything was going along fine for the first 2 days. Mrs. Kidd was working late and cooking there. On the 3rd evening Mrs. Kidd was home in time for dinner. I had cooked up some mouth watering stir fry veggies/tofu.

We all sat down for a festive meal when Mrs. Kidd asked; is that garlic and onion in there? I’m think “yeah, that and chili are my secrete ingredients for making this food taste so damn good”.

It was then explained to me that garlic, onion and strong flavors were not part of the “festival” diet, but they ate it anyway.

I ordered 2 large pizzas with everything.

I don’t mind eating vegan, but taking away strong flavors for this particular vegan diet seems more like punishment.

Happy veggie festival everyone.

Kidd

Edited by Coconut Kidd

2 minutes ago, Coconut Kidd said:

Last year Mrs. Kidd and the kids decided they wanted to go vegan for the festival, and since I cook 80% of the time I agreed as I thought it would be a challenge to cook some flavorful dishes.

Everything was going along fine for the first 2 days. Mrs. Kidd was working late and cooking there. On the 3rd evening Mrs. Kidd was home in time for dinner. I had cooked up some mouth watering stir fry veggies/tofu.

We all sat down for a festive meal when Mrs. Kidd asked; is that garlic and onion in there? I’m think “yeah, that and chili are my secrete ingredients for making this food taste so damn good”.

It was then explained to me that garlic, onion and strong flavors were not part of the “festival” diet.

I ordered 2 large pizzas with everything.

I don’t mind eating vegan, but taking away strong flavors for this particular vegan diet seems more like punishment.

Happy veggie festival everyone.

Kidd

Totally agree, this is when nobody has respect for such extreme people.

On 10/6/2017 at 9:04 PM, dpdp said:

It's good when vegetarians are not too picky. These people will never understand that by being too extreme then do not inspire respect.

I am a vegetarian and find vegan people mostly boring and even sometimes stupid extreme people.

They just deserve the teasing and all jokes that they receive.

"It's good when vegetarians are not too picky."

I asssume this means "It's good when vegetarians don't mind eating food which is not vegetarian."

That makes no sense, as if they don't mind eating non-vegetarian food they would not be vegetarians.

It's like saying "It's good when people who live by certain health and/or moral principles don't mind ignoring those principles".

Good in your opinion obviously, but why would any vegetarian care about that?

Edited by JimmyJ

On 10/7/2017 at 12:04 AM, dpdp said:

It's good when vegetarians are not too picky. These people will never understand that by being too extreme then do not inspire respect.

I am a vegetarian and find vegan people mostly boring and even sometimes stupid extreme people.

They just deserve the teasing and all jokes that they receive.

Best get back under your bridge now. Giving you the benefit of the doubt here by assuming you are a Troll and not a fool. However, both are deserving of ridicule and rancor.

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Best get back under your bridge now. Giving you the benefit of the doubt here by assuming you are a Troll and not a fool. However, both are deserving of ridicule and rancor.

Possibly he's a restaurant owner or cook/waiter and is upset when people order vegetarian food, are not served vegetarian food, and refuse it.

("How dare they actually expect vegetarian food when ordering vegetarian food. How picky! This is vegetarian food, just that it's in a meat or fish sauce.")

Also hard to believe he's a vegetarian based on his posts.

Edited by JimmyJ

3 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Possibly he's a restaurant owner or cook/waiter and is upset when people order vegetarian food, are not served vegetarian food, and refuse it.

Also hard to believe he's a vegetarian based on his posts.

Got the exact same impression...NOT a vegetarian, but certainly both of the other descriptive terms. :1zgarz5:

3 hours ago, robertthebruce said:
9 hours ago, Naam said:

quite easy to find... in your own kitchen.

For sure YES...

but it I Don’t cook and Won’t Cook,.,,

Lazy for sure, I know, ,but I do manage to get by.,,..

hire a cook = problem solved :smile:

On 10/5/2017 at 12:07 AM, Krupnik said:

Thanks for recommending my website! :) I hope it is useful. 

It should be very useful.

Just tried to go there and getting a blank page - it's not initializing.

My browser's address bar shows the correct url so it seems to have arrived there, but nothing showing.

Edited by JimmyJ

On 10/9/2017 at 11:44 AM, robertthebruce said:

Thai Vegetarian Food..., is like the rest of there cooked foods.

Too much Salt and Sugar and Soy Sauce...., and Greasy ...

which is all best to be avoided....

Finding Healthy Food, in Thailand is not easy......

So true ! but all the experts here are going to tell you that we are wrong.

On 10/9/2017 at 11:31 AM, JimmyJ said:

I asssume this means "It's good when vegetarians don't mind eating food which is not vegetarian."

What a drama ! fish sauce in a dish !!! and what is more than funny is that vegan who do not eat 100% at home are most of the time cheated and will never know that they are eating not 100% vegan food.

But as they are usually just too stupid to even notice it, they deserve it !

2 hours ago, dpdp said:

What a drama ! fish sauce in a dish !!! and what is more than funny is that vegan who do not eat 100% at home are most of the time cheated and will never know that they are eating not 100% vegan food.

What is really funny...in the stupid sense of the word...are your uninformed posts and ASS-umptions. Utterly ridiculous...and why are you so obsessed with vegans?

Your bridge is waiting...:crazy:

On 10/11/2017 at 6:42 PM, dpdp said:

With an attitude like this, no wonder your restaurant failed.

On 10/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, Skeptic7 said:

What is really funny...in the stupid sense of the word...are your uninformed posts and ASS-umptions. Utterly ridiculous...and why are you so obsessed with vegans?

Your bridge is waiting...:crazy:

"...and why are you so obsessed with vegans?"

I'm getting the feeling he thinks that "vegetarians" are people who like to eat vegetables, and "vegans" are people who are (actually) vegetarians (as well as vegans, but he doesn't comprehend the distinction because he doesn't understand either word).

Edited by JimmyJ