is your electric going up?

thaijoe

I have been here for 8 yrs now, in these last 2 months my bill has jump 1,300 baht. I called the electric company as always its hot they say. but come to find out they put new meters in the building. my bill has been 1,800- 2,200 baht for the last yr every month. after they changed these meters it been 3,200 last month 3,300 this month.

Did they give themselves a raise?? or what? I have done nothing wrong or added and appliances.

has anyone else had this problem? they won't change their minds

Yeah it's been hot and l use use more air-con or course but my electric costs are still pretty much the same as other years.

You remind me of our water meter which was in the sun and when they changed it the water bill doubled. :biggrin:

4 hours ago, thaijoe said:

but come to find out they put new meters in the building

So you live in a condo/apartment house?

One possibility is that they did a mistake when changing the meters (wrong no. assigned) and you simply pay another residents consumption.

Do you have access to the meter?

Check the meter no. on the bill and identify "your" meter.

Switch off the main breaker in your condo (ALL off).

Watch your meter? Is it standing still?

I had a similar incident about ten years ago when our meter got changed, I asked the

manager if they had put the wrong meters in as our bills had near doubled, she denied

it was their fault, so I asked a thai lad I knew if I could borrow his camera (he owned a

computer shop) and within two weeks the meters were changed back.? he had turned

up in a suit and was observed on closed circuit TV checking and filming the meters...?

nothing was ever mentioned again as the bills went back to normal.

I was very lucky as I did not have a PC or a camera on my phone.

the manager eventually got sacked as she tried to tell me I would have to wait for my

deposit as the owner was in Bangkok, but she did not know I had the owners number.  

2 hours ago, tomwct said:

Another reason not to buy a condo in Thailand. The Land of Smiles!

Right.....having a lanlord charging you for your electricity would make more sense?

The simple answer is to check the amount of units used (on your bill) and multiply by the price of a unit.

If you think too many units used check you are not being "tapped" into (turn off all appliences and check for movement in the meter.

Edited by dotpoom

It's certainly been ******** hot recently. Our last bill (direct from PEA) was 20% up on the previous month.

I put it down to more aircon usage and the fact that I've been welding up the steelwork for Wifeys shed.

28 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's certainly been ******** hot recently. Our last bill (direct from PEA) was 20% up on the previous month.

I put it down to more aircon usage and the fact that I've been welding up the steelwork for Wifeys shed.

Welding steelwork for wifeys shed??????

What so she cannot get out and spend, or for sinister means.:cheesy:

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

Electric went up a year or so ago and there raising the price per unit again either now or very soon :sad:

May. We run the A/C from time to time lately to cool things off and I figured the bill would hit 1000 bahts came in at 751

2 hours ago, howard ashoul said:

I was always paying 200 baht/month.

This month bill come for 550 baht! No idea why!

perhaps you switched on your fridge because you didn't like your Chang lukewarm?

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

So you live in a condo/apartment house?

One possibility is that they did a mistake when changing the meters (wrong no. assigned) and you simply pay another residents consumption.

Do you have access to the meter?

Check the meter no. on the bill and identify "your" meter.

Switch off the main breaker in your condo (ALL off).

Watch your meter? Is it standing still?

Anything is possible.. a friend of mine thought his bill was very high.. renting a house from a lady who lived next door.. turns out she was giving him her bill and paying his!.. until she forgot to pay his one time and they cut the power off.. then he discovered he had been paying hers for the last 2 years! 

...empty house...1 small air con at night...1800 per month past 2 years...minimum...

..was told by a couple of people that I am paying 'commercial rate'...

....because my wife wanted to convert the house to a rooming house....

...the utility denied it....

...so what to do...???

4 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...empty house...1 small air con at night...1800 per month past 2 years...minimum...

...so what to do...???

How would the PEA know about plans to house?. We have house and shop and my workshop we pay government rate

6 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...so what to do...???

Roughly how much per unit are you paying?

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:
SOTIRIOS said:

run a small aircon (9,000 btu/h) 8 hours with the thermostat set at 22ºC and your monthy bill (without fridge, lighting, etc.) will be 1,000 Baht.

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

girl.jpg.11289ca4f20b0c3ee4a0a20c6e3b9920.jpg