Famous designer Vatanika shames Thai woman who stole dress, replaced it with copycat

webfact

Famous designer Vatanika shames Thai woman who stole dress, replaced it with copycat

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

Photos: Vatanika Official/ Instagram

BANGKOK: -- Famous Thai designer label Vatanika called out a woman for “bringing home the wrong dress,” which is a nice way of saying that she switched a counterfeit product for a real one at their shop in Emquartier.

The brand shared CCTV photos of a well-dressed woman, whom they claim took an expensive nude-colored dress into the fitting room on Tuesday but left behind a much cheaper one that looked similar.

“This is the face of the lady who left the dress that didn’t belong to Vatanika in the dressing room. We understood that she might have forgotten it. We tried to return the dress to her but she drove off first,” the brand wrote in the caption.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/famous-designer-vatanika-shames-thai-woman-stole-dress-replaced-copycat/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-04-28

4 hours ago, Sphere said:

I'm guessing the word "famous" is used rather loosely here..... :coffee1:

She is certainly renowned as a fashion designer in this part of the world. So by definition she is famous and certainly well known in Hong Kong, London, Paris and Milan.. Maybe not Pattaya or Angeles.:whistling:

http://vatanika-design.com/about.php

http://prestigeonline.com/th/People/Personalities/Gallery-8-Things-You-Didn-t-Know-about-Vatanika

5902a77c98d24_PraeVatanika.jpg.67fe402a888b0eceb1ec983d154a6798.jpgvatanika.jpg.32b21c869597a325f159e13e7ee9a219.jpg

Edited by ratcatcher

4 hours ago, doremifasol said:

Why would the designer splatter the Thai lady's face all over

but didn't openly accused her? Why would she use the word 

"forgotten" instead of "stole" ?

Poor marketing strategy? :coffee1:

because here in LOS you can be find more for shamming a person then kicking them to the ground ,even if you are right about what you wrote or said publicly.

4 hours ago, doremifasol said:

It's called sarcasm. 

While the shop people might have recognised the copy, I wonder how many customers would have done so easily. The K- Mart clones of high fashion items is becoming big (legal) business as more and more savvy shoppers baulk at the LUDICROUS prices charged by the fashion mafia.

This case is simple theft, the prices charged by high end fashion stores is highway robbery.

10 hours ago, Sphere said:

"Guessing" indeed.

10 hours ago, Sphere said:

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

While the shop people might have recognised the copy, I wonder how many customers would have done so easily. The K- Mart clones of high fashion items is becoming big (legal) business as more and more savvy shoppers baulk at the LUDICROUS prices charged by the fashion mafia.

This case is simple theft, the prices charged by high end fashion stores is highway robbery.

It's not "highway robbery" if you don't buy it.

9 hours ago, doremifasol said:

I think it is something to do with there Libel laws, do keep up !!....................lol