Notarized copies and TM30 form

Two questions

Our visas will be due soon. Our boys have a year study/education visa (Non Immigrant type O) and my wife and I are their guardians (Non Immigrant Type O visa) one year visa. The boys are the primary visa holders and we go under them.

1) In the past even when I've had notarized copies of our boys birth certificates. The immigration office in Chiang Mai would only ask me to just sign a photocopy of our boys birth certificates and that would be fine during our submission of our applications. Has anything changed. Has the Immigration Department tightened up things and require notarized copies? (I don't want to fly to Bangkok to get them notarized from my Embassy if I don't have to)

2) I just discovered that this year the Immigration office is asking for the receipt for the TM30 registration by the Landlord. Our landlord didn't do that when we arrived a few years ago and now we are rushing around to get it done. Is this a must this year in order to process the renewal/extension of our visas?

1. Immigration does not require notarized copies. Only a signature is needed to certify it.

2. Chiang Mai immigration is strict on wanting the TM30 report. They have been wanting one done for some time. I am surprised they did not want it last year.

1. Good to hear about the signature for certifying the birth certificate photo copies

2. Another question for the TM30.  I was told by my boys school that when you leave the country you have to report to immigration within 24 hours upon returning to your registered address you have to report to immigration and notify them. That is okay.

Another friend thought that if you go on holidays to Bangkok or somewhere in Thailand and return to your home you have to report to immigration that you have returned to your registered address.

Is this Correct?

Edited by StarEnergy

20 minutes ago, StarEnergy said:

Another friend thought that if you go on holidays to Bangkok or somewhere in Thailand and return to your home you have to report to immigration that you have returned to your registered address.

Is this Correct?

No it is not correct.

I think CM immigration was telling people that at one time but as far as I know they have backed off that requirement.

27 minutes ago, StarEnergy said:

Is the TM30 form only required in Chiang Mai Immigration office or throughout all Immigration offices in Thailand. A friend said the TM30 form is only required out of Chiang Mai office

Many immigration offices want the TM30 but most are not strict about it as Chiang Mai is. Plenty of recent reports about Pattaya immigration being strict on them now,