Krungsri ?

Opened an account with Krungsri because of their interest bearing savings account but have decided this bank is not for me.

Their netbank limit is 50,000 baht per transfer and 200,000 baht per day. They tell me that this limit cannot be changed. For comparison, Krungthai has given me a 5 million limit.

When I use my debit card, the statement (available via netbank) only shows “POS”. They tell me that if I need more info, I will have to keep my own ledger. For comparison, Krungthai shows the name of the store.

My debit/visa card cannot be used online. Possibly this limitation can be lifted, but given the above, I have decided not to use this account, because it’s just too cumbersome to get my money out (given their limit, and yes, I often have to pay > 50,000 baht to third parties), and the lack of details when using my card makes it really hard to check my purchase history (I don’t save my receipts, but do occasionally check my statements to see what I paid for certain things, which is just not possible with Krungsri).

This post is just to inform other people who are looking at banks and considering Krungsri, you should be aware of the above.

Beyond that though, I’ve had no problems with customer service in the bank, so if you do not care about useful bank statements and never need to transfer more than 50,000 baht, then I guess Krungsri is fine.

A minor issue is with their netbank, first thing is that their login page has a “shadow” password field, which makes the autofill not work in Chrome, meaning I have to fill in username and password every time. The other thing is that if I want to see a statement for an account, the default is to show me “today”, I then have to use their calendar pop-ups to set both a from and a to date, so it’s a little tedious to use.

I've been with them for a few years, but only for the better, non fixed saving account.  I don't use any of the accounts for routine, day to day needs.  I have accounts with Bangkok Bank for that, moreso because of the easy ACH link to my US accounts via their New York Branch.

I always fill in my user name/password, never use the Remember Me feature for any online banking. 

Agree about the statement default and having to do a calendar search.  That is a pain, ought to be 2 weeks to 1 month back as a default view.

I use Chrome and a password manager that autofill the logon credentials...works fine.    Also works fine using Edge with my password manager.  However, if using IE11 with my password manager the autofill works by entering the User ID/Password but a person must then double click at the end of the password entry to get a successful logon.   I do not have my password manager set to continue the logon immediately after the User ID & password are entered by the autofill function as I found some websites will not logon successfully that way.  Instead I manually click the website logon/continue button after the User ID & password were autofilled by the password manager...or I guess the password manager built-into your browser.  I don't allow any of my browsers to save logon credentials and also never use the Remember Me function on a financial website; I use my password manager instead.

As 55Jay I've had a Krungsri account for years along with their internet banking and a debit card.  I have a Mee Tai Dai account which pays significantly higher interest (like around 3 times more) than a regular saving account...it's kinda like a fixed savings account but without the restrictions of a fixed saving account since you have immediate access to your funds, can do ibanking transfers, has a debit card, etc.   

And yeap, they do have that Bt50K per transfer limit to third parties via ibanking.   I've used it a couple of times to transfer Bt50K over to my Bangkok Bank accounts....I use the immediate transfer feature that costs Bt35 if remember right...the money literally arrives my Bangkok Bank within a second.   I use Bangkok Bank for most of my banking, bill pay, etc....plus they also are the only Thai bank with ACH receiving capability....ACH is the primarily funds transfer system used in the U.S.  ACH is also much cheaper to use than SWIFT/wire and can also be used for reoccurring U.S. govt pension/benefits payments from U.S. govt payment agencies such as the Social Security Agency, Defense Finance Center, OPM, etc....etc...etc.

I also use Krungsri for my over the counter withdrawals with my foreign cards.

Me like Krungsri Bank....and Bangkok Bank.

21 hours ago, Pib said:

I use Chrome and a password manager that autofill the logon credentials...works fine.    Also works fine using Edge with my password manager.  However, if using IE11 with my password manager the autofill works by entering the User ID/Password but a person must then double click at the end of the password entry to get a successful logon.   I do not have my password manager set to continue the logon immediately after the User ID & password are entered by the autofill function as I found some websites will not logon successfully that way.  Instead I manually click the website logon/continue button after the User ID & password were autofilled by the password manager...or I guess the password manager built-into your browser.  I don't allow any of my browsers to save logon credentials and also never use the Remember Me function on a financial website; I use my password manager instead.

As 55Jay I've had a Krungsri account for years along with their internet banking and a debit card.  I have a Mee Tai Dai account which pays significantly higher interest (like around 3 times more) than a regular saving account...it's kinda like a fixed savings account but without the restrictions of a fixed saving account since you have immediate access to your funds, can do ibanking transfers, has a debit card, etc.   

And yeap, they do have that Bt50K per transfer limit to third parties via ibanking.   I've used it a couple of times to transfer Bt50K over to my Bangkok Bank accounts....I use the immediate transfer feature that costs Bt35 if remember right...the money literally arrives my Bangkok Bank within a second.   I use Bangkok Bank for most of my banking, bill pay, etc....plus they also are the only Thai bank with ACH receiving capability....ACH is the primarily funds transfer system used in the U.S.  ACH is also much cheaper to use than SWIFT/wire and can also be used for reoccurring U.S. govt pension/benefits payments from U.S. govt payment agencies such as the Social Security Agency, Defense Finance Center, OPM, etc....etc...etc.

I also use Krungsri for my over the counter withdrawals with my foreign cards.

Me like Krungsri Bank....and Bangkok Bank.

I've never gone down that road with password managers.  I keep them all on a document, on a flash stick, backed up on a couple others but for the main things, I just remember them and smash them in manually, or via a virtual keyboard.

Ah, I didn't know you did your over-the-counters with Krungsi.  I've never tried, always did them at Bangkok Bank.  Abandoned that now, cause it takes two trips, usually over two days, to pull what I want, and then maybe an ATM to top up again.  Now I just sit on my arse at home and do 1 ACH per month and eat the fee.  Lazzzyy!  LOL.  :biggrin:

Yea, I use a Krungsri branch because they are right in a Lotus mall I visit about every other day because the wife always needs something from there.  My queue time is zero to only a few minutes, they do it with a smile and no hassle, and I just have them deposit it right into my Krungsri account in a combo type transaction.   Sometimes I flip out two cards during the counter withdrawal...once again, they do it with a smile.  

This keeps me from setting on my arse at home and getting lazzzyy!   Plus, I'm already signed off in my training records from my previous work career to set on my arse and be lazzzyy so I do know how to do those tasks when in the mood which seems to occur more often as I get older.  :tongue: