SETV in SE Asia, proof of address

I have read many of the recent reports from various countries, but I have a more specific query that I haven't found answered.

My girlfriend/partner rents a house (6-month rolling contract) and when I visit Thailand, my main base is staying at her place.

Any idea how I can satisfy the new Proof of Address requirements for a SETV from an embassy in SE Asia?

Is it ok to have rental contracts in two names or is there some other document that can verify my address?

Do I have to demonstrate that I have made some form of payment towards the accommodation. If so, what would be accepted?

I have a 3 month signed contract in a residence in Bangkok.

I have used a signed copy of that contract to meet the residence requirement at various Thai consulates around South East Asia.

I also have stamped Paid copies of my monthly rental invoices showing I have paid monthly for the room for a year with me, but I have never been asked to actually show them.

The signed contract has always been enough to get me a SETV, they have never actually asked me yet to see the stamped monthly paid receipts.

But they are there as my Plan B Backup just in case requested.

• Like 1

OP - If you are not on the rental-contract, you might need to create a rental-contact with your GF (with Thai and English field-labels).  She may be able to find a blank contract-form online, which you can use.  Then create some paid-receipts conforming to what you pay her, per what IMA_FARANG described. 

1 hour ago, Essecola said:

Where are the embassies or consulates in SE Asia that require rental contract when applying for SETV? Never heard of needing to show a contract in Vientiane. Just curious.

Vientiane and Hong Kong never seem to require them. Some others (such as Bali and nowadays Savannakhet) always require rental contracts or hotel reservations. Others (such as Phnom Penh and Penang) will tend to demand them if you have several previous tourist visas in your passport. It is prudent to check on a case by case basis before traveling to get a visa, especially as requirements are subject to change at short notice.

Thanks for the replies.

Never thought of subletting from my girlfriend, so a rental contract and receipts may well be the best way to go.

Obviously I would prefer to avoid the issue all together, but since you never know when the rules are going change it's best to be prepared. Also a pain to change travel plans at the last minute as cheap flights need to be booked well in advance.

Thought about Vientiane, but I heard from friends it used to be really busy with all the visa companies going there. But with the recent changes that may well have changed, so unless any one's been recently I will ask on a relevant thread.

for applying for setv in belgium , embassy ask me only 1 week booking in a hotel,

however at the airport the imm officer asked me furthrmore the phone number and name of my gf and wanted to know where i planned to stay later that first week in  bangkok.