Highway police scurry to save face after cop issues 1,123km/hour speeding ticket

rooster59

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Somchai Kaosamran then went on the Line application to demand that whoever had filled the form in wrong be punished.

Why?

They made a typo, big <deleted> whoop. 

Edited by Bluespunk

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Not beyond the realms of possibility that some would try to achieve this.

..they try near Sankamphaeng every night, low flying on the 1006..usually hit a tree or someone else going by the white blobs on the road next morning.

7 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Do you not think that a western police chief would do exactly the same thing if somebody inadvertently moved a decimal place?

...just withdraw the notice..he will come again.

2 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Chief needs to chill out it was a mistake nothing else. Throw the ticket out.

Had Somchai the police chief been in possession of a half decent sense of humour, he could have saved himself and the department a great deal of embarrassment and need for face saving by simply politely requesting the driver of the Chevrolet rocket to attend the police station news conference and awarded him a token prize for the fastest Chevy in history. It could have been handled humorously, instead we have yet another mini crisis with an irate big cop.

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Must save face no matter what, we must save face.

Saving face is more important than anything here.

I think the holy baht takes precedence over all else with face saving coming in second place. Money IS face!

16 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

This is the reason why RTP never commands any respect for their citizens. When they make mistakes like this, every speed ticket that comes to the mail even if legit will be questionable.

So the RTP don't command any respect, just because of a typo that moved a decimal point one position, absolute rubbish and nonsense,

7 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

So the RTP don't command any respect, just because of a typo that moved a decimal point one position, absolute rubbish and nonsense,

Of course, I see examples of it in everyday interaction of the citizens here and the police and personal friends of mine never paying a speeding ticket reasons being it is just a way to fleece the public for more money. 

Try asking any locals here what they think of the RTP? look the comments in TVF with regards to the RTP. I am sure my comment is not nonsensical and baseless. 

either that or u might be living another LOS.