Paypal thailand address?

I set up a paypal account when living in the nanny state 5 yrs ago. Now I live in the LOS.

I tried to order something on lazada and pay for it with PPal. Of course there was a problem delivering to a thai address.

Do I need to set up a new Ppal account linked to my thai bank account with a thai address? Or can I change the settings for my existing account?

I dont see why they have to be so anal as to not allow a thai delivery address using a nanny state pay pal account. Its bloody annoying to be honest. This is 2017.

cheers

I have a Paypal account set up in the UK using my UK address and UK credit card.

Buy stuff from ebay and have it delivered to my Thai address no problem although for the delivery address and recipient I use my wifes name.

This is a nightmare I agree. I tried to setup another account when this happened to me and it didn't work. I finally had a friend pay for it and made sure the seller knew where to ship it. As far as I was concerned, I was pretty much not supposed to buy anything with PayPal unless the delivery address was in the states. I don't see how they can be so successful and have policies like this, but there it is. 

1 minute ago, utalkin2me said:

This is a nightmare I agree. I tried to setup another account when this happened to me and it didn't work. I finally had a friend pay for it and made sure the seller knew where to ship it. As far as I was concerned, I was pretty much not supposed to buy anything with PayPal unless the delivery address was in the states. I don't see how they can be so successful and have policies like this, but there it is. 

I agree. Wait for Facebook or another option to introduce a payments app and I will ditch paypal. Its stupid that their software developers can't see a business case for people who live/ travel abroad and need this option.

Ive only ever used P Pay to buy things online. If I send money to the wife using my new thai pay pal account it asked for her email address. Once confirmed she will open the link and see the money in her pay pal account. Can she then transfer that money to her normal bank account (if its linked to her pp account?) OR can she only use that money to buy things online. Sorry for this daft question but Ive never used PP for payments before....