Don't judge a book by its cover! Shabby uncle pulls out 600,000 in cash and drives off on a Harley!

webfact

So true. Not common but true. I helped a guy no one else would when I worked at a car dealer. The guy bought a black convertable corvette and a black convertible camaro.

It happened to me also my parents wanted new jaguars I ended up going to 3 dealerships no one would help me. I ended up going ro California to buy them.

When I got back I went to one of the dealerships walked in to the general managers office and told him what happened. He was mad that his dealership lost out on $150,000.00 sale.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Often for good reason.

Lot of money in circulation here especially at banks. Last time I made a withdrawal and forgot to say I wanted a bank draft. Needless to say they tried to give me a bushel basket full. Now if the old guy would have had a uniform on I would be blowing the police whistle. 

4 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Lot of money in circulation here especially at banks. Last time I made a withdrawal and forgot to say I wanted a bank draft. Needless to say they tried to give me a bushel basket full. Now if the old guy would have had a uniform on I would be blowing the police whistle. 

Someone wanders in with a large amount of money for a purchase, then questions should be asked [over a certain amount of course].

There is a lot of money in circulation earned through drug dealing/human trafficking and other forms of illicit trade that those involved wish to launder. 

Any measures that help these persons get caught is fine by me.

Not suggesting that this man is involved in any of these things, my post was aimed at yet another tedious ''nanny state'' type comment...

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Someone wanders in with a large amount of money for a purchase, then questions should be asked [over a certain amount of course].

There is a lot of money in circulation earned through drug dealing/human trafficking and other forms of illicit trade that those involved wish to launder. 

Me to especially if his jacket has 4 or 5 stars on the shoulders. 

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Not suggesting that this man is involved in any of these things, my post was aimed at yet another tedious ''nanny state'' type comment...

From the looks of all the marvels on the horizon and the mounting debt problem to move all the marvelous products of today and tomorrow with burgeoning debt and stagnant wages this may yet put the nanny state into overdrive. 

Edited by elgordo38

5 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I had a good friend owned one he said the vibration up and down his legs and loins was better than sex. Who am I to judge. 

Oh yeah, powering around the bends in the Swiss Alps on one was something else at 200 clicks/hour maybe more. My legs weren't the same lol.

Great story this. Never judge a book by it's cover. I love the no show show the wealth ever, rule, flash the cash is vulgar with the nouveaux riche, this guy has style double plus.

2 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Oh yeah, powering around the bends in the Swiss Alps on one was something else at 200 clicks/hour maybe more. My legs weren't the same lol.

Great story this. Never judge a book by it's cover. I love the no show show the wealth ever, rule, flash the cash is vulgar with the nouveaux riche, this guy has style double plus.

Yes he did Minnie. The secret is listen to your legs. Don't be an overdoing senior. Its like the nose knows only the legs will tell you when the vibes are right

I've got many years to go before I hit the granny circle, in the meantime nothing wrong with aging disgracefully. 

That elderly gent got his dream bike and not many can do that when they hit old age. Kudos.

Edited by Minnie the Minx

10 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

shame he wasted it on a Harley then :passifier:

Really. Poor bloke should have done some research. For that kind of money he could have got a seriously nice bike. As it is he is now going to need a pick up truck to move it around unless he only needs it to go shopping locally in which case he will also need a basket above the front wheel.

Mehhhh….ever since social media made everyone a broadcaster I have serious doubts about most stories…..could be something the motorbike dealership dreamed up to drum up business. In singapore hawkers walk into bmw, merc and aud showrooms and pay cash for sedans too.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

laota.jpg

This is an extremely popular sort of story of which I've heard many variations over the years

One version circulating last year was about the shabby man ignored/shamed at the BMW dealer; he went to another dealer, purchased two new cars, then drove one back to the initial dealer to show them the car.

I think these tales appeal to Thais as they sort of turn the Thai social contract, and how higher status people pre-judge lower status people, on it's head.