Six people injured as police chase suspect in Chachoengsao

webfact

Six people injured as police chase suspect in Chachoengsao

2am1.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

CHACHOENGSAO: -- Dozens of shots were fired and six people were injured with many vehicles damaged as a drugs' suspect fled from Bang Pakong police Sunday.

The suspect was eventually taken down after a chase along the Bang Na - Trat highway and adjoining roads.

A video of the arrest was posted to Facebook while Thai News Agency showed what happened in footage that started with shooting in the parking lot of a department store.

During the 7 kilometer chase the man - named later as "Nai O" - shot at police, the public and reporters. He managed to hijack a car belonging to a member of the public and drove it despite a tire having been shot out.

Two policemen, three members of the public and one reporter were injured though it was not sure if all of those had gunshot wounds.

The suspect appeared later at a press conference in a helmet. He said he didn't mean to shoot anyone - he was just stealing a car and wanted to get away.

He had previous offences for drugs and auto theft. 

A security guard interviewed by TNA said that as the chase proceeded there were many members of the public in the vicinity.

Source: Facebook, Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-02

2 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Drugs, shooting at police and ordinary people, injury/death or not, warrants the death penalty

Maybe not the death penalty but at least 20 years.

The public having gunds is illegal in Thailand (with a few exceptions. IMHO it's criminal that anybody can buy guns and that the police lost control of gun sales etc., years ago.

Anybody recall the incident about 3 years ago, an ex cop (dismissed from the force for a serious offence) was caught openly selling handguns in Pattaya, he admitted having sold 152 guns to local Pattaya teenagers. 

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Maybe not the death penalty but at least 20 years.

The public having gunds is illegal in Thailand (with a few exceptions. IMHO it's criminal that anybody can buy guns and that the police lost control of gun sales etc., years ago.

Anybody recall the incident about 3 years ago, an ex cop (dismissed from the force for a serious offence) was caught openly selling handguns in Pattaya, he admitted having sold 152 guns to local Pattaya teenagers. 

The police, everywhere in the world, did not loose control of firearms.

They never had and never will have control.

Any success in finding illegal weapons is just having luck.

Why is the accused wearing a bullet vest? To protect him from gun fire whilst in police custody within a police station!

And why is he wearing what looks like a girlie helmet!? 555

To many, cop chases criminal, gangster movies have been reenacted.

What makes me laugh is the throng of people who hang around during the media circus.

Do they not have work to do? Oh yes I forgot, it takes 20 individuals to do just one persons job.

They hang around doing nothing better than pointing fingers and shuffling blank A4 paper in the hope that they give the impression that they are important.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, sanukjim said:

Try as they might ,these clowns in LOS can not copy the sxupxdy of our clowns in Chicago or Detroit.

Excuse me.  I am a retired police officer from Detroit.  I began my career in 1977.  Even then, shooting at moving vehicles was prohibited.  In later years, chasing of stolen vehicles became strictly limited.  Fleeing from police was made a felony crime.  Stolen property isn't worth a human life, and most just resulted in small losses to an insurance company anyway.  We even know how to spell stupidity or use spell check.  :)

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

2017 and still shooting out tyres in the vicinity of the general public.
Time to update tactics.

download.jpg

Tough to find one of those during a 7 km chase -which would have lasted a few minutes at most, especially given that the cops generally ride scooters.

1 hour ago, gwynt said:

Why is it the media are always present at these events?

Someone making money for tip off??

"Media" can mean many  things, not strictly "reporters".  
"Media" could mean a motorcycle-taxi, an actual media person out in their car (which they are all day anyway) listening to the police band, or a police media (volunteer or paid) representative who tag along with the police to do arrests and promote their noble cause :)  
Considering the amount of cases that happen daily, we don't really see that much. 
"Media" here is a loose term for anyone with a "media" badge and I-phone of which there are hundreds.

Don't read too much into it. 

I seem to remember a hostage situation some years ago. I'm not sure, but i think it was in BKK. I remember the result. Police chased the car in question. These were meant to be a crack team, trained for situations like this. The hostage ( a teacher i believe) was shot 4 times. I think the hostage taker was shot dead.

The news headlines complimented the cops on a job well done?????

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I seem to remember a hostage situation some years ago. I'm not sure, but i think it was in BKK. I remember the result. Police chased the car in question. These were meant to be a crack team, trained for situations like this. The hostage ( a teacher i believe) was shot 4 times. I think the hostage taker was shot dead.

The news headlines complimented the cops on a job well done?????

Presumably because they didn't manage to shoot anyone else.