Fugitive Vorayuth left Thailand for Singapore on April 25, police say

webfact

16 hours ago, British Bulldog said:

They say: " .....stemmed from recklessness rather than a serious case with criminal intent ..." ??? He killed a person, a Police officer at that ... and he didn't stop etc. ??? How the hell can .... my God ! How reckless is the Law for ignoring a criminal case !

Well BB, after a bit more time in the LOS, you will come to understand that "ignoring" is always a function of connection. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/2/2017 at 4:06 PM, worgeordie said:

"He said Thong Lor police investigators did not ban him from travelling abroad as the case stemmed from recklessness rather than a serious case with criminal intent. Therefore, he said, the Immigration Bureau was not authorised to stop him."

So he was just been reckless when he mowed down a policeman,then fled.I don't think they are taking this seriously at all.

regards worgeordie

Anywhere in the western world someone who killed a cop would be pursued to the ends of the world (or in the US would probably not even make it to court) - here its 'recklessness, not a serious offence'. Unbelievable if it wasn't Thailand.

19 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Interesting theory. Mr Thaksin is the leader of the RED gang and has been in exile a long time.

The Yoovidhya family are actually members of the YELLOW gang, I believe. 

Perhaps they may change colour?

59098b5859835_yellowbull.jpg.2da5fd0080603a53f37ea1133bf8a5d4.jpg

Yellow- introduced for 'Boy'- it certainly reflects his character!

On 5/2/2017 at 5:07 PM, scorecard said:

Could well be true however I suspect Singapore might well have the means to quickly identify the man at the booth on a xxx passport is actually the same guy wanted on an arrest warrant for the vehicle man slaughter of a cop in Thailand, and with a flag from interpol (?), and they might well refuse entry and perhaps even detain him.

Singapore doesn't mess around with situations like this, they act.  

Actually they mess a lot. Their are 6 fugitives from China that are living in Singapore but they bring a lot cash with them. A lot of Indonesians that are wanted in Indonesia are residing in Singapore because they took the stolen cash with them. 

19 hours ago, chainarong said:

Haven't heard or seen a word in the OZ press , not surprising , you never hear much about Thailand except when there R riots or murders of tourists.....................:coffee1:

Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya jets out of Thailand days before trial
Thai police have finally issued an arrest warrant for 32-year-old Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya and notified the international police agency Interpol he is ...

This is more ridiculous than the hunt for Thaksin

There is no intention of bringing this guy to Justice They could have issued an arrest warrant a long time ago

It shows the Thai people clearly that there is only jail for the poor and the rich do not answer to the rules of justice

The prime minister in his wisdom could have enacted rule 44  Did he NOPE

So now I ask you who is really corrupt 

Sad day for Thailand and the Justice system here  No one has faith in it No one 

On 5/2/2017 at 5:44 PM, Thailand said:

You think he only has one passport?

Yeah...you need shelter abroad..new passport...refugee status even..go abroad buy a popular and well supported team..ala ...hmmm who is also Thai and previously owned Manchester City?.

....hmmmmmm! 

I think what it has boiled down to is this.

The family of the accused paid the family of the deceased the equivalent of 100,000 USD.

For this they had to sign a document saying , " if the accused is not brought to court by the authorities for what ever reason , the family cannot press charges ' .

So the family have been taken care of and will not make any noise , the police don't like work anyway , unless they can make money out of it ( which I suspect they already have )

So what else is there to do , the rich do not go to jail here , so look the other way and try and ride out the storm caused by the media , not the authorities.

Life is cheap and the world keeps on turning.

Edited by NE1

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

These brown envelopes must be huge

The family has been poorly advised from day one. All he ever needed to do was to turn up in court, express profound remorse , show contrition and accept the token slap on the wrist penalty. All the deceit and excuses now see him painted into a corner from which there can be no escape. The big boys have decided to throw him to the wolves regardless of how many envelopes have been distributed to the troops. Whatever he gets, it won't be enough but it might be a lesson for other hiso felons.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:35 AM, darksidedog said:

If you have been following this topic of late in other posts, you will know that I am one of the fiercest critics of this low life piece of scum.

The Government have the power to revoke his passport, and can actually ask Interpol to hunt for him, but while hinting at it, have done neither.

If you shut down Red Bull here completely, the difference it would make to the family fortune would be negligible.

And while Yes, that is ultimately where his money comes from, the family didn't run someone over, and flee the scene. They have committed no crime.

There are many innocent people who would be hurt by a product boycott.

Maybe if the nation refused to pay taxes until the Government uses its power in this matter, you would be hurting the right pocket and might stir up some action.

I see little happening until he is forced to come home and even then I am not expecting a "just" sentence.

Lots of pressure in terms of bad press on the RB family does wonders.

Social media will provide that bad press.