Leaving Thailand

I Have a one year non immigration type O , support visa valid until Feb 2005 ( married to a thai ) and have to report to Immigration every 90 days, My next report date is on the 28th of August , I now find that I have to leave Thailand for medical treatment some time in June . but I am not sure of my return date , it could be well after my next reporting date of the 28th..? as I may not be in Thailand for the reporting date, would having a re-entry permit cover me in some way , and should I return after my reporting date of the 28th, how will the Immigration view this ....? any advice would be most welcome..Thanks

Get a re-entry permit which will be valid until Feb 2005, i.e. same as your visa.

Upon re-entry mark in the TM 6 form as visa-no. the number shown in the re-entry permit incl. issued at:..... valid until .....

Immigration will stamp you back in and permit to stay until Feb 2005.

From date of re-entry your 90 days start new. Example, you return August 31 than you have to report November 29, 90 days after re-entry.

and have to report to Immigration every 90 days

You only have to report to immigration when your extension of stay is due for renewal (Feb 2005) if that is what you have. I believe you are thinking of the address report which does not require you to report yourself and can even be done by mail.

It that is the case Axel has answered you - get a re entry permit prior to any travel outside of Thailand. When you return you will be due to report your address 90 days later than the new TM6 entry date. You do not have to report address when outside of Thailand.

Many thanks for the re-plys, have I got this right.... ? On arrival back at the air port, the Thai immigration desk will stamp me back in and permit my stay until Feb 2005, do I then have to report to my local immigration office to let them know I am back in Thailand and obtain the 90 day reporting slip in my passport...?

THanks ............

You did not confirm that you have a visa extension but it sounds as if you do.

Before you leave Thailand you obtain a re-entry permit, either single or multi type. On this stamp will be a number and the Feb 2005 date of your extension. You enter that number when you return to Thailand on the TM6 form as your visa number along with the place and date of issue. Immigration officer should then write that Feb 2005 date on your admit stamp. You are now set until the next extension as far as entry/visa is concerned.

You will be due to report your address 90 days after this entry. So if you return on July 4 you should report address the first week of October and every 90 days thereafter until you leave/return again. Time clock for 90 day reports starts anew each time you submit a TM6 card (entry). Other TM's such as extensions and the like do not count/reset the clock.