Demolition crews move in to demolish South Pattaya "boutique hotel"

webfact

Demolition crews move in to demolish South Pattaya "boutique hotel"

1am.jpg
Picture: STV Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Cranes, backhoes and demolition workers moved into Soi V.C. in South Pattaya yesterday to begin the dismantling of a 13 story hotel that defied building regulations.

The hotel - belonging to the Jomtien Holiday group is being razed at a cost of 2.9 million baht. The work is expected to take 6 months, reported STV Pattaya.

The case has dragged on in the courts after it was accepted that it had been illegally extended from seven floors to 13.

A property of 7 stories opposite may also be pulled down but has had a stay of execution as a possible solution is found. This was also illegally added to from five to seven floors.

Source: STV Pattaya

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-03

14 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Always amazes me how little it costs to demolish a place here....same on that building down at Ballihai Pier. 

Can' t begin to imagine what it would cost to take down a 13 story back home......the dynimite alone would cost that?

Actually I was thinking it seemed a lot!

Looked ready to fall down on its own.

• Like 1

The demolition company has probably figured out how much baht pocket-money it will gain from " recycling " the materials and fittings  to other building companies on top of the 2.9 million baht they are being paid. This is the only time they are interested in recycling is when there is baht involved.

Edited by xen
added an omitted word
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Balance said:

I doubt if there is a controlled explosion demolition firm in Thailand.  I think they take them down from the top by hand.

Yes I would expect so. 

And this price can easily employ hundreds of Cambodians for years. 

2.9 mil. Take away 800.000 for company and have 2 Mill to pay 300 baht day or 400 to allow for mgt costs.

Is that cheap?

Would dynemite be more or less expensive?

Not sure about nearby buildings ... 

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Always amazes me how little it costs to demolish a place here....same on that building down at Ballihai Pier. 

Can' t begin to imagine what it would cost to take down a 13 story back home......the dynimite alone would cost that?

Yes, but back home they would employ safety measures to try to avoid three or four demolition workers being killed when the structure collapses prematurely on top of them, which seems to happen quite often here either in the building process or in the demolition.

Safety measures cost money whereas life is cheap.

B2.9 million???    Must be a boutique demolition for that price.   

I can't see how it could cost so little, 26 weeks at a little over B100,000 per week.  B100,000 is only about US$3,000,  $500 a day for 6 days a week.   Working on B300 a day per worker, about $9.00, just over 50 workers, and that's BEFORE a profit is made by the demolition company.    

I can't see how it could possibly be done for that, by Cambodians or anybody.

Could it be B29 Million??    More realistic.

6 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Yes it does get rather tedious. Not everything or everybody is corrupt - these 'brown envelope' postings have become so cliched as to be derisory with no clear evidence to support the comment. 

ROFL

2 hours ago, ginjag said:

So many examples,  WHAT ABOUT  View Talay  Jomptien,  and others built directly in front of other condo's,  Majestic condo Jomptien,   block built directly in front of,  no notification of intent--blocked the view 4th floor,  no sorry or compensation.      EXPLAIN  Pattaya City Council.......rules for some not for others

U can block others  as long as the building permit matches the number of floors.building permit for a 7 story building and a building permit for a 30 story building is not the same.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Yes it does get rather tedious. Not everything or everybody is corrupt - these 'brown envelope' postings have become so cliched as to be derisory with no clear evidence to support the comment. 

Ever heard of 'tongue-in cheek'? Lighten up.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

U can block others  as long as the building permit matches the number of floors.building permit for a 7 story building and a building permit for a 30 story building is not the same.

I think what is true and what happens is a different kettle of fish.

Bad news for our soon-to-be castrated members, or ex members:

On 7/31/2013 at 6:15 PM, 2169 said:
  On 7/31/2013 at 7:59 AM, Gsxrnz said:

I'll bet both my nuts that the buildings will still be standing in 7 years, never mind 7 days.

I'm with u on this mate

The original threads were full of the usual ace TVF Colorectal Examiners, tea money choristers, and brown envelope bots.

On July 31, 2013 EyesWideOpen said:

Anybody who has been in Thailand for a while knows this building will

NOT be demolished. This threat is simply the endplay in extracting the

proper amount of money in a brown envelope....

But you can't win with a Chorister or a Bot. If it's not demolished, it's tea money. If it is demolished, it's lack of tea money. And of course it was built illegally in the first place because of tea money. In Tea Money We Trust.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2