Man injured in fall from Chiang Mai’s old wall

webfact

Man injured in fall from Chiang Mai’s old wall
By The Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- An unidentified Asian believed to be a foreign tourist was severely injured falling off the historic wall remnant at Tha Phae Gate in downtown Chiang Mai late Tuesday night, police said.

Passers-by noticed the man lying unconscious on the north-side sidewalk at the foot of the two-metre-high wall just after midnight.

Police and rescuers took the man to Chiang Mai Hospital. He was carrying no identification documents.

Residents said they had seen a man walking along the footpath atop the wall in violation of a municipal order temporarily prohibiting such activity after a rainfall because the path can be dangerous when slippery. A warning sign appears on the stairs leading to the top.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314096

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-03

'A warning sign appears on the stairs leading to the top.'

Only a warning sign yet it is prohibited to walk the path after rain? Something wrong here. You would have to be unlucky not to survive a two metre drop.

I notice THAIS on the "sacred walls" at the northwest corner taking hiso shots of thai

girls dressed lanna style in evening--ignoring the signs demonizing the tourists to keep off.

Also see the chinese climbing on TP gate walls during the day--they just seem oblivious to life..

Anyhoo...:coffee1:

On 5/4/2017 at 10:56 AM, worgeordie said:

Slippery path,more likely too much to drink.

regards worgeordie

Ah indeed , too much drink is surely the slippery road to damnation .   Good Lord where did I get that from , I think I need a drink.

Ah indeed , too much drink is surely the slippery road to damnation .   Good Lord where did I get that from , I think I need a drink.

You're right !

Alcohol is the work of the devil !!

My god it's contagious, pass me the vodka !!

13 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Slippery path

regards worgeordie

On 04/05/2017 at 8:25 AM, themerg said:

Disrespectful Bastard got his.  What comes around goes around.  Give him a 25000 Baht fine and 1 month of community service.

Full of the milk of human kindness....let's hope nothing comes round your way.

Joe