Department Of Land Transportation - Printer Broken?

kdrayong

Did anybody pay for the annual tax at Chonburi Department Of Land Transportation Banglamung recently?

I did it last week by an agent in Pattaya. They returned the motorbike book, the new tax sticker and the confirmation slip that the tax was paid.
However, the new line that states 'tax paid from 01/05/60 to 30/04/61' was not printed into the book.

After I complained about that, the agent answered that the book printer of the Transportation Office is broken since a while and no car- or motorbike-books could be printed. The police would accept the payment slip (that states 'paid until 30/04/61') anytime.

Is this true or did the agent just try to convince me by this story and is too lazy to go there again? If not true, I intend to go to the police.
TIA for your answers.

On the 18th April it was working ok - if you mean the one by Regents school.

What has happened since then no idea.

Is it just the date missing or the whole line in the green book?

You have the official receipt to show the police on the (unlikely) chance they want to see evidence of Tax being paid

So no big deal,displaying the up to date disc on the vehicle also shows you have paid as you can't get one without the other.

You could go along to Big C south Pattaya on saturday mornings and get the mini DLT office there to print your green book update.

no big deal, if you have your car 'financed' the book is kept at the bank until you make the whole payments,

the bank could do the renewal and send new photocopies of the page to you, or you could find way to pay the tax yourselves and 'update' the book once in your possession like a bank book

same with online paying, you could pay them, they mail you the tax disc and receipt, your green/blue book is blank for the year until you take it to update it at a later date.