4th SETV from PP

I've spoke with a travel agency recently and they said they could get me a 4th Thai visa from the PP embassy.

The new rules they have say they might want an interview if they're back to back, but no specific number is given. My visas were issued in 2014, 2015, and 2016 so not back to back.

Also, they said I can show bank statement instead of flight out of Thailand since my visa doesn't expire until August and they'll say I'm getting bus back.

Has anyone heard of anyone having success with this before. I don't want to apply and make plans if it's definitely a 3 max rule.

2 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

If I was you I would go my self and not pay them to do it for you as you won't have any issues getting issued a visa since your last 1 was in 2016  you will be okay.

Thanks but Cambodian buses don't agree with my back and want to cripple me.

That okay then if you can't go yourself but you will have no issues getting 1 issued .

People just trying to scare you and probably ask for more money for some issue that will come up, but with what you have said there should be no issues at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

If I was you I would go my self and not pay them to do it for you as you won't have any issues getting issued a visa since your last 1 was in 2016  you will be okay.

I agree with this. While using an agent is convenient, if there are any issues, you end up wasting time. In clear cut cases, you can immediately use an agent for the lack of hassle. If there are any doubts, apply yourself. Once the consulate agrees to give you the visa, you can use an agent at the consulate to cut the time down from the standard 4-day service, to next day or 3-day service, r if you wish.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

I agree with this. While using an agent is convenient, if there are any issues, you end up wasting time. In clear cut cases, you can immediately use an agent for the lack of hassle. If there are any doubts, apply yourself. Once the consulate agrees to give you the visa, you can use an agent at the consulate to cut the time down from the standard 4-day service, to next day or 3-day service, r if you wish.

Couldn't disagree more.The agencies pay ' tea money ' to the embassy, which increases your chances of being issued a 4th.Much more likely to be refused if you go yourself.I had 4 or 5 in my old passport ,all through agency.The agent showed me a British passport that had seven back-to-back TV all from PP in it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Couldn't disagree more.The agencies pay ' tea money ' to the embassy, which increases your chances of being issued a 4th.Much more likely to be refused if you go yourself.I had 4 or 5 in my old passport ,all through agency.The agent showed me a British passport that had seven back-to-back TV all from PP in it.

I know that is the conventional wisdom, but experience suggests otherwise. If you do not have onward flight tickets and hotel reservations, the agent will fake those for you, and that may be a reason to use an agent. If the consulate requires financial proof, you will need to provide it whether using an agent or not. The "tea money" (when paid) is for expediting the issuing of the visa. Tea money is not paid for issuing the visa in the regular 4 days. In borderline cases, the agent cannot get the visa, but you can if applying in person. The agent will explain this as "the consulate want you to go for interview". Translation: the visa application was rejected, but you may get it if you apply in person. I speak from experience.

• Like 1

with ur history u will have ZERO trouble getting another Thai visa in PP

they are ONLY concerned with back to back visas

An agent will charge you $50-55 ( visa is $40) for ur visa in 3 days but add in 4 tuk tuk rides ( at $2 each ) and waiting 2 times its well worth it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2017 at 8:55 AM, phuketrichard said:

with ur history u will have ZERO trouble getting another Thai visa in PP

they are ONLY concerned with back to back visas

An agent will charge you $50-55 ( visa is $40) for ur visa in 3 days but add in 4 tuk tuk rides ( at $2 each ) and waiting 2 times its well worth it.

what is a back to back visa exactly?

Thanks