Bangkok governor gives the thumbs up for Bangkok's street food

webfact

Bangkok governor gives the thumbs up for Bangkok's street food

2pm.jpg

Picture: Voice TV

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok governor Asawin Khwanmeuang descended on Chinatown yesterday to celebrate the diversity of Bangkok's street food.

His entourage were saying how popular the street food is in Bangkok as well as how hygienic and healthy, reported Voice TV.

The press were invited to celebrate the municipality's establishment up of a special zone in Yaowarat between the Chalermburi and Ratchawong intersections where traders can set up their stalls.

He said that street food was a major tourist attraction. One of the places he was picture was a cart selling Shark's fin and Bird's nest soup.

The Voice TV article did not mention the city's plans to clear up food vendors from many of the capital's streets that has caused such debate in recent weeks.

Source: Voice TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-05

This guy, and many more like him, display the reason nepotism doesn't work......in positions they have no idea about...making decisions that kids could well do a better job at...and the taxpayer pays!

"His entourage were saying how popular the street food is in Bangkok as well as how hygienic and healthy, ".....otherwise translated as"come spend all your lovely lovely tourist money"

But the government are saying they want to protect us from the unhygienic conditions. :huh:

"One of the places he was picture was a cart selling Shark's fin and Bird's nest soup."

Insanity on its best !

This is one of the most cruel things against animals happening on the planet but obviously some people think it's ok ....

The de-humanisation of mankind is unbelievable.

It's getting more insane every day !

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

He said that street food was a major tourist attraction!!

Last week they wanted to ban all street food.

Is this another case of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing?

More a case of neither hand knowing what they're doing Colin!

But not knowing doesn't stop them doing something - hence the huge amounts of official U-Turns when the pennies drop,

But Mrs, BB tells me action is better than farang - we think much too long and always err on the negative side 555!

2 hours ago, petermik said:

The left hand doesn,t know what the right one,s doing :whistling:

normal here :clap2:

Oh they know what they're doing. Walk around most of Bangkok these days and you see none of the old street vendors -- that's what the BMA wants. But while imposing that strategy on most of the city, they pull PR crap like this to keep the press from turning the "Bangkok is getting rid of street food" story from going viral again. 

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

The left hand doesn't even know what it is doing!

How can you also expect it to know what the right hand is doing?

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

He said that street food was a major tourist attraction!!

Last week they wanted to ban all street food.

No they didn't want to ban all street food, although that made a nice headline, a helping of fake news. They want to control it and establish it in places where it doesn't force people to step into the road if they want to walk anywhere.

No they didn't want to ban all street food, although that made a nice headline, a helping of fake news. They want to control it and establish it in places where it doesn't force people to step into the road if they want to walk anywhere.

I think its got more to do with control and payment of tax to throw in the big man's coffers to be honest.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

6 minutes ago, Thongkorn said:

Hygienic, healthy, The guys having a laugh. Food waste thrown all around , drains blocked with fat, rats running around after the food waste yep healthy  and hygienic.

I don't hear the rats complaining :smile:

If you worry about the street food here, don't ever go to India :sick:

4 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Surely shark fin soup is illegal, and bird's nest soup? yuk, what is wrong with people?

Nope, sadly, shark's fin isn't illegal, even in Singapore where most things are.

As a (ex) diver I won't patronise places that sell it. I never actually saw the scenes but enough photos are available on-line to put one off the stuff forever (it's not like it tastes particularly nice anyway).

21 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

This guy, and many more like him, display the reason nepotism doesn't work......in positions they have no idea about...making decisions that kids could well do a better job at...and the taxpayer pays!

...but, those street vendors...do they pay tax?

9 hours ago, janpharma said:

...but, those street vendors...do they pay tax?

Why should everyone working automatically pay tax, most workers in Thailand cannot afford to pay tax.

Do you think the workers in 7-11 pay tax? You must earn around 150.000 baht per year to pay tax.:post-4641-1156693976:

There is many millions of so called low income self employed workers that earn far more than 150,000bt per annum and have no intention of paying tax. They want the state to give, but dont want to give tax to the state. (Not suprised when they blow it on a submarine.)

The last time I spoke with a tax inspector, he told me the basic tax was only 3%.

On 2017-5-5 at 9:42 PM, Thongkorn said:

Hygienic, healthy, The guys having a laugh. Food waste thrown all around , drains blocked with fat, rats running around after the food waste yep healthy  and hygienic.

Honestly, I've never been sick from eating street food anywhere in Thailand.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen thoug.