Renewing my ext of stay for 1 yr when I have an existing re-entry permit in PP

My current ext of stay based on employment expires on 8th June. Work told me that they want to arrange another 12 month contract with WP. 

We are going abroad for a holiday 20th May and back in early june (2nd). A month or so ago I paid for a 're-entry permit' which is valid to the 8th June. 

Does it matter if I go back to immigration before I go away and get the 12 month ext of stay- does it impact the existing re-entry permit? Or should I just get the WP done before I go away and get the 12 month ext of stay done when I get back on the 2nd June. 

I don't want to nullify the re-entry permit. 

thanks

If you get a new one year extension your current re-entry permit would be invalid since it was issued for a different permit to stay date.

I think getting your extension after you return from your trip could be risky since you will have less than 6 days to get it done. Best to get the extension and pay 1000 baht for a new single re-entry permit.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you get a new one year extension your current re-entry permit would be invalid since it was issued for a different permit to stay date.

I think getting your extension after you return from your trip could be risky since you will have less than 6 days to get it done. Best to get the extension and pay 1000 baht for a new single re-entry permit.

If I arrange the new work permit at the labour office before I go then that means that the day Im back to work we can take the new paperwork / contracts etc to immigration and get it the same day. It would take 2 hours. I can do that within the 6 days remaining. I think its plenty of time to be honest.