Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Was an awful question. That's 2 times we had questions up which have been impossible to answer.  I'm still investigating UWE Seeler actual goals scored some very dubious records about and given he's a German you'd think they were all singing the same hymn. I'm also looking at Toshack role in the 77 european cup run to see whether he contributed. Wilai you got any info on that?

Sorry it was too tough (not really!):wink:...but as previously mentioned, Carra mentioned it on TV and in the press before Champions League Final. Obviously no-one other than my goodself was watching.

Anyway, as to Toshack. He played (and scored) against Crusaders during the 76/77 run,  played against Trabzonspor,  and played both legs against St Etienne. (I can still remember him setting up the 2nd goal for Ray Kennedy in the home leg)...... So the answer is yes, he certainly played his part in the run.

Edited by wilai

41 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Alan Ball , White ones , these are the only two who I can remember wearing non black boots.

Yes. Alan Ball; first worn in 1970 Charity Shield game. He was given a pair of Adidas sprayed white and the Hummel chevrons painted on. Ball was paid £2000. The manufacturers had 12,000 enquiries the following Monday.

You may have Marvin Hinton confused with Derby's Alan Hinton. He was paid a grand and was expecting a censure from his manager, Cloughie.

3 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Correct ,  You really are amazing , it's like you have the ability to press a button and presto you have the answers in front of you.

The Bolton team cost £110; 11 x £10 when they all signed on as professionals. 

• Like 1

Correct ,  You really are amazing , it's like you have the ability to press a button and presto you have the answers in front of you.

Thanks I am amazing, do you know who I am or where I am from? I guessed based on your last few questions were all based on the same premise.