Is it just me?

Is it just me or do other members think and worry about members that used to post but no longer do?

Are they all ok?

Why do I worry about so many people who I have never met?

Anyone else feel the same as me?

Good-natured people tend to do that.  Though I'm new here, I'm on several technical forums frequented by mostly older tradesmen and the like.  It's sometimes surprising to realize how many years I've been on and followed certain people.  Perhaps 4-6 passed away (confirmed) and an equal number just vanished.   I've only met about 4 people from various forums in person, and was never disappointed.

I was only thinking of Costas last night. Hope he's ok.

On another completely unrelated forum, one of the mods has Kidney issues.

Don't know him, but kind of 'worry' about him.

At least we have compassion....

Yes like them or hate them some of the Members become parts of out community and it is nice to know what happens.  Sadly someone said Costas died , I hope not so if anyone sees a Greek flag flying please let me know.

Cheer up Boys.....weegee is still around....:cheesy:

Does anyone know if Pigeon jake is ok?

Transam is still drinking that horrible Chang....who would have thought.

And dont forget, some members have changed to a new Username (or four)...

Edited by weegee

I asked the same question a while back when a chap popped up out of the blue to explain he'd hurt his arm or something and it did seem like a TV exodus but slowly I am seeing more buoyancy here I think?

Saw my old mate hottrader77 in the thick of it on here today who has given me a few chuckles and what more do you want?

Roo860 is still in the game too and as bad as his taste in football, TV Is a better place with him.

I'm currently wondering where Ardokano went I liked his posts.  Not seen too much of possum 1931 of late but not to worry his username is not indicative of his age.

The guy I want to hear from most had one of those generic names like just another farang so there is a few of these but this guy had a school for 16 years and immigration were circling his classroom. I want to know the outcome. Did he get legit is he ok?

But the one the oddest one who just went awol was a chap named JJGREEN he exploded on the scene and then vanished.

Edited by Rc2702

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

SoiBiker and SaintLouisBlues have disappeared, always liked their posts !

Soi biker that man liked a rally and a half and he even totted up the scores to suit him and made me laugh in the process I am saddened that I forgot him Andy he was the main man for a game of squash.

Edited by Rc2702
Taarser

I can't believe Meadish Sweetball disappeared, seemjngly without trace. He was the mod for the Thai language forum, he seemed very settled in Thailand. I do wonder what happened to him.

Costas dead? I do hope that's not true. I always hoped to bump into him at Tesco's one day.

Over the years I have seen many posters names disappear into the ether. I don't post much myself but I do lurk and the number of true regular posters seems to have gone down greatly. Even the number of topics seems fewer, with many topics lasting a week or more. That did not used to be the case as there was so much going on.  I haven't seen Neverdie in a long time but then he buggered off on a boat I seem to recall. He was good for a laugh. Patsycat used to post much more regularly, Streetcowboy, Smokie, et al. I think that bookshop fellow disappeared back to the states- Ulysses Grant or something like that.  

6 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Over the years I have seen many posters names disappear into the ether. I don't post much myself but I do lurk and the number of true regular posters seems to have gone down greatly. Even the number of topics seems fewer, with many topics lasting a week or more. That did not used to be the case as there was so much going on.  I haven't seen Neverdie in a long time but then he buggered off on a boat I seem to recall. He was good for a laugh. Patsycat used to post much more regularly, Streetcowboy, Smokie, et al. I think that bookshop fellow disappeared back to the states- Ulysses Grant or something like that.  

I'm still here, but I miss my friends.

Some just post much less (Villagefarang, for example), some have been banned, and others moved on to greener pastures, either figuratively or literally

SC

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

Neverdie?....I am pretty sure he passed away a while ago....Neversure is still on the missing list,,,lol...boy could he get a Topic going.

Colin would be able to update on Costas....I believe he's ok - it would be sad to learn otherwise....

I miss the helpful, glib, genuine, & funny ones....

I don't miss the irritants, baiters, squabblers, or holier posters....

I believe Neverdie is no longer with us....

pgrahmm  says i can update on Costas, unfortunately i cant.

I have not seen or heard from Costas in a while, after reading this thread i phoned him 5 times using my phone and the wifes phone.

The phone rings but nobody answers.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

pgrahmm  says i can update on Costas, unfortunately i cant.

I have not seen or heard from Costas in a while, after reading this thread i phoned him 5 times using my phone and the wifes phone.

The phone rings but nobody answers.

Thanks Colin for the update.....

The last I remember he'd gotten a smart phone & his wife was going to work as a nurse in Pattaya....

Hope they're ok....

52 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

The last I remember he'd gotten a smart phone & his wife was going to work as a nurse in Pattaya....

Hope they're ok....

I have his email address somewhere. Might try to find it.

Some i do miss,i myself did not post for sometime as i was in New guinea, for the last time,that was a hellish trip,though profitable,others i have to say i am very glad they no longer post on here,as i like posts with a bit of wit and humour, and i can take constructive criticism, but so of the holier than thou types ,well i don't miss them. whereyoustay was very amusing ,as was Mr Toad,and varied others who were actually amusing,that's my main gripe now not enough wit on here.

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Some i do miss,i myself did not post for sometime as i was in New guinea, for the last time,that was a hellish trip,though profitable,others i have to say i am very glad they no longer post on here,as i like posts with a bit of wit and humour, and i can take constructive criticism, but so of the holier than thou types ,well i don't miss them. whereyoustay was very amusing ,as was Mr Toad,and varied others who were actually amusing,that's my main gripe now not enough wit on here.

Couldn't agree more with you....Few years ago, I couldnt wait to sit down and read the humour that some fellas came up with....

Especially on Saturdays after a few went out , the night before....Unfortunately thats gone now.

• 7 months later...
On 11/05/2017 at 12:23 PM, pgrahmm said:

Hope they're ok....

Costas has moved back to Greece after 10 years in Thailand.

I only discovered The Dark Lord shortly before he left to go back to his home country and I haven't read anything from him since. I just wish I'd found his contributions sooner, but if he is still with us and reading this, I wish him well.

I'm sure some don't contribute because they just have better things to do, or move somewhere they can't get on the internet.

I got suspended on a different forum when they became too PC and I couldn't be bothered going back on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2017 at 2:39 PM, GarryP said:

Sad news GarryP. I just read today that Patsy passed away in November from the cancer that she had been suffering from for a while.Her humorous and lively posts were always worth a read. Here is a link

https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/277135-patsycat-rip.html