Is it just me?

20 minutes ago, bannork said:

Sad news GarryP. I just read today that Patsy passed away in November from the cancer that she had been suffering from for a while.Her humorous and lively posts were always worth a read. Here is a link

https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/277135-patsycat-rip.html

Yes, very sad news. I did not know that she was ill. Her posts will be missed.

Sad news GarryP. I just read today that Patsy passed away in November from the cancer that she had been suffering from for a while.Her humorous and lively posts were always worth a read. Here is a link

Sad news about patsycat.

Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 09/05/2017 at 2:39 PM, GarryP said:

Over the years I have seen many posters names disappear into the ether. I don't post much myself but I do lurk and the number of true regular posters seems to have gone down greatly. Even the number of topics seems fewer, with many topics lasting a week or more. That did not used to be the case as there was so much going on.  I haven't seen Neverdie in a long time but then he buggered off on a boat I seem to recall. He was good for a laugh. Patsycat used to post much more regularly, Streetcowboy, Smokie, et al. I think that bookshop fellow disappeared back to the states- Ulysses Grant or something like that.  

I haven't seen Mig16 for a while either.

On a welding forum I had an acquaintance who vanished after a number of years of activity.  We did a bit of private messaging and a few phone calls.  He even sent me a tool one time for free.  I did a bit of searching and found:  " Investigators are describing the suspected gunman responsible for killing his wife, unborn child, one police officer, and wounding another officer early Thursday as a “violent, dangerous man...

Yep, that was him.  We exchanged a couple private messages about 12 hours prior to the incident. 

On 5/9/2017 at 2:56 PM, StreetCowboy said:

I'm still here, but I miss my friends.

Some just post much less (Villagefarang, for example), some have been banned, and others moved on to greener pastures, either figuratively or literally

SC

Mr.Toad and Smokie were moved on, and are both better than ever.

Rather than greener pastures they now frequent more mango pastures and am happy to say Fletch sees them regularly in real life and in forum Cheers

Fletch :smile:

Edited by fletchsmile

On 1/9/2018 at 3:03 PM, bannork said:

Very sad to hear that Patsycat passed away. I always enjoyed her perspectives here and on other forums.

R.I.P, 

Cheers to Patsycat

Fletch :sad:

Edited by fletchsmile

Hutch should remember the character I've forgotten. He used to be a bass player in a band in Scotland and was often on any music thread slagging off nearly every band and singer except the country singer George Jones and The Byrds. I can't remember his name but I've noticed he's stopped posting. Trans will remember him for sure.

What was his name?

3 hours ago, bannork said:

Hutch should remember the character I've forgotten. He used to be a bass player in a band in Scotland and was often on any music thread slagging off nearly every band and singer except the country singer George Jones and The Byrds. I can't remember his name but I've noticed he's stopped posting. Trans will remember him for sure.

What was his name?

Do you mean Possum1931 ?

Whatever happened to ElGordo or Khon Kaen Dave ?

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

Do you mean Possum1931 ?

Whatever happened to ElGordo or Khon Kaen Dave ?

That's right Andrew. I see the possum is still active, just not posting on the music threads. Not surprising really.

Khon Kaen Dave's last post was in August. It seems he had a few run- ins with Jingting  who's very pc so he might have changed his name or gone over to the other website which has the advantage of no pc. Its downside though is abuse from idiots.

12 minutes ago, bannork said:

That's right Andrew. I see the possum is still active, just not posting on the music threads. Not surprising really.

Khon Kaen Dave's last post was in August. It seems he had a few run- ins with Jingting  who's very pc so he might have changed his name or gone over to the other website which has the advantage of no pc. Its downside though is abuse from idiots.

Yeah, it's a brave man who picks a fight with JT !