Reporters barred from Kushner Companies' visa-for-investment event in China

webfact

3 hours ago, mike324 said:

As much as I dislike Trump, I don't see the point of blaming Trump. The program has been around a while, what his family is doing is nothing illegal - its just business. Its a private event so don't see why they need to let in reporters. There are bigger things to go after Trump with.  

You're right, he should have presented this event himself in stead of sending his SIL.

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Many of us feel speechless everyday watching 45.

But it's not as if he didn't make it clear what a totally corrupt con man clown he was in his previous life and campaign.

A lot of the blame sadly needs to go to Americans for electing him, even with a minority vote. Now the task is to try to stop the madness. 

Yes your right the clown crusader never appeared after the election only the clown. What is that clown song again??

55 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You're right, he should have presented this event himself in stead of sending his SIL.

His SIL never attended the event, the sister did. The pictures are indeed a little misleading if you don't read whole article carefully. What the sister did wrong was mentioning her brothers name as an influence to get the chinese folks to invest.

I cross check with other articles, SIL indeed was never there as he has separated his own business interest and put in some trust.

23 minutes ago, mike324 said:

His SIL never attended the event, the sister did. The pictures are indeed a little misleading if you don't read whole article carefully. What the sister did wrong was mentioning her brothers name as an influence to get the chinese folks to invest.

I cross check with other articles, SIL indeed was never there as he has separated his own business interest and put in some trust.

Thanks for that.

I don't believe in the 'has separated by putting in a trust' claim, but it looks good on paper.

Edited by stevenl

No wonder these families 'gravitated' together. I am unsure the Kushner's are any better, maybe worse than the Trumps.

It seems all was not quite so innocent. Kushner's sister didn't just mention that her brother was now on the Whitehouse Administration, she put up a photo of the President. Kushner companies spokesmen have now apologized saying Mrs Meyer (nee Kushner) never intended to influence Chinese investors by showing them the picture of POTUS. How much BS is that?

Have a good read, it seems this deal is also as seedy as they get. Kushner's sister is asking for investment and advertising a plan that is DOUBLE the size of the plans they have submitted for approval to New Jersey. lmao. They really are all a bag of snakes.

When Jared Kushner’s sister took the stage in two Chinese ballrooms over the weekend to urge investors to fund a New Jersey development through a controversial visa program, she mentioned her brother’s role in the White House and displayed a photo of President Donald Trump. It was a not-so-subtle signal that hers is a family company with connections.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-08/kushner-project-touted-by-sister-in-china-is-in-trouble-at-home

On 5/9/2017 at 3:19 PM, stevenl said:

Thanks for that.

I don't believe in the 'has separated by putting in a trust' claim, but it looks good on paper.

I agree, in the end it is still the Trumps family and they can easily get back on board once they are not public servants. The family has been abusing their positions and titles.