Driver's out of body experience as he credits amulet with miraculous escape

webfact

9 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

And you say a semi hermit monk gave you this amulet worth 800,000/1,000,000 baht? I cant imagine a semi hermit monk giving away an amulet even if it worth20 baht.Are you an aging hippy that still listens to floyd and the Moody blues. You say that people look at it and start up conversations with you. I would make sure none of those people followed me up the street. Do you honestly want me to believe that people dont want to cut your throat to obtain such a fantastical monetary prize. I wouldn't be flashing it about if i were you,i would be keeping it in a very safe place,unless, of course this is all BS.

Your pal KKD

Yes, at immigration while doing a 90 day report the officer suddenly left his seat after staring at my amulet and returned with a large bag of his own and proceeded to lay them all out in front of me (making everybody else wait) explaining the virtue of each one, he told me to keep mine hidden beneath my shirt.

The semi-hermit (i say semi because he has now built a wat from donations) is connected to my village and is highly respected and is visited a lot. He used to be at our wat as a young man but was thrown out but not defrocked because of theft of temple funds. He wandered off to the mountains (hills really) and lived alone after building a hut from bamboo. He was supported with food from the local villagers who were pleased to have a monk with them as there was no wat nearby. He decided to reform himself and be a real monk and gained so much respect in the area that when one of the princesses visited the area she was led to him and spoke with him a long time,she then gave him the exclusive right to the use of one side of the hill/mountain. A very laid back man,around 50 years old now. I went with a large group of villagers some 10 years ago before he built the wat (not finished yet) to visit him, all sat in font of his small building and simply waited, he came out smoking a cigarette, ''Whats up ? what's all this about,got nothing better to do"? He sat there making jokes and talking with the villagers and one by one they approached him and explained their troubles and asked for advice, more like a citizens advice office than a service, my wife also approached him,dragging me with her and asked his advice,he looked at me intensely for a few moments,got up and went back into his shack and brought out the amulet to aaah's and oooh's of the villagers and gave it to me which i unceremoniously stuck into my pocket. My wife has now had it encased in a gold frame and it hangs around my neck on a simple chain.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8.5.2017 at 11:03 AM, Bluespunk said:

I'm certainly slapping my head at the whole 'are you wearing an amulet?'  angle to the story.

i know of a confirmed case in my home country where the driver crashed into a parked vehicle his driving cabin / upper part ( where the two front seats are ) was completely crashed ... the driver suddenly found himself on the backseat..stepping out the car with no scratches  but absolutly surprised ( as the bystanders ) ....no joke its confirmed....but also no amulets involved ( no buddhist country and i dont know if the driver was religious in any way only a good man who saved many lifes himself as a doctor ) good kamma as thus works everywhere in universe

Just now, free123 said:

i know of a confirmed case in my home country where the driver crashed into a parked vehicle his driving cabin / upper part ( where the two front seats are ) was completely crashed ... the driver suddenly found himself on the backseat..stepping out the car with no scratches  but absolutly surprised ( as the bystanders ) ....no joke its confirmed....but also no amulets involved ( no buddhist country and i dont know if the driver was religious in any way only a good man who saved many lifes himself as a doctor ) good kamma as thus works everywhere in universe

He was lucky.

It happens, people don't always die.

It's random and if you are the lucky one, it's great.

But it's luck and nothing else.

Though great car design helps of course.