Address-Reporting??? Scenarios! Please help!

I hope anybody can clarify below rumors / talk going around:

1) Any condo-owner arriving on 30 day-exemption rule must report within 24 hours and notify his address to immigration in person, even so he has done so already at immigration  / TM-card?

True?  or please elaborate....

2) Any condo-owner arriving from abroad on Tourist- or Non-Immigrant Visa must report within 24 hours and notify his address to immigration in person, even so he has done so already at immigration  / TM-card?

True? or please elaborate...

3)  Anybody arriving from abroad with a Re-Entry Stamp on Retirement Extension must report within 24 hours and notify his address to immigration in person, even so he has done so already at immigration  / TM-card?

True? or please elaborate...

4) Does the 90 day reporting-period still re-start after having left the country and returning the 90 days re-start the day of new entry?

Thank you so much for some of the competent people here clarifying this for everybody.  Have a great day!   MS>

#2 Was true at Jomtien a couple months ago - but one recent report saying. "...only if you've been away more than a month" - and before those policies, it was, "Do it one time, then only again if you move,"  and before that, it was never enforced at all.   The last instructions they gave me were to report immediately upon any travel, which I will do until they tell me to do otherwise.

One law states that if you leave your Province for more than 24 hours, you have to re-report when returning.  But the TM-28 rules are being mixed-up with the TM-30 rules in documents and enforcement procedures - though only the TM-30 form is being used - which adds to the confusion.

Bottom line, it varies by immigration-office and over time.  Bangkok still doesn't enforce TM-30s at all for condo-owners (that I have heard of).  So just ask them what they want at your local-office, and go from there.

You report 90 days from your arrival back in the country.

As for reporting a TM30 with Immigration within 24 hours.

If you have done one TM30 and your address has not changed at all then I do not see a necessity for a duplicate. However, this is Thailand and I am unsure of this. However it is the Hotel or whomever is the owner' responsibility to report, not yours. If you own your own condo or house then it is your responsibility!

Edited by Sumarianson

21 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

#2 Was true at Jomtien a couple months ago - but one recent report saying. "...only if you've been away more than a month" - and before those policies, it was, "Do it one time, then only again if you move,"  and before that, it was never enforced at all.   The last instructions they gave me were to report immediately upon any travel, which I will do until they tell me to do otherwise.

One law states that if you leave your Province for more than 24 hours, you have to re-report when returning.  But the TM-28 rules are being mixed-up with the TM-30 rules in documents and enforcement procedures - though only the TM-30 form is being used - which adds to the confusion.

Bottom line, it varies by immigration-office and over time.  Bangkok still doesn't enforce TM-30s at all for condo-owners (that I have heard of).  So just ask them what they want at your local-office, and go from there.

Thank you all. It seems that the 24 hour reporting of address rule  for owners, if he uses his house/condo  himself, or for owners to notify if he has guest is valid and being enforced. No matter what visa you are on. 

From now on the first trip will be to immigration, the day after arrival. Thanks for all info. The office to do so is left side coming into Pattaya office, with a very friendly and supportive young lady helping and accepting forms.  MS>

TM-30 

13 minutes ago, Jacksped said:

I'm working as a teacher in southern thailand, the school just informed.us that we have to file every time we leave the city for more than 24 hours or be fined.  

Southern Thailand has more than one immigration office, I believe. What immigration office are you talking about?

The one in Nakhon si Thammarat, the school said it would.be a fine of at least 1,600 baht for not reporting to immigration.

Some of the new teachers that just arrived from other countries.have been fined already as they took too long to get to Nakhon. So report when you arrive within 24 hours, and report every time you step outside the city for more than 24 hours.

• Like 1

In Bangkok, have had a new passport and  new arrival cards, have never updated my info with my APT building managment. Have never been given any trouble with extensions or 90 day reports.

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

OP, it is yes to all, but some Immigration offices want the TM.30 when you return from anywhere, some only when you return from abroad, some only when you return from abroad after a specific interval, some don't want it all, some may want it today but not tomorrow or from one foreigner but not from the next.

Perfect clarity as always from immigration department! 

My own experience at Jomtien on last re-entry was TM30 required when returning from trip outside country, but not necessary when travelling within Thailand.

Good thread.  Here is my situation.  USA Passport.  Currently have a work permit, with 90 day visa.  Will get 1 year visa in July when 90 days expires.   Leaving LOS for 10 days on May 26th.  Will get a 1 time reentry permit upon departure.  Do I need to file form TM30 when I return on June 8th, or within 24 hours of arrival back in LOS?    I am certain that landlord filed TM30 upon rental, and Foundation I volunteer at handles all work permit/visa processes.    Thanks in advance!  

14 minutes ago, TwoShipps said:

Good thread.  Here is my situation.  USA Passport.  Currently have a work permit, with 90 day visa.  Will get 1 year visa in July when 90 days expires.   Leaving LOS for 10 days on May 26th.  Will get a 1 time reentry permit upon departure.  Do I need to file form TM30 when I return on June 8th, or within 24 hours of arrival back in LOS?    I am certain that landlord filed TM30 upon rental, and Foundation I volunteer at handles all work permit/visa processes.    Thanks in advance!  

The TM30 should be filed within 24 hours of arriving back at your place of residence, as informed on your TM6, not 24 hours of arrival in LOS.

Whether you are required to file a TM30 when re-entering will depend on your Immigration office.

Which office is it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dentonian said:

The TM30 should be filed within 24 hours of arriving back at your place of residence, as informed on your TM6, not 24 hours of arrival in LOS.

Whether you are required to file a TM30 when re-entering will depend on your Immigration office.

Which office is it?

Have processed everything at Immigration Division 1.  Live in Suan Luang area of Bangkok.  (On Nut)    Thank you dentonian! 

20 minutes ago, TwoShipps said:

Have processed everything at Immigration Division 1.  Live in Suan Luang area of Bangkok.  (On Nut)    Thank you dentonian! 

According to recent reports Bangkok are one of the offices that do not request a new TM30 filing when re-entering the Country.

Maybe UJ can confirm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoShipps said:

1 hour ago, dentonian said:

According to recent reports Bangkok are one of the offices that do not request a new TM30 filing when re-entering the Country.

Maybe UJ can confirm.

I don't recall any reports of Chaeng Wattana wanting TM30 form from anybody. They only enforce it for hotels and etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't recall any reports of Chaeng Wattana wanting TM30 form from anybody. They only enforce it for hotels and etc.

I stated do not Joe.

2 hours ago, dentonian said:

Maybe UJ can confirm.

12 hours ago, Jacksped said:

I'm working as a teacher in southern thailand, the school just informed.us that we have to file every time we leave the city for more than 24 hours or be fined.  

How would immigration know that you left the city and how would they know how long you spent out of the city?

In Phuket, I was informed by immigration that if my address hasn't changed, then no need to report again.

Edited by KarenBravo

Sorry if I'm in the wrong area here. Writing on behalf of my son. He's had 1 visa exempt and 3 tourist's visas over 8 months from August 2017. Anyone know his chances at the Phnom Phen embassy, or should he use an agent there? Thanks for up to date advice.

3 minutes ago, jimlek said:

Sorry if I'm in the wrong area here. Writing on behalf of my son. He's had 1 visa exempt and 3 tourist's visas over 8 months from August 2017. Anyone know his chances at the Phnom Phen embassy, or should he use an agent there? Thanks for up to date advice.

This is a fairly recent thread on that subject:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/979273-tourist-visa-phnom-penh/

Short story: As he has previous visas in his passport, he might need to be able to show proof of where he will stay in Thailand (bookings or rental-contract), plus a flight-ticket out, plus a bank account-statement of over 20K baht (but my agent told me over $1K USD is preferred).    See the other thread about agents.

You could add to the above thread or make a new one for more detail - this thread is about reporting one's address inside Thailand upon entry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I guess I should of written they never ask for a TM30 form at anytime.

Sorry Joe, slight misunderstanding, yes that's correct, plenty of expats reporting CW never request a TM30.

I directed the context of reply to Two Ships who specifically asked about re-entry only.    :jap:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

How would immigration know that you left the city and how would they know how long you spent out of the city?

In Phuket, I was informed by immigration that if my address hasn't changed, then no need to report again.

If you spend any time in hotels that has always required to report all guests foreign and Thai, they'd have filed a TM30 form with your name on it, they'd see that you've 'moved' to a hotel in a different city and if you didn't file yours when you get back, that's a fine.

But my understanding is that the fine is levied against the homeowner/householder, so it's up to your landlord, apartment owner to report you... unless it's your own condo of course...

and if you have a holding company that  you technically renting from... ? who knows