BKK TO UK

was checking flights from BKK to Heathrow (or Gatwick) , and all i seem to find is Malaysian air, short haul to Kuala Lumpur then an A380 for about 13 hours . this is for end of july, Question , what are my options, seemed i had many, flying from the uk like a 7hr then a 6hr flight, cant seem to find anything and is there a cheaper time of year to fly. (like in the UK) thanks in advance 

skyscanner  uk 536 pounds so far return ,, live here , is there a site where i can key in any time scale, but need to be in the uk for british super bikes on 6th August (got us keyboard cant find pound sign) lol, 

Edited by mercman24

I reread your post a couple of times and still not sure:

Do you prefer:

1) long haul flight (12h+) nonstop from Asia to London

2) connecting with the Arabs, flying 7h + 7h or so

Don't expect anything super cheap in July/August.

Even though Thailand is not a summer holiday destination it is still affected.

A couple of flights on skyscanner.com in the 640 to 660 GBP range.

Skyscanner sorts the flights by price and you can do all kinds of filtering/selection.

BA nonstop can be had for 677 e.g. (25 July to 9 August).

https://www.skyscanner.net/

14 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

post 2 why inconvenient, as it is on a A380 and overall a short flying time.  have i missed something ? just askin !! 

Because your journey starts flying 2 hours in the wrong direction. 

I always use EVA air (Taiwan airline) prices usually very good and I just looked around end of July with a return to BKK mid-August and they have fares starting around 27825 Baht (about stg620).

54 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

skyscanner  uk 536 pounds so far return ,, live here , is there a site where i can key in any time scale, but need to be in the uk for british super bikes on 6th August (got us keyboard cant find pound sign) lol, 

The EVA site lets you put in your dates then gives you a selection of flights around your choices, can also back and forth by 7 days to find the best price

thanks for the replies , will look at EVA but the extra  price is the cost of a hire car for one week he he, and 13 hours is still a good fly  time , 16 hours, total.  not being critical guys just looking for more pairs of eyes thanks. swings and roundabouts as it were  ta, yes MOD i did do the non stop once uk to bkk, never again i use to do the 7+ 7, found it more relaxing. not been back in 3 years now

Edited by mercman24

On 5/9/2017 at 11:18 AM, mercman24 said:

Just returned from UK using Malaysian Air. Good fast connections in KL, good service on board and would recommend - A380 the best as always but BKK to KL a small 737.

Plus point is they use T4 at LHR so away from the main (and often busy) other terminals

thanks MOD -- RANT TIME once again GOTOGATE  trying to rip me off last time i had 460 uk pounds, it went to 530 when i went to book, this time i find a qater flight only 13 pounds more, yep sounds good, they say you pay 552-75, when i went to pay it said you pay, 597-77. i did not book any extras, what is it with this lot of con merchants