PM Prayut instructs MOE to review educational curriculum

webfact

PM instructs MOE to review educational curriculum

BANGKOK, 9 May 2017 (NNT) – The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education (MOE) disclosed that the Prime Minister had instructed the MOE to review the country's education curriculum in order to ensure that students respond well to it, while education of the English language must be also enhanced to reduce disparities. 

MOE Permanent Secretary Chaiyapruek Serirak disclosed that Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha chaired a meeting of the strategic administration committee and the MOE presented its national strategic education management, constitutional education management and support for private schools. 

The Prime Minister believes that the most important mechanism is the teacher, so teachers must constantly improve themselves and adjust their teaching methods by learning with the students along with pursuit of technology, he said. 

The premier also asked the MOE to review the country's curriculum in order to ensure that it can increase students’ knowledge, improve society and enhance the country’s potential, said the MOE Permanent Secretary. 

The Prime Minister went on to say that English is important and it can reduce disparities, so it is necessary to improve English teaching.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-09

Cancel the submarine order and that for Chinese tanks; take this money and install A/C in every classroom in Thailand.  There will still be enough left to reward effective teachers not those who bought their jobs and merely occupy space in the classroom.

It is interesting that the PM needs to "instruct" the Ministry of Education to review the "educational curriculum".

One would assume that this might be something the MoEd would be accustomed to doing all on their own.

Thankfully the PM is on hand to "instruct" everyone.

It is interesting that the PM needs to "instruct" the Ministry of Education to review the "educational curriculum".

One would assume that this might be something the MoEd would be accustomed to doing all on their own.

Thankfully the PM is on hand to "instruct" everyone.

I don't recall the previous elected government doing anything about the educational system huge deficiencies. Passed the cynicism you've got to admit that at least he's trying.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

PM calls for review of education system
By The Nation

3ddf46a3e3ad6f8838f71b1d56e16bd9.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha instructed the Education Ministry to review the country's education curriculum to ensure that students respond well to it, the ministry’s permanent secretary Chaiyapruek Serirak has said.

Speaking in a meeting of the strategic administration committee chaired by PM Prayut on Monday, the premier asked the Education Ministry to review the country's curriculum to ensure that it can increase students’ knowledge, improve society and enhance the country’s potential, said Chaiyapruek. 

In the meeting, the Education Ministry presented its plans for national strategic education management, constitutional education management and support for private schools. 

Chaiyapruek said the PM believed that the most important mechanism was the teacher, so teachers must constantly improve themselves and adjust their teaching methods by learning with students and pursuing the use of technology. 

The PM also said English was important and could reduce disparities, so it was necessary to improve English teaching.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30314678

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-09

Are we still reviewing, oversea studies and setting up committees? Stop the procrastination and get on with some meaningful reforms. The education issues and problems are well documented. Well unless this is the hidden government policy to keep the masses stupid and submissive.

41 minutes ago, jaymbkk said:

I don't recall the previous elected government doing anything about the educational system huge deficiencies. Passed the cynicism you've got to admit that at least he's trying.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

He's talking. Pontificating. Issuing "instructions". Preaching from on high. Where does that qualify as "trying"?

Based on the M3 and M6 testing results things have gotten much worse over the last three years. Some would say that is by design, as having an educated populace is anathema to the 'powers-that-be'.

I see a lot of criticism in the posts but maybe everyone is missing one important point and that is he is one person, yes just one person. Every government around the world has issues that may be approved and many times they are not. If he was the only person involved then yes give criticism but there is a whole lot of people below him who make make it difficult.

If anyone here can show that their country makes sweeping changes immediately I would like to know what country it is.

If anyone here can show that their country makes sweeping changes immediately I would like to know what country it is.

The junta has been in power for three years. They've been prattling on about "education reforms" since day 3. They've formed countless committees, rejiggered curricula, adjusted hours, held conferences, formulated plans, etc.

And the results: getting worse.

Leadership is about inspiring those below you to improve each day, not "ordering" (instructing) them to do something.

4 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

I see a lot of criticism in the posts but maybe everyone is missing one important point and that is he is one person, yes just one person. Every government around the world has issues that may be approved and many times they are not. If he was the only person involved then yes give criticism but there is a whole lot of people below him who make make it difficult.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/opinion/30306295

Wrong. He is the PM and he should have the competent and vision to lead and delegate his cast of thousands.  Plus he has all the laws including 44 in his hands and can move mountains. If the country fail, he will have to take the blame and the responsibilities. Vietnam education reform have demonstrated results. Let's not talk about Singapore which is a different league. There are so much good models that he can emulate and yet he is still asking for review. Show really lack of competency, leadership and vision. 

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Wrong. He is the PM and he should have the competent and vision to lead and delegate his cast of thousands.  Plus he has all the laws including 44 in his hands and can move mountains. If the country fail, he will have to take the blame and the responsibilities. Vietnam education reform have demonstrated results. Let's not talk about Singapore which is a different league. There are so much good models that he can emulate and yet he is still asking for review. Show really lack of competency, leadership and vision. 

Quite right.. he is the PM he is responsible. Good that we agree he should have started earlier but as PM he is responsible. Nice you see it this way I am sure you see the failure in the rice program the same.. that YL is responsible for the corruption there (fake G2G deals) and the huge loss. Its good to see eye to eye with you. 

What a joke!

How many times in recent years has this exercise supposedly, been actioned?

Thai students are generally lazy, disrespectful and unwilling.

Schools offer poor facilities. Teachers etc are on the take as are Directors.

The whole system needs a complete update and overhaul.

25 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Vision is one thing agreement by all is quite another

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Quite right.. he is the PM he is responsible. Good that we agree he should have started earlier but as PM he is responsible. Nice you see it this way I am sure you see the failure in the rice program the same.. that YL is responsible for the corruption there (fake G2G deals) and the huge loss. Its good to see eye to eye with you. 

Sorry Robblok, we don't see eye to eye as there are stark differences. That are lots of differences between an non-elected power grapper who become the leader of the country who is accountable to no one, has no term period and visions and policies dictated by his master. Compare that with an elected leader whose is accountable to the people for a period of 4 years who will decide if that person or party should or should not lead the country. For better of worse, the rice program was campaigned in her election promises and by being elected, she has the mandate to implement.  

58 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Vision is one thing agreement by all is quite another

So he has a poor team in the Ministry of Education. Prayut has used 44 to move many senior bureaucrats even governors and minister that performed badly and don't meet his expectation. 3 years and still not have a good team is rather poor leadership.   

The usual buzzword bull-muck.

Anyone can play:

"The education system must be reformed... A new plan must be blahblahblah.... A special committee will be formed...."

Always the same tedious bandying of words and stale breath but not a jot of real, purposeful action.

This is propaganda no different to telling their tin soldiers they might one day act like actual soldiers: it's all about wrapping the gift of inequality and presenting it fresh like today isn't the same as yesterday.

The premier also asked the MOE to review the country's curriculum in order to ensure that it can increase students’ knowledge, improve society and enhance the country’s potential, said the MOE Permanent Secretary

Mr General, I do as you say!!

Capture.JPG.f97cfba529b7fb313c457620d9e4f3de.JPG

2 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

He's a man who micromanages. He gets involved every trivial issue that he doesn't need to so he can assert his authority. Oh, and he also has article 44.

I haven't seen him comment or even try to fix the RTP, Red Bull turd case or the paedophile ring in the north. It's easy to go after people selling lottery tickets for too much or someone clicking like on Facebook. Not so easy to go after billionaires and powerful people in other departments. Makes me think he's essentially impotent and he's disingenuous. 

Sorry Robblok, we don't see eye to eye as there are stark differences. That are lots of differences between an non-elected power grapper who become the leader of the country who is accountable to no one, has no term period and visions and policies dictated by his master. Compare that with an elected leader whose is accountable to the people for a period of 4 years who will decide if that person or party should or should not lead the country. For better of worse, the rice program was campaigned in her election promises and by being elected, she has the mandate to implement.  

I get it now other PM's are responsible but YL is not i get your bias ok ill remember that next time.

Its hard to debate like that if you change the rules like that.

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Prayut guiding education reform is like a blind man guiding Columbus' Santa Maria to India.

Given how "successful" a sighted man was at that job, a blind man may have been better.  He might have started by going in the wrong direction and actually finding India instead of America.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

What has the report got to do with the rice pledging scheme?

33 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

What has the report got to do with the rice pledging scheme?

I was responding to a poster from who i knew to be bias.. one PM he finds should be held responsible for failure while an other should not. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

S
I get it now other PM's are responsible but YL is not i get your bias ok ill remember that next time.

Its hard to debate like that if you change the rules like that.

Off topic but isn't YL been charged for her responsibilities in the rice scheme ? Supreme Court for malfeasance and executive order to pay up are the prices she paid for her responsibilities. Importantly, she will have to face the electorate who will have a say of her leadership and policies. 

Will Prayut be held responsible  for his policies? He don't even have to face the electorate. 

Hope you get the facts right.