90 day report in a new province - docs required?

I've got a visa retirement extension out of Bangkok where I have home with wife but now moved to another province for about 6 months to be with wife's family before moving back to Bangkok. My previous 90 day report was by post to CW, so if I now go to the new province Imm office in person to do 90 day report is there anything I need take/be aware of besides passport, old 90 day report and TM47 form?

Should I put my home address in Bangkok on the TM47 at new imm office or should I use the local and if so is there any other paperwork related to local address I should worry about?

Thanks for help guys.

You will need to formally change your address to do the report at another office. You need to do a TM28 change of address form and have proof of residence to do it. Proof of residence could be copies of the families house book and ID card of the head of household with a statement you are staying with them. After the change of address you use that address on the TM47 form.

If you will still have an address where the receipt for the 90 day report can be mailed to in Bangkok it might be easier to continue doing your reports by mail to CW.

Ok thanks. In years past I never needed the proof of residence when I would turn up at any immigration office I was nearby and just do the 90 day report. I accept from your answer things have obviously changed. I will have to change address as postal is not easy as no way to pick up the Bangkok mail.

* Another question related to your reply, when I go back to Bangkok and do 90 day postal report will I need to also mail proof of address change back to home at that time? I have my own yellow tabien bahn book for the Bangkok address if that helps?

Edited by MJKT2014

12 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Ok thanks. In years past I never needed the proof of residence when I would turn up at any immigration office I was nearby and just do the 90 day report. I accept from your answer things have obviously changed. I will have to change address as postal is not easy as no way to pick up the Bangkok mail.

* Another question related to your reply, when I go back to Bangkok and do 90 day postal report will I need to also mail proof of address change back to home at that time? I have my own yellow tabien bahn book for the Bangkok address if that helps?

Things changed a couple of years ago.

If they notice your address was changed in their database they might want proof of residence again. Your yellow book should be enough.

Ok thanks. I just downloaded the change of address form TM28 and it says on it:

>>Your local police station must be notified of any change of address within 24 hours.

I've never done this before. How does this work, am I supposed to go to the police station as well as immigration? What documents or signed forms would be needed provided at the police station? 

22 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Ok thanks. I just downloaded the change of address form TM28 and it says on it:

>>Your local police station must be notified of any change of address within 24 hours.

I've never done this before. How does this work, am I supposed to go to the police station as well as immigration? What documents or signed forms would be needed provided at the police station? 

Ignore that part of the form. Just complete the form and take it to immigration.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need to formally change your address to do the report at another office. You need to do a TM28 change of address form and have proof of residence to do it. Proof of residence could be copies of the families house book and ID card of the head of household with a statement you are staying with them. After the change of address you use that address on the TM47 form.

If you will still have an address where the receipt for the 90 day report can be mailed to in Bangkok it might be easier to continue doing your reports by mail to CW.

Are you sure about this? I can't remember ever filing a TM28. I've lived here a long time, so possibly I've forgotten, but I don't think so.

8 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

Are you sure about this? I can't remember ever filing a TM28. I've lived here a long time, so possibly I've forgotten, but I don't think so.

The TM28 form is standard for an change of address. Some offices may not ask for it when doing it while others don't.

He will not be doing it for the 24/48 hour reporting shown on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan5 said:

I've lived here a long time,

You mean you've done back to back 90 day reports in different provinces and not been asked about proof of address change?

Thanks for feedback, but I'll take a house book copy/owner confirmation for a TM28 just in case as suggested by ubonjoe.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

The TM28 form is standard for an change of address. Some offices may not ask for it when doing it while others don't.

He will not be doing it for the 24/48 hour reporting shown on it.

Well I finally went and did this earlier this week and the TM28 wasn't required. The office did require a TM30 form however filled in by the house owner where I stay. I was given two receipts to keep in my passport from the TM47 and TM30.