Do you think life is fair or not

Many people wonder if life is fair or not, we all have our ups and downs.  Some may live their life in full enjoyment regardless of the steps back and if you ask them are you happy through your life most would answer you back not exactly, and it is true because living on earth is not like living in heaven.  I wonder what you all have to say because many think we live only one life which I disagree with and if that is so please explain.  Just before I rest my fingers can you guys imagine horrible people like Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin and what have they done to humanity and the funny thing Hitler after he massacred and gassed all those people he simply committed suicide by shooting him self so, do you think life is fair I ask? and if not why don't you guys start believing in God.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life is not fair. I taught this to my son as a young boy. Get used to it. There will be people that are smarter than you, better looking than you, or were born with richer parents than you.

Suck it up, lace up you shoes and get busy working and studying as hard as you can to make your life better. Whining about what is fair is a waste of time and effort. He has turned out to be a pretty good young man.

because living on earth is not like living in heaven

Doubtful if such a place exists. Fluffy clouds and angels playing harps? Doubt it.

Edited by giddyup

18 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Life is not fair. I taught this to my son as a young boy. Get used to it. There will be people that are smarter than you, better looking than you, or were born with richer parents than you.

Suck it up, lace up you shoes and get busy working and studying as hard as you can to make your life better. Whining about what is fair is a waste of time and effort. 

Yes i agree with what you say.

Only problem is i cant tie my shoe laces, i cant work, but i am learning new things everyday.

Life is not fair, i am paraplegic due to a selfish prick, driving the wrong way, and due to the police being corrupt, he walked away scot free, while i am left with my life shattered.

"...do you think life is fair I ask? and if not why don't you guys start believing in God."

Obviously not or, as has been pointed out, we would all be equal in status, looks, health, wealth, safety etc. As for starting to believe in fiction, not thanks.

48 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes i agree with what you say.

Only problem is i cant tie my shoe laces, i cant work, but i am learning new things everyday.

Life is not fair, i am paraplegic due to a selfish prick, driving the wrong way, and due to the police being corrupt, he walked away scot free, while i am left with my life shattered.

Perhaps the shoe lace analogy is not appropriate for your particular situation? However the point was to make due with what you do have to the best of your abilities. Which it sounds like you are doing. Sorry to hear of your accident.

Of course life is not fair. Rather obvious, for thousands of years where the minority rules over the majority. And who and where you're born sets unfairness in motion in your life from the beginning.

1 minute ago, Pdaz said:

Life is what you make it. What more ? Work harder..

Some people don't have the opportunity to work harder.  Perhaps they are severely disabled, have some crippling disease, are trapped in poverty with oppressive and controlling governments, etc.

Your idea about simply working harder will improve your life, while true for the average Westerner in a modern society, is far too simplistic a view for the world as a whole.

5 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Some people don't have the opportunity to work harder.  Perhaps they are severely disabled, have some crippling disease, are trapped in poverty with oppressive and controlling governments, etc.

Your idea about simply working harder will improve your life, while true for the average Westerner in a modern society, is far too simplistic a view for the world as a whole.

QED - "Life isn't fair". Maybe they can try praying instead.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

The concept of fairness is man-made, only exists in the mind of humans and cannot be found in nature.

Thought that was obvious.

Not obvious to many/most.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

The concept of fairness is man-made, only exists in the mind of humans and cannot be found in nature.

Thought that was obvious.

There was a programme on the Geographic channel (?) recently which showed that experiments with some type of monkey showed that they too believed in 'fairness'.

Can't remember the details, but basically two monkeys in cages next to each other were given food/treat for pressing the right button (or something - sorry to be so vague).  The human then started giving one monkey a better treat and after doing this a couple of times the other monkey refused to accept the inferior treat.

I'm not sure whether it was this programme or another when a similar experiment was carried out and BOTH monkeys decided that what was happening was not fair.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

There was a programme on the Geographic channel (?) recently which showed that experiments with some type of monkey showed that they too believed in 'fairness'.

Can't remember the details, but basically two monkeys in cages next to each other were given food/treat for pressing the right button (or something - sorry to be so vague).  The human then started giving one monkey a better treat and after doing this a couple of times the other monkey refused to accept the inferior treat.

I'm not sure whether it was this programme or another when a similar experiment was carried out and BOTH monkeys decided that what was happening was not fair.

Yes, have heard of that. Monkeys and humans are both intelligent, fairness implies cooperation and cooperation is a great survival technique. Both are primates. As a percentage of total species, primates are statistically negligible as is the concept of fairness within nature.

Though your post is technically correct, I feel that it is just hair-splitting. You could argue that Homo Sapiens ARE part of nature.

5 hours ago, Farang hunter said:

it is true because living on earth is not like living in heaven.

Are you for real how on earth ( excuse the pun ) do you know what it is like in heaven.?

I've found my Heaven in Thailand thanks and sometimes life ain't fair but it's up to you what you make of it no one else can. 

Religious people label me as an agnostic, l don't belong to clubs l am just me. 

I was never promised life would be fair

I never heard it stated life was fair

My life so far has been wonderful

God helps those who help them selves, otherwise he would be too busy

God Bless

Just now, al007 said:

I was never promised life would be fair

I never heard it stated life was fair

My life so far has been wonderful

God helps those who help them selves, otherwise he would be too busy

God Bless

Don't bring god into it, if he exists he's doing a shitty job.

4 minutes ago, al007 said:

Maybe this is the reason, unkind thoughts

Boo hoo, god is offended by my unkind thoughts, so has decided not to exist.

Edited by giddyup

Just now, KarenBravo said:

Heaven (and hell) is empty; it says so in the Bible.

Only on Judgement day when the dead will come back and be sorted will anyone go to heaven, or hell.

Frankly, all a load of superstitious nonsense.

As is all religion.