Pink ID card

Phuketscooter

It is company Isaan Lawyers that inform that last february last year.That is was possible to get this. It sometimes cost 60 Bath, Some Tessaban give it free and some charge more. Or as I experice in Phuket town, they suddely suddenly experienced Tessaban just ask for all kinds of copy of papers.

The law indicated that passport and yellow housebook is enoght.

Why? More and more places do not give you "Thai prices" just by showing your Thai Driving License?

1. So you can pay 40 Bath instead of 400 Bath. Before many places accepted a Thai driver License. Now, as this is more and more known, they asked for this card to give discount price.
  2. If you need an easy confirmation of your adress, it is printed on it.
  3. Your name is spelled correct on a Goverment made card.
  4. Less hazzel with ID conformation, many places. Like Goverment and private.

So if someone alreaddy got one made i Phuket, I want to know, tell it her.

PinkID.jpg

Edited by Ron19

2 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Whats the benefit and what does it do for you that a driver's license can't?

Just another piece of Thai ID...and jumping the hopes.....the use is all dependent on your creativity....

• 9 months later...

It all depends where you live and which Tessaban/Amphur you have to use.

I did my in Kathu which was very easy.

I only needed my Yellow Book and passport.

The boss asked me why i needed it and when i was satisfied i got my pink ID card straight away for 60 Baht.

A friend of my was trying to get his pink ID card from Phuket town Amphur and it was impossible as they require a lot of paperwork and even that he was able to speak and write Thai ??

Edited by merijn

34 minutes ago, merijn said:

It all depends where you live and which Tessaban/Amphur you have to use.

I did my in Kathu which was very easy.

I only needed my Yellow Book and passport.

The boss asked me why i needed it and when i was satisfied i got my pink ID card straight away for 60 Baht.

A friend of my was trying to get his pink ID card from Phuket town Amphur and it was impossible as they require a lot of paperwork and even that he was able to speak and write Thai ??

Thanks,

The reason I asked this question was just because I have the same problem as your friend in Phuket town Amphur and I was thinking of giving it a try in Tessaban Kathu.

1 hour ago, PooYai said:

Thanks,

The reason I asked this question was just because I have the same problem as your friend in Phuket town Amphur and I was thinking of giving it a try in Tessaban Kathu.

I believe that you only can apply for the pink ID card (and yellow book ) in the district where you live.

19 minutes ago, merijn said:

I believe that you only can apply for the pink ID card (and yellow book ) in the district where you live.

Actually we are living in Tambon Wichit. I don't know if I can get one there (I have the yellow book already)

16 minutes ago, PooYai said:

Actually we are living in Tambon Wichit. I don't know if I can get one there (I have the yellow book already)

99% of getting the pink ID is getting the yellow book , its all the same information, your name in Thai, citizen number, address etc. 

You usually get the ID at the same place you got your yellow book. 

Edited by Peterw42

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

99% of getting the pink ID is getting the yellow book , its all the same information, your name in Thai, citizen number, address etc. 

You usually get the ID at the same place you got your yellow book. 

I don't think that this is correct as the Yellow book is issued by the Tessaban and the ID card by the Amphur office.

The Tessaban is for house books etc and they don't issue ID cards so far i know.

3 minutes ago, merijn said:

I don't think that this is correct as the Yellow book is issued by the Tessaban and the ID card by the Amphur office.

The Tessaban is for house books etc and they don't issue ID cards so far i know.

I have never really understood the separation and who does what. If I go to my local Tessaban for anything they look at me like I have three heads and send me to the Ampher. Other places I have lived and it was the opposite.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

I have never really understood the separation and who does what. If I go to my local Tessaban for anything they look at me like I have three heads and send me to the Ampher. Other places I have lived and it was the opposite.

My simple understanding is:

Tessaban is for everything related to your house and ownership.

Amphur for personal affairs like ID cards Marriage registration etc.

Although we live in Kata, Amphur Muang, my family always goes to the Kathu Amphur for ID cards and anything related. This has always struck me as quite unusual considering the usual Thai officialdom.

But I assume I'd have to use Karon Tessabaan for a yellow Tabien Baan? Any ideas? I should do this sometime.

21 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Although we live in Kata, Amphur Muang, my family always goes to the Kathu Amphur for ID cards and anything related. This has always struck me as quite unusual considering the usual Thai officialdom.

But I assume I'd have to use Karon Tessabaan for a yellow Tabien Baan? Any ideas? I should do this sometime.

Interesting as i'm always told that you have to go to the office in your district.

But for the yellow book you really have to ask the Tessaban for the required papers.

I used the following:

Copies passport. (long term visa extension)

Proof of residence from immigration.

Marriage papers. (married in Thailand)

House book. (Blue book)

I had a sort of interview about my reasoning for a Yellow Book and when they where happy i received my Yellow Book after about 2 days as the big boss was not in the office to sign it.

My impression was that they decide on a case by case basis if they issue the Yellow Book or not.

Everything went in a very friendly way and they where very helpful in getting the Yellow Book.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, madmitch said:

Although we live in Kata, Amphur Muang,

?

Maybe I am in hotwater to comment on Phuket geography :whistling:, but:

if Kata refers to the Kata beach region then it is definitely in Amphoe (district) Kathu?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathu_District

Karon (south of Kata) is in Amphoe Mueang (Phuket city district).

18 hours ago, madmitch said:

But I assume I'd have to use Karon Tessabaan for a yellow Tabien Baan?

A Thesaban (a subdistrict organization) has no authority in such matters.

All done at the district office (Amphoe/Amphur whatever it is spelled in English).

What's your post code (ZIP)?

Amphoe Mueang Phuket: 83000, 83100, 83130

Amphoe Kathu: 83120, 83150

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

?

if Kata refers to the Kata beach region then it is definitely in Amphoe (district) Kathu?

All done at the district office (Amphoe/Amphur however it is spelled in English).

Well, as the first part of your response is totally incorrect I would rather rely on someone local to determine the answer to the second!

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

?

All done at the district office (Amphoe/Amphur whatever it is spelled in English).

I only know how i got it and the yellow book was from the Tessaban (so far i know it unless it is called different)  and the ID card from the Amphur which are 3 km away from each other in Kathu.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Well, as the first part of your response is totally incorrect I would rather rely on someone local to determine the answer to the second!

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

?

Easy to get mixed up with Kata and Kathu areas. And Kata is south of Karon.